Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2008 Allen & Ginter Rip/Trade/Show Off/Information Thread....

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of 08 A&G, have you guys seen this listing?

Very impressive!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    oh man, what a set (or near set). There used to be a guy on here who did close to the 06 bazooka backs. Never worth the money in the end, but a nice
    set none the less.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    While this is on the front page.
    Anyone have any of this sitting around? Buying or trading.

2008 allen & Ginter (Needs)

Reg. Backed Mini's (11): 29, 30, 53, 159, 167, 211, 212, 220, 326, 339, 348,

World's Greatest Victories: 12, 19

World Icons: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20,

Baseball Icons: 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18,

World Leaders: 2,

Team Orange: 1, 2, 7, 10,
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    Edit to reflect a sale, and a bump for the Monday crowd....

Unfortunately, due to life's unfortunate circumstances, I have to sell my Allen & Ginter collections. I would rather avoid the eBay route and give the folks here first crack. All cards are mint and have been kept in binders/sheets in a non-smoking, non-humid environment.

Here is what I need to sell/move...

2007 Base Set (1-350 w/SPs), 30 Dick Perez, all 50 flag minis, all 10 Roman emperor minis, the complete 5 card snakes set, 18 misc relics and autos (including a Jon Papelbon auto), and 30 misc minis (Mantle AG, Dice-K AG, Ichiro and Bruce Lee black borders...).

2008 Base set (1-350 w/SPs and the Kosuke Fu*udome NNO), all 50 state cards, all 20 World's Greatest Victories cards, all 50 world leader minis, all 17 baseball legends minis, all 10 Team Orange minis, all 5 pioneers of aviation and all 5 deadliest sharks cards, 12 misc World Icons minis, 23 misc relics and autos (including an Andre Ethier auto), and 25 misc minis which include an Ichiro black border and a couple extra Team Orange.

I've priced these out on eBay and have discounted roughly 20% to the averages I've seen there. I am selling each binder individually or will sell both for an additional discount, but I will not piecemeal anything within each binder. These prices are also firm.

2007 binder: $140
    2008 binder: $120

Or, both binders for $250.

I will foot shipping within the lower 48, but any further and we'll need to negotiate that.

Please reply by private message if interested. Thanks!
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    I edited the post above, dropping the price for each binder by $10 and the combo another $10. I'm calling this my weekend special. If no one on the board wants them this weekend, I gotta toss 'em up on eBay with a BIN and a prayer.

Thanks y'all!
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Bumping a dead thread, but I'm sending out a plea for help.

Looking for 2008 A&G Printing Plates of Frank Thomas...any leads would be appreciated.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I must have some super strange biological clock or subconscious OCD because exactly one year ago today, I posted the exact same thing I just pulled this thread up to post again...

Bumping a dead thread, but I'm sending out a plea for help.

Looking for 2008 A&G Printing Plates of Frank Thomas...any leads would be appreciated.
  • Options
    I just busted 4 boxes of 2012 yesterday..fun stuff. I have a bad feeling that a few of those plates might be hiding in 2008 boxes. 08 was the worst year for ginter
    by far. Someone needs a blowout sale on these.

Waalt
  • Options

<< <i>I just busted 4 boxes of 2012 yesterday..fun stuff. I have a bad feeling that a few of those plates might be hiding in 2008 boxes. 08 was the worst year for ginter
    by far. Someone needs a blowout sale on these.

Waalt >>

I too figure they might be hiding in boxes...the one time I try to do a Frank Thomas "rainbow," Ginter isn't a big seller.
  • Options
    so you just need one or are you going for all of the plates?
  • Options
    Need 2 more plates. I have the silk numbered 01/10, I have the Bazooka number 01/25, 2 plates number 1/1, and I just want the other two plates. The wood is locked up in a collection, but I'm hoping to work out a trade for it in the future as we've got some cards each would like to barter for.