Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

**Moved to the BST board**

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Thanks everyone. I'm really not quite sure, but I think I sense a hint of distrust because I am new to the boards? If that's the case I'll send first on every trade. It's really not a problem to me. What would I be losing out on if I were to get stiffed, a '84 Topps Mattingly PSA 9? Because that's what I began with. And the "stiffer" would be losing out on whatever reputation they've amassed here. As for me, I don't mind sending first.

I think some of you are missing the point in all of this. I feel some of you are under the impression that I can't just go out and drop $2k on a PSA 8 Rose rc. I could if I chose to. Instead, I am getting back to the basics. I want to TRADE my way to a specific goal. You know, the way some of us did when we were kids?

So, to anyone who I agree to a trade with on this journey for a Pete Rose '63 Topps PSA 8 - You tell me how you want to deal and who is to send first. Like I said early on, I am here to collect, enjoy my time and have some fun.

All of this drama is really unnecessary. >>

The trading is not the issue. The issue is the charity involved with each trade along the way, as for you to gain any ground will involve each trader to take less in return from you for what they are giving up. When I was a kid we usually traded on an equal basis which this is not the case.

Bragging that you can go out and buy the card will not win you any bonus points either. Instead of people helping you get a card you otherwise couldn't afford, they are essentially giving you a freebie.

Good luck on your quest though.

J
  • Options
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing DrJ made the first trade with you....

Cant wait to see what it is...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

DrJ -- Your pettiness knows no bounds. And it's disgusting.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geez if the person that is trading with Jay does not care that he traded more for Jay's item why should anyone else?

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard around here as of late. And I usually hear it all.

If someone wants to trade 50.00 worth of cards for Jay's Mattingly let them!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Pete14Rose, DrJ is almost always negative about everything. Please dont think his comments are indicative of the comments from the rest of us.

I support you in this, just like I support Bryon in his quest.

I'd love to take part in this at some point (especially since I missed out on Bryon's trade).

I'll keep my eye on this and I'm sure we'll be in touch.

Good luck man, and welcome to the boards.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys...

This is all for fun.

I'm pretty sure Pete/Jay knows the limitations of trying to make a trade like this - I really think he's just tryin to have some fun wth it.

Heck - I just put a can of Reese Artichoke Hearts up for trade on the B/S/T forum - who knows - maybe I'll get a trader?

Let's all just have some fun and watch the action.

If it's meant to be - he'll do good - if not? He gets an "extra" card traded and gets something new in return.

I can't believe it's almost Monday already!

Happy Easter
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Old Doc's been runnin the show here since Oct. 07, good luck to both of the traders. It's fun to read.
  • Options
    Good luck on your quest, I was looking for something to offer you for the Mattingly, but someone beat me to it. This will surely be another fun thread to follow.
  • Options
    ..........And I get a 84 Mattingly

So Hush

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>..........And I get a 84 Mattingly

So Hush

Steve >>

I'm looking forward to the scan.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    The scan? of the Mattingly? it is on page 1 of this thread.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards...and good luck with your quest. I could have used the Mattingly myself, but I have been fighting myself to hold off for a PSA 10 that will go for more then I am willing to spend...

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>The scan? of the Mattingly? it is on page 1 of this thread.

Steve >>

No Steve - what he picks up.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Ohh you mean I have to send him something too?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Are the Reese Artichoke Hearts still available?

PM sent.

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>Ohh you mean I have to send him something too?

Steve >>

image lol

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213

<< <i>DrJ -- Your pettiness knows no bounds. And it's disgusting. >>

Not sure what you are disgusted about or what in any of my posts would even remotely be considered petty. I had an opinion on the subject which differed from yours. You are the one who went off on some tangent about military service, that had nothing to do with the original topic, etc. etc.

In my last post I wished him well on his quest and planned to leave it at that. Move on my man, the topic is over with in my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>Dr. J,

I didn't mean to imply that I am well off in any way. I live on military pay. Anyone here that's prior or active service knows what that is like. I am saying that if people think I am doing this for "charity" or a hand out, I am not. If I really wanted to I could find a way to pay for the card. I would much rather trade my way to that goal. That's it. Final. I'm not going to sit here and go tit for tat with members who seem to look for anything negative to say in response to me...no matter what I say to them.

Life, in general, is stressful enough. This is my hobby and I enjoy it. I'm not looking to argue with anyone. Period.

Have a great night. >>

Fair enough and once again good luck on your quest. If you can net a Pete Rose Rookie from starting with a Donny baseball rookie more power to you!
  • Options

I agree.
  • Options

<< <i>

I agree. >>

You go boy!

To the top!

• Options
    Funny - I was at my LCS (local card shop) and the owner has a raw Rose rookie as part of his collection. Thinking about another thread where the poster sent a battered Rose rc in for an auto I thought it would be interesting to do the same thing as this thread (trade up) but with lower goals.

Well, the game is on and LMK when you get that low end Rose rc...

Good luck.
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    pete14rose isn't really new to the forums.. he's been around before..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Thread to be moved to buy/sell/TRADE forum,
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>pete14rose isn't really new to the forums.. he's been around before.. >>

I'll address this one more time. Sorry, you're mistaken. I'm familiar with how things work online so this shouldn't be too difficult. If there's a moderator of some sort on these boards they should feel free to look at my registration info (name, address and my IP address). A member and I just exchanged addresses for a trade. That should be sufficient to show that my information is correct. Like I've said I am a first time user of these boards. All of my personal information will show that. Other than donating DNA, there's not much more I can do to calm the conspiracy theories that I seem to feel are an everyday part of this forum. >>

you're not former member "EB31"?
    ·p_A·
  • Options

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I think this is another cleverly disguised pandrews alt id. Well done Perry, but I'm not falling for it.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    You're not falling for the banana in the tailpipe?
  • Options

<< <i>I think this is another cleverly disguised pandrews alt id. Well done Perry, but I'm not falling for it. >>

CDSNUTS, I always thought you were an alt of Perry, as wsa nutsonchin420 on ebay, now I am quitting the hobby
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I had to sell that SOB a bunch of 82 Fleer PSA 10s for like 4 cents each because nobody else bid on them. He is definitely not me.
  • Options
    image my first submission was 82 fleer and a pulled my first PSA 10's...I think I lost $$ between grading and shipping
  • Options

<< <i>Thread to be moved to buy/sell/TRADE forum, >>

Waiting for someone to say this to Elemenopea...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thread to be moved to buy/sell/TRADE forum, >>

Waiting for someone to say this to Elemenopea... >>

He might freak out. Watch out!
  • Options
    Nice to see your sticking around (DrJ)

- uncut

• Options
    It's in, the results of my first trade towards my goal of trading for a 1963 PSA 8 Pete Rose rc. I have to say a huge thank you to Steve (WinPitcher) for his graciousness and generosity. Not only did he trade me a very beautiful PSA 9, he threw in a little something (a lot something!!) extra. Thank you Steve!

Here's what's up on the trade block now. As always you can PM or email (pete14rose@msn.com) offers if you're interested.

imageimage

This was the additional card he sent. Thanks again Steve!.

imageimage

• Options

<< <i>You're not falling for the banana in the tailpipe? >>

Spectacular Mark & Brian reference....if that is what you are referring to......if not, nevermind image
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You're not falling for the banana in the tailpipe? >>

Spectacular Mark & Brian reference....if that is what you are referring to......if not, nevermind image >>

Isn't that remark from Beverly Hills Cops?

Nice card Jay - good luck on your next trade - I think Steve got the ball rolling now!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very generous trade on Steve's part. Nearly 3X the value of the Mattingly, without the bonus card. You're well on your way now Jay.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. He sure did.

Thanks Nam.

• Options

<< <i>If you're the moderator here simply compare my name, address and IP address to that other person. It would be more conclusive than making assumptions. >>

hmm.. thats almost exactly the same thing "EB31" said in this thread..

also, EB31 collected Don Mattingly and Pete Rose.. he also used the same icon..

EB31 said his name was "Jason" .. you say your name is "Jay"..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

• Options
    I hate to say it, but this thread has unfortunately turned into a.....

• Options

<< <i>
    1. The person you are claiming I am made those posts when? May 2006? I must have not been busy enough in Iraq that I had ample time to post here. >>

thats very possible.. many soldiers communicate from Iraq every single day..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>It's in, the results of my first trade towards my goal of trading for a 1963 PSA 8 Pete Rose rc. I have to say a huge thank you to Steve (WinPitcher) for his graciousness and generosity. Not only did he trade me a very beautiful PSA 9, he threw in a little something (a lot something!!) extra. Thank you Steve!

Here's what's up on the trade block now. As always you can PM or email (pete14rose@msn.com) offers if you're interested.

1965 Topps Jesse Gonder #423 PSA 9

imageimage

This was the additional card he sent. Thanks again Steve!.

1965 Topps Batting Leaders #1 GAI 7
    imageimage >>

• Options
    lets keep trading...what is on the block? one or two cards?

- uncut

• Options

<< <i>lets keep trading...what is on the block? one or two cards? >>

Both cards are on the block. I'd like to trade them as part of a 2 for 1 deal if someone needs them.

• Options
    Let's keep the trading going. These 2 beautiful '65 Topps cards are up for trade.

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    Who is Jesse Gonad?

I'll dig around and see what I can find!

Good luck with the project!

I had a '63 Rose PSA 5 not too terribly long ago.

Not a Rose fan at all ... probably would've given it up for the '65 Gonad.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.