123457»

Comments

• Options
    300.5!
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    This is a penguin - made of Gumby-flesh - lounging in coffee beans.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well said Mike.

My Father is a Purple Heart recipient from Vietnam. It was awarded to him after shrapnel hit him when a Helicopter exploded near him. When I was a kid I asked him why he didnt have it up on the wall for display and you know what he said to me? He said he was ASHAMED of getting it for a minor injury while there were guys that got the same medal for losing limbs and getting killed, those were the guys who payed a much dearer price for the award.

I sincerley hope that you understand the ABSOLUTE IGNORANCE you displayed if in fact you claim to have received this award and you didnt. >>

Perkie

He never said he got the Purple Heart - he said he was wounded in his last tour - I asked IF he received the award - he never answered - instead he hit me with self-righteous indignation.

Like I said - we honor our wounded - we award the Purple Heart - if he received it? Fine. I'll up the ante from Lee. If he PM's me a copy of his orders? I'll give him a present also - in fact - I'll trade him my first born!

mike >>

If he never said that then I will now delete my input on this matter..I say out of RESPECT for our Veterans I hope we never run into this again...
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Then it's been settled- Jay got the Purple Heart in 1944. I will now paypal the money to him immediately. Sorry for doubting.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I would like to trade up for a psa 8 Pete Rose rookie....can I continue it from here? I have not served in the military. Im just a regular card collection schmo. Anyone interested in a trade?
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Jay, I will trade you a PSA 8 Pete Rose rookie for your mini-cooper. What color is it?
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know what this thread is all about but I suspect that if I sat and read it that I'd quit the hobby. >>

Without question. >>

Are you kidding! This is the thread that brought me back into the hobby.

We have Pete Rose, Purple Hearts, paternity questions, and CDsNuts making $100 bets with less responsibility than client #9. You can't buy entertainment like that folks.

I have no idea what this is all about, but I'm definately joining the PSA Collectors Club because of it.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    311 is a good band
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    Sevendust