Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Paid for express delivery friend.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I had a 5 business day order/delivery and I thought that was fast. Beat me by a day!
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I ordered 10 on 4/30 just shipped today, did not do expedited shipping---will receive in June.image

Joe
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Oh Crap!

I ordered 4 more 2008-W SAE's on 5/3 (Saturday) and they arrived today!

Stupid mint screwed up the order with 3 of the coins being the reverse of 2007! image

Whats a guy got to do to get honest to goodness 2008-W SAE's that have the CORRECT Reverse on them! image >>

hey Ike.. how did you place a small <$300.00 order on 03 May and get it today?.. did you order a bunch of other stuff along with it, so they upgraded it to expepooped Fedex?.. i placed an order for 2 ASEs the same day and they just shipped them today by Parcel Post by way of Jupiter, tied to the back of a snail.. c'mon fess up.. but don't worry, i'm sure both of mine will be 08/08s.. and i'll gladly sell you one for $30.00 plus $21,000.00 shipping.. image

Edited to add.. just saw you posted again and said you paid for Fedex.. man, that's what i call faith.. that extra money you paid to get'em fast could've bought you a teaspoon of gasoline!..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    I added the invoice to my post just to keep the skepticizm to a minimum. Note the 5/07/08 date in the upper right corner.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the smaller orders are the best bet now. I would not be surprised if the mint in there never ending quest for fairness have been distributing them through the small orders so the big greedy dealers don't get them all.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    2008 W reverse 2007 PCGS MS70 FS on eBay (Item number: 380025109665) buy now for $2500 image
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

I need my mint order expedited shipping !!!

Congrads to those that scored today!
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh Crap!

I ordered 4 more 2008-W SAE's on 5/3 (Saturday) and they arrived today!

Stupid mint screwed up the order with 3 of the coins being the reverse of 2007! image

Whats a guy got to do to get honest to goodness 2008-W SAE's that have the CORRECT Reverse on them! image >>

If no one else will say it, I will

YOU SUCK.

This is more proof that the Mint does not complete the orders as received. My order which was placed on 4/29 was mailed today.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Too late for an FS for me but no sooner did I list one of those that arrived today than it sold for a $250 BIN. image

Exactly what are the raw ones going for anyway?

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Too late for an FS for me but no sooner did I list one of those that arrived today than it sold for a $250 BIN. image

Exactly what are the raw ones going for anyway? >>

in your case.. $250.00..

that's exactly the questions you should have asked BEFORE you listed it.. {{giggle}}..

you probably could've gotten $300.00+ for it..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I believe raw is around $300,
    NGC ER69 $280
    PCGS FS69 $300

NGC70 $450
    PCGS 70 $1300

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Too late for an FS for me but no sooner did I list one of those that arrived today than it sold for a $250 BIN. image

that's exactly the questions you should have asked BEFORE you listed it.. {{giggle}}..
    image >>

<< <i>I believe raw is around $300,
    NGC ER69 $280
    PCGS FS69 $300

NGC70 $450
    PCGS 70 $1300

>>

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭

At this moment raw on Ebay is $275-300
  • Options
    Gerber make a plastic kids spoon that has a handle just the right shape for "pooping" these things out of the packaging. --Jerry

I use my Gerber Guardian, is that OK?

The ASE's just pop right out when I show it to the coin!

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gerber make a plastic kids spoon that has a handle just the right shape for "pooping" these things out of the packaging. --Jerry I use my Gerber Guardian, is that OK? The ASE's just pop right out when I show it to the coin! image >>

Different Gerber...but the one I referenced has a nice rounded plastic handle that doesn't scratch anything. Yours would be better strapped to your ankle when going to a coin shoppe in a less desirable part of town. image--Jerry
  • Options
    little baggies for slabs.. i just went over to Michaels (the craft supply store filled with women buying stuff no one needs.. to take back to their Martha Stewart Living homes and sit around working on little projects while the old man is stuck in traffic in his Mercedes..) .. and bought a box of 200 or 250 3" x 5" "Bagettes".. they're 1" taller than the slab baggies that JMRC uses, but the store is within spitting distance of where i'm sitting.. there's no white space label on them on which to write something like the ones he uses.. but they were $2.79 for the box plus tax, total $3.03.. i don't need a thousand of them..

did i ever tell yawl how much i HATE Michaels?.. 2039820398023981 checkstands.. one open.. every woman with 203920938203981 items.. stood behind one watching life pass me by while the cashier rang everything up wrong, had to un-ring it all, call over the Manager to punch in some code.. ring it all up again.. i was waiting for the customer to reach into her steamer trunk purse and go fishing for a checkbook.. the line grows longer than Pirates at Disneyland on a Spring day.. "checkstand 12 is now open" blares out over the PA.. 20398203981 women run over there.. i stay put.. women who were three people in line behind me who raced over to checkstand 12 were out the door before me.. soon as they leave, they close checkstand 12.. i laugh to myself and get some weird stares..

the only store i despise more than Michaels is Big Lots, formerly Pic'n'Save.. absolutely the slowest checkers in the civilized world.. these stores outta hang out a huge banner outside that says "Masochists' Day - EVERY Day!".. anyway, i got the Bagettes and they work fine for slabs, so if you don't need a thousand, and you can stomach Michaels.. there ya go..
  • Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359

<< <i> <<I dont feel so bad buying Prez First Day Covers for 15 bucks, at least I know they are actually struck on the first day. >>

That's what they claim, just another widget. >>

as if you know for sure ..... still better than being a sucker for last years old eagle design image I just found a 2008 lincoln , looks like last years design...who wants it? low shipping!
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    ONLY 1 out of almost 100. Divided amoung 6 orders placed on 4/30 and 5/1. All orders between 12 and 20 to get free Fedex.

This Sucks !!!

I did score some graded ones early, so I'm not totally out, but still.

Edit to add: It was a thrill to find one. That was pretty cool, I have to admit. image

• Options
    Updated count for today:

43/356
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ONLY 1 out of almost 100. Divided amoung 6 orders placed on 4/30 and 5/1. All orders between 12 and 20 to get free Fedex.

This Sucks !!!

I did score some graded ones early, so I'm not totally out, but still. >>

my small bet says your one 08/07 was returned to the mint by someone who was cherrypicking for FS or ER only, b4 all heck broke loose

• Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I ordered 99 of these things back on April 21st and got a big giant goose egg and a sore index finger tip!!!! They were delivered around the 1st of May. I see I am coming close to my 100th post - I wonder what I should give away - any suggestions?

Jeff
  • Options
    CB2597CB2597 Posts: 3,042
    100th post - I wondor what I should give away - any suggestions?

How about a 2008 ASE Proof. imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>100th post - I wondor what I should give away - any suggestions?

How about a 2008 ASE Proof. imageimage >>

That's a good idea but I do not have any. I do have a bunch of these silly regular 2008 uncirculated ASEs though. Ok - here are the rules:

My 100th post will be in this thread
    The first person that says "get a life - 100 posts is nothing here!" will win an Uncirculated 2008 W ASE.

Jeff

P.S. This is kind of a secret giveaway in that no one knows about it but the "few" people that read this thread!!!!
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I went 0/280 today. At least I got some last time. these were ordered on 5/1, 5/4 and 5/5.
  • Options
    "get a life - 100 posts is nothing here!"
  • Options

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"get a life - 100 posts is nothing here!" >>

yeah, what he said. image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Hopefully it will be sometime today Jeff. image Just placed my small order of 4 coins about 5 minutes ago...see what happens when it arrives. image
  • Options
    LOL - oops I forgot to add one small rule - the quote has to be after my 100th post!
  • Options
    Jerry you don;t need another 2008 SAE!

Dang!

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Hopefully it will be sometime today Jeff. image Just placed my small order of 4 coins about 5 minutes ago...see what happens when it arrives. image >>

It could very well be today!
  • Options

<< <i>LOL - oops I forgot to add one small rule - the quote has to be after my 100th post! >>

So when ya gonna make that 100th post?

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>after my 100th post! >>

So will that be on your 101 post???
  • Options

Maybe my name! image

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I wonder how many people are paying attention to this spontaneous giveaway? When there is a 100 under my GBP Helmet.....

I just thought of something - this is kind of a lame way to up my posting total!

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>LOL - oops I forgot to add one small rule - the quote has to be after my 100th post! >>

literally: expost facto.
  • Options
    dont back out on us now Jeff..image
  • Options

<< <i>Jerry you don;t need another 2008 SAE! Dang! >>

No, if I win I'll ask him to give it to a YN.
  • Options

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>dont back out on us now Jeff..image >>

What?!?! oh.... you fooled me into another post!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

Jeff
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder how many people are paying attention to this spontaneous giveaway? When there is a 100 under my GBP Helmet.....

I just thought of something - this is kind of a lame way to up my posting total!

Jeff >>

Actually - No lamer than using +1's

Crap wiskerchew! image

The name is LEE!
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>"get a life - 100 posts is nothing here!" >>

HOLY %$#! THAT WAS FAST
  • Options
  • Options
    WOW, a newbe prevailed........................................
  • Options
    101 posts i got it!!! Its a tie Jeff look at the 4:14 time...
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    "get a life-100 post is nothing here"image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file