Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Couple of nice items today.

Elgin Baylor for my NBA 50 greatest collection. This will be shipped off to PSA this week.

Greg Maddox rookie (the price was right)...

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Upgrades:

Juan Marichal (upgrade from a 6)............................................. Dennis Eckersley (upgraded the PSA 9 oc I once had)
    imageimage

Orlando Cepeda (upgrade from a 6)........................................ Dick Allen (upgraded a 7 I had)
    imageimage

And the newbies....

Steve Garvey - 1974 NL MVP; 1974 & 78 AS MVP

imageimage

And an addition to my often neglected Joe Montana Basic Topps set...
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Beautiful cards as usual there, digicat. image
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    A few additions to the set:

Hey Perk-your prediction of getting packages 5 days a week, just might be acccurate this week image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ofcourse it is! Ryan, EVERY day I look in this forum and expect to see your name as the last post to this thread image
  • Options

<< <i>Ofcourse it is! Ryan, EVERY day I look in this forum and expect to see your name as the last post to this thread image >>

Let's not exaggerate now Paul! I did a scientific study....ok not very scientific...and not quite a study...but since Christmas there have been a total of 71 days of "Mail Call" threads. I have posted on 16 of them. That means 55 days of no packages! But, if the good Lord willing...I will give 110 percent to search ebay ....taking it day by day...and hopefully I will be able to achieve my ultimate goal of opening 5 packages a week! image
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Unpacked these beaters this afternoon.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>that Ruth exhibit is cool image >>

I was just thinking the same thing!

It's one of my favorite cards - the pose on Ruth is classic!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Ryan

Some sweet pickups for your 48B set.

Early FB is just so underappreciated IMO.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn it Mike, you beat me to it!

Steve
  • Options
    Hey Perk-
    3 for 3 this week..2 more and I am going to call you Nostradamus!

This Graham is a beauty...looks undergraded to me. I have wanted this card for a VERY long time. Finally found one that has great eye apppeal at a reasonable price.

imageimage
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Nice Graham, Ryan! Your cards actually make me want to collect vintage football. And then I reallise that I can't afford the baseball that I buy no so that is probably a bad idea.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Graham, Ryan! Your cards actually make me want to collect vintage football. And then I reallise that I can't afford the baseball that I buy no so that is probably a bad idea.

Chris >>

Thanks Chris. That is one of the things that makes this board great...that we can share what we love to collect with others..and even sometimes inspire them to venture into something that they would not have collected if not exposed to it on the board. I own about 5 graded baseball cards, but recently picked up a 55 Aaron because I was inspired by what I saw on the board. I took my road less travelled, but have now gotten back onto the vintage football highway! I better slow down or my "officer" wife might give me a speeding ticket! image

By the way, I checked out your collection pics...as a Clevelander..I love the 54 Doby.
  • Options
    Thanks, Ryan! I love the Doby. The only problem is that it is too good for my '54 set. image One of these days I will have a respectable collection like yours but that is quite aways down the road.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Perk-
    3 for 3 this week..2 more and I am going to call you Nostradamus!

This Graham is a beauty...looks undergraded to me. I have wanted this card for a VERY long time. Finally found one that has great eye apppeal at a reasonable price.

imageimage >>

THAT is a very nice card Ryan! hmmm 3 for 3 this week huh? I think you might want to crunch your #'s with your little test you did! You might find that I wasnt too far off!

Again, that Graham card is a beauty! I am really thinking of focusing on a player set of his, I am however finding it very difficult to find nicely centered copies of his card, in 7 grade I cannot find his '54 Bowman issue, that one is right up there with his best looking cards IMO.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Just got this in today. I think it looks good for the grade.image
  • Options
    jeremy...nnnniiiccceeeeee
  • Options

<< <i>Just got this in today. I think it looks good for the grade.image
    image >>

DUDE!!!! Nice card. That is what I have been waiting all day to see! (Sorry, Ryan. Yours is nice too but this is baseball. I hope you understand. image) Do you mind if I ask how much that set you back?

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    JeremyDie1, that's quite an incredible card man... congratulations on this pick-up.

• Options
    ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Need i say more......................

"You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    Great Baseball guys! The Robinson looks awesome in the black holder!
  • Options

<< <i>
    THAT is a very nice card Ryan! hmmm 3 for 3 this week huh? I think you might want to crunch your #'s with your little test you did! You might find that I wasnt too far off!

Again, that Graham card is a beauty! I am really thinking of focusing on a player set of his, I am however finding it very difficult to find nicely centered copies of his card, in 7 grade I cannot find his '54 Bowman issue, that one is right up there with his best looking cards IMO. >>

Hey Perk- What's the line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

I will taunt you a second time! You silly Kniggit! OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
  • Options
    RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all I went through trying to find that Glen Davis card you have to pull this on me huh? OK I see how it is...

Yes I see how it is. I ENVY your collection image Why am I not suprised you have this card?
  • Options

<< <i>RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all I went through trying to find that Glen Davis card you have to pull this on me huh? OK I see how it is...

Yes I see how it is. I ENVY your collection image Why am I not suprised you have this card? >>

Paul-All you have to do is post a pic of that Beautiful 52 Baugh or Graham...That will shut me up...REAL FAST! image
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    That should do it!!!!!!! image
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey since everyone is showing their nice Football Bowmans! I got this too!!

• Options
    Very Nice Jeremy! That IS my favorite card! Got any other Vintage Football to share?

As you can see here, I had a fellow boardmember make this card for me after the Baugh card..

• Options
    Ok. Last one I got in the deal.image

• Options
    As always very nice stuff everyone. Paul that Brady is amazing!
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Couple of beaters for my personal collection today.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Another common for the set:

• Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Sorry for the crappy auction scan. Another of the "BIG" ones for the set out of the way.

• Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    That is a good looking card. Very nice pick up
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    Great looking Robinson!

Perk- 4/4 on the week...All I need is 1 more!

The 53 Otto that I got yesterday needed someone to throw to! image

• Options
    Nice looking 6 on the Jackie!
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

A new addition to my still miniscule HOF "set". Still can't believe there's no player set on the registry for this guy... Please, someone start one before I'm anymore tempted to do it myself and further thin out my budget.

• Options
  • Options
    Why is this thread always such a PITA to get to the last post? I have been trying to open this thread up for hours now and cant see any posts past KARB's post at 2:15pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

<< <i>Why is this thread always such a PITA to get to the last post? I have been trying to open this thread up for hours now and cant see any posts past KARB's post at 2:15pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image >>

Thanks to Chris (cwazzy) he showed me how to combat this annoying problem finnally!

4-4 Ryan? Kinda like hitting for the cycle? Im rooting for ya now Brother! I have never seen a guy post 5 different mail arrivals in 5 days in a row!!!

LETS GO RYAN!!! LETS GO RYAN!!!! LETS GO RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Love the Vlad auto. Nice new additions!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    image >>

Thanks to Chris (cwazzy) he showed me how to combat this annoying problem finnally!

4-4 Ryan? Kinda like hitting for the cycle? Im rooting for ya now Brother! I have never seen a guy post 5 different mail arrivals in 5 days in a row!!!

LETS GO RYAN!!! LETS GO RYAN!!!! LETS GO RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!! image >>

LOL...I am still waiting on 3 cards so its possible. As I said the other day, I bought a bunch about a week 1/2 go...but now my paypal money is depleted and I need to sit the bench for a little while.
  • Options
    Great stuff guys.

Ya know - some people here are like buying machines!

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>A new addition to my still miniscule HOF "set". Still can't believe there's no player set on the registry for this guy... Please, someone start one before I'm anymore tempted to do it myself and further thin out my budget.

>>

nice card! i am going to start one. eventually. probably 1-2 years out though.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter