Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2008 Allen & Ginter Rip/Trade/Show Off/Information Thread....

Comments

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I just purchased my case at Blowout cards $939 per case free shipping. Last week they were asking $1055.

Use cupon code MOMDAY2008 to get $10 off.

Blowout Cards A&G presale

July can not get here soon enough.
  • Options
    ugh... two more months
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    My local dealer is saving any promos he gets for me...nothing yet.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    They had a sweet metal sign last year, my dealer gave it to me. Can't wait.

Kevin
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    The local shop here in the Bay Area knows one of the guys that has a relic in this year's set. Apparently, it's a guitar pick from the dude that's connected with Guitar Hero??? The shop guy showed me some of the auto'd picks (pictures) that will be in the relic cards. Pretty cool, at least to see the process. Much better, in my mind, that some random "GU" jersey half inch, but still I would prefer a hair from Mr. Lincoln's (I hope) head/beard.

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah, the only set I get this year. With money tight one box will do me for now. Last year I got two boxes and ended up with TONS of doubles still sitting in my office.

Can't wait. Is there space left in the case split? please let me know, I am good for one box!

Thanks
    munson15
    On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
    ______
    Collecting all Yankees especially:
    Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
    Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
    My Player Collection Needs
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Just some updates on dealers with 2008 A&G :

Larry Roselli Cards $900/case delivered if you pay all funds now.

GCXonline Higher priced but Steve Gerber is very dependable.

Jack Lockwood email Retail & blaster cases, again very reasonable & reliable.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    one more month!

my late july trip got cancelled. which i would normally be upset about but now i can be home for the delivery of my 2008 A&G image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    How much is this A&G worth, I just picked this up along with a W.F. Cody card too

• Options
    Wow I dont think thats from the 2008 set.. Very impressive.
  • Options

<< <i>one more month!

my late july trip got cancelled. which i would normally be upset about but now i can be home for the delivery of my 2008 A&G image >>

I hope my case comes before the National.
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    You know I started this thread and it's good to see it goin. But, I'm not sure if I can get any boxes this year. Outside of Target boxes, not sure if I will. We'll see.
  • Options
    i really like the dark frames

White Whales:
  • Options
    I agree. This years auto's and Game used/Pieces of History will look sharp.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I'm getting really excited about the product this year. I'm hoping someone from our case break hits something big. And I hope that someone is me. image But I know my luck and that won't happen. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    I'm praying that someone on the boards finds a 1/1 or one of the rare relics. Then I think we should all celebrate.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm praying that someone on the boards finds a 1/1 or one of the rare relics. Then I think we should all celebrate. >>

Don't worry. When I get my relic I will have a giveaway of some kind (No, I will not giveaway the relic image). image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    Yes, I feel good about this year. One of us will have a great 1of1 pull, I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. My case is ordered.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Hi Nick

• Options
    gstarlinggstarling Posts: 463 ✭✭
    I'm in again this year as well, just ordered my case.

I'm pretty excited about finishing up my mini master set from 07 and will hope to do the same this year. Everyone was great to trade with last year, I'm sure it will be more of the same this year.
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • Options

<< <i>I'm praying that someone on the boards finds a 1/1 or one of the rare relics. Then I think we should all celebrate. >>

i pulled a 1/1 Jeter wood mini last year. does that count? image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    I'm really excited about the mini inserts this year, especially the baseball icons set! They don't have the odds on those but hopefully I'll be able to get enough trade bait in my 3 boxes to complete the set.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options

<< <i>Everyone was great to trade with last year, I'm sure it will be more of the same this year. >>

Agreed, it was a true friends helping friends board.
  • Options
    I'm in too - one case already ordered via my local guy, and I'm struggling not to order another one. I'm looking to continue the great trading that I've enjoyed over the last few Heritage/A&G sets!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to have some left overs to trade for '07 minis as well.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    just ordered a case from blowout myself, couldnt help it image
  • Options
    I was trying my best to stay away this year and catch up on past heritage sets instead, but it was just to much and I ordered a case today. Really looking forward to another great A&G trading season.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I'm in too. I've got lots of 07 and 06 minis leftover for trading too. And if anyone has extra 06 minis, let me know, i need about 10 to finish that set.
  • Options
    Oh man, I went to my local shop here in my summer haunt and he said that it would be due on the 21st. He had a box full of tobacco top loaders and I almost
    bought a ton of those I was so excited! Of course I love the autos, which I will be seeking from everyone here, but I have to say I'm particularly excited
    about the rip cards (once again) and the new felt minis.

...and of course the excitment that comes in every pack when you turn over your mini cards to see how rare it is!

Kevin
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I'll be buying some, but I'm only after Cincinnati Reds so I'll be ready to dump everything else.
  • Options
    so I am a hockey collector only!

But all this talk and all of these threads.....I just pre ordered a box of Allen and Ginter.

Let's hope this doesn't start another huge collection......
  • Options
    I have absolutely no willpower at all. After seeing the MS cashback deal at 25%, I just bought another case. The shame, oh the shame...
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Think I might go all out and pick up 3 packs of this product
  • Options

<< <i>Think I might go all out and pick up 3 packs of this product >>

with your luck you'll easily get three 1/1's and one or two autos
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Nice, Jason. Glad to see the 12 step willpower program you are enrolled in is working.

That's all it's going to take, Zep. 3 packs should net you a case or two of somebody else's hits.

Kevin, I'm assuming the pillow department in Target will be extra fluffy in a couple of weeks?

On the downside, I am going to be at the beach in Delaware during the release, so my wallet will have to take a forced vacation (as for me, does one really take a vacation with a 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year kid?) until I get back. After that, watch out.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that I pulled a silk mini hot box!!!!!

According to my calendar this stuff is around 3 weeks away. Is it too early to call your shot? I think not.

Jeter Silk mini 2/10

Kevin
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    See the BST thread I am selling complete sets from 2006 and 2007 I cannot buy any this year so if someone wants to get a start on the run........ps- Cheap if you p/u. Mike
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    Hello all, I am new to this forum. Glad to see so many other people as into Ginter as I am.

I just ordered 6 boxes and hope to make some trades with you guys when it comes in.
    I'm planning on building the base set and that's about it. Of course I also plan on pulling at least one nice relic/auto for my PC. ;-)

If anyone needs any minis from the 07 set, I have a decent stack sitting on my desk. Send over any want-lists and I'll send you anything I might have. Just want to ingratiate myself to this great forum.

Oh, and if anyone wants to pitch in for another "group case" like I see went on earlier, let me know. I would be in for another couple boxes at around 960/case (80/box) from Chris J over at the Hobby Box. I probably missed the boat on that, but thought I'd try.

Andrew
  • Options
    Pogue, welcome to the boards. Turn on your PMs, I may have some decent trades to make with you for some of your '07s.
  • Options
    Welcome, Pogue! I look forward to trading with you (and everyone else) this year. Good luck with the case break. Unfortunately all of the boxes from my case are spoken for or I would let you in on it.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    PM's turned on, let me know what you need.

Is it just me, or is there a lag from the time you post something to when it appears here? TCC is better in that regard methinks.

Happy 2-weeks-until-A&G-arrives day!
  • Options
    How does everyone do rip cards? Last year I made the mistake of straight up ripping the tab. Am I correct in saying I should just slice open one end? Also how common are the plastic sleeves for the mini's. Something I can find at the national?
  • Options

<< <i>How does everyone do rip cards? Last year I made the mistake of straight up ripping the tab. I correct in saying I should just slice open one end? Also how common are the plastic sleeves for the mini's. Something I can find at the national? >>

I ripped the tab and had no problems. Anyone else?

The plastic sleeves are easy to find since they are the same as the ones used for t206 cards
    White Whales:
  • Options
    No some people like to keep them as mint as possible for resale of the rip card. Just dont know the best way to do it.
  • Options
    i have an extra case coming now. i can organize a second board case break if anyone is interested.

PM me if you want in. $86 delivered per box.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    If anybody has them, check out some of the crazy prices for '06 Bazookas going on right now.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    15 days left.
  • Options