Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Ladder,

Thanks! Back atcha on the Cobb! I just picked up a Ruth, Williams, Gehrig and Ott - pic to come laster.
    Wondo

• scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Mailman just arrived with my new 1931 World Series ticket....

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>Mailman just arrived with my new 1931 World Series ticket....

image >>

That's awesome! Do you collect a lot of tickets or just a fan of one of the teams?

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mailman just arrived with my new 1931 World Series ticket....

That's awesome! Do you collect a lot of tickets or just a fan of one of the teams?

Chris >>

Thanks Chris - I don't have a big ticket collection but I have an A's 1929 World Series ticket (which I probably posted on this thread at some point a couple of years ago) which has the same design, so I thought this would be a good partner piece to that ticket. I'd love to have a run of vintage Series tickets but the prices would prohibit me from getting far with the collection once it gets older than this!
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few for my 1969 Project have made it my way recently

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

and this beauty

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scooter - that tick is just pure sweet!

Ryan - very nice 7! Are you doing the set? One of the best sets in the post war era IMO.

Rex - those are some really super cards you picked up for your set.

Thanx guys - I always enjoy seeing what people have picked up.

Me? Nada!!!!

mike
    Mike
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Stellar, Lothar. Love those.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stellar, Lothar. Love those. >>

Some sweet Mantles, too.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Some additions to my collection...
    Lee Smith - Potential future HoFer
    7 All Star selections, 478 career saves (2nd all time)
    TSN Fireman of the Year (91, 92)
    Rolaids Relief Pitcher of the Year (1991, 92, 94)

Pat Borders - 1992 World Series MVP
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Very much digging this addition to my T218s...

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VERY NICE '53 Color!
  • DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213

Got this Bunning for my Phillies HOFer complete Topps run project.

<< <i>Very much digging this addition to my T218s...

image >>

This is a sweet card! Looks like its better than a 6 too..
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Some of my favorites from yesterday and today's mail....

A couple Heisman RC's...

imageimage

A 2008 Capitol One Bowl Game Ticket....I guess it is unused, some light creases. The 2008 Heisman Tim Tebow threw 3 TD's and lost...if you remember as it was not long ago.

imageimage

Autograph of the first Heisman, Jay Berwanger...

Langer RC for my HOF set...

Plus a LARGE Steve Young Phone Card, Signed and PSA/DNA...

I overlapped a normal sized phone card to show it size here....

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
    Oh yeah...im doing the set!!! image 53 bowman colors ROCK
    That Van Brocklin Rookie ROCKS!!!!!!!!
  • Nothing special, just a Schill RC from Bryon.

• Couple of nice additions for my personal collection today...

1960 Al Kaline Topps....

1978 Mike Schmidt Topps....

• jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>
    image >>

Useless fact o the day.

Larry Garron was my Marketing teacher in college.

Nice card!
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    A few goodies for my Heisman collection and a 1961 Fleer Goose Gonsoulin RC PSA 8, for my all-time Bronco set. I picked up a PSA 9 Elway RC last week, and had a few of the later ones already, so might have to try to pick up the others sometime...

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    I was starting to go through a mailcall withdrawal...got my fix today!

a Shortprint common for the set
    Some sweeet new additions to my collection arrived yesterday....

Johnny Bench - HoF 1989; 1970 & 72 NL MVP; 1968 NL ROY; 1976 World Series MVP
    Ron Tomkins - no awards

Harvey Kuenn - 1953 AL ROY ....................................................... Don Schwall - 1961 AL ROY
    imageimage

Jimmy Rollins - 2007 NL MVP

• My stuff is always WAY less interesting than everyone else's, but I'll post it anyways :-)

Another card for my Early Wynn player set. 1954 Bowman.

That Russ Thomas card is very cool - James Deanish, even.
    Wondo

<< <i>That Russ Thomas card is very cool - James Deanish, even. >>

I was thinking James Cagney.
    Couple of more Ringside toughies

Wondo

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    image >>

Useless fact o the day.

Larry Garron was my Marketing teacher in college.

Nice card! >>

Cool was he a decent guy?
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Elemenopeo - very cool T218... I don't recall ever seeing these before and they strike me as very Bowmanesque.

digicat - always cool to see your latest additions and I like the narratives you add to explain why.

MeteoriteGuy - awesome Young autograph... I imagine you were very stoked to get that one in hand.

Wondo - you consistently have cool stuff to show off... much of it things I would have never probably seen otherwise.

Great stuff as always everyone... I always look forward to catching up with this thread and seeing the variety of things others collect!

Snorto~

Digicat- I agree with Elsnorto, I enjoy your pics very much, you seem to just LOVE cards in general with the Vintage and Modern mix image

Alan, that 54 Bowman is gorgeous!

BigDaddyBowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ryan, I will have a few new additions to my collection sooon and I think you will appreaciate!!!!! image

• << <i>Digicat- I agree with Elsnorto, I enjoy your pics very much, you seem to just LOVE cards in general with the Vintage and Modern mix image

Alan, that 54 Bowman is gorgeous!

BigDaddyBowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ryan, I will have a few new additions to my collection sooon and I think you will appreaciate!!!!! image >>

Thanks Paul! I'm going to get all of Wynn's cards (49-63) raw and send in on one sub, just for fun :-)
  • BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

BigDaddyBowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ryan, I will have a few new additions to my collection sooon and I think you will appreaciate!!!!! image >>

Paul,
    Cool!...can't wait to see! Have you received the 52 Van Brocklin PSA 5 yet? I know you usually buy 7's..that one looked very nice via scan. Curious to see if you were happy with it once in hand. Sometimes not much of a difference between 5-7.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan

That's a nice looking Wynn card - where did you pick it up?

I don't own any 54Bs but I've always liked the set.

mike
    Mike

<< <i>Digicat- I agree with Elsnorto, I enjoy your pics very much, you seem to just LOVE cards in general with the Vintage and Modern mix image >>

I'm glad you guys like em. I enjoy showing off my stuff, even if it's not the highest graded, highest dollar material. That's why I've got pics on all of my registry sets. I'm a big fan of the game, and collecting baseball cards from various eras makes it a little more personal to me than just reading a book or watching old film. Plus, it's kinda cool to see who the standouts were back in the day that have been forgotten through the years.

Oh, and a few more....

Bill Campbell - 1976, 77 AL Rolaids Relief Pitcher of the Year; 1976, 77 TSN AL Fireman of the Year Award

Ken Griffey - 1980 All Star MVP

• Got a nice Robin Roberts in the mail today for my all-time Phillies collection.

After a long drought, I was finally able to pick up quite a few singles for the various sets I am working on. I won a 20 card lot of graded 1950 Bowman football (PSA 3 through PSA 7 and everything in between) that arrived this week. Out of the 20 cards, I needed 10 and upgraded 2. I will be selling off the rest over on the B/S/T board, including the Graham rookie. Here are some of the highlights from the lot... all are HOFers with the Graham and Fears being rookie cards:

What a mug on Van Buren. I also picked up a few singles for my 1948 Leaf and 1955 Topps All American sets:

Also on the way are the 55 TAA Thorpe and Four Horsemen cards, which I finally found well centered copies of in the grade I am collecting, and a slew of other singles from these 3 sets. Things were so slow for a while, I was actually looking for another project... fortunately I could not make up my mind which set to start before things picked up.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

Snorto~
    A couple more additions that just arrived today. A few more 1950 Bowman cards for my set, including HOFer Bulldog Turner:

Also a Walter Payton Winning In Life program (as pictured on the flyer below) in perfect condition with an added bonus, the flyer is autographed although not yet certified:

The signature looks close enough to my others that I rolled the dice with a very lowball bid. If it turns out to be authentic it will be a pretty unique piece, although not a high dollar item. I will probably send this into GAI instead of PSA/DNA since it isn't a more pricey piece. As far as the creases, I think putting it between a couple heavy books should flatten it out some and make them less distracting.

Snorto~
  • I somehow managed to score the Dodgers number 4 or 5 prospect's rookie auto and it's numbered out of 300 for $3.99 and that's including shipping! Best of all, it's on card!

• mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    On its way

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

<< <i>On its way

image >>

Kevin,

Very cool. image
    Wondo

• bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Just won these a pop 16 and 18:

Some new additions..

Derrek Lee - a local boy. He graduated from high school a few years before I did, but my school played against his during the baseball season, so it's possible I played against him a few times. image
    I got the first PSA 10 of this card on a submission of mine last year, and sold it for about $250 with the intentions of getting a 9 when one came up. This card doesn't pop up very often for some reason.

Bobby Thigpen - 1990 - AL Rolaids Relief PoY and TSN Fireman of the Year; holds the single season Saves record with 57.

Tom "Flash" Gordon - 1998 - AL Rolaids Relief PoY and TSN Fireman of the Year. 2nd place in 1989 AL ROY voting with a 17-9 record, 3.64 era and 153 k's. Gregg Olson won it that year, and Griffey Jr came in 3rd. Stephen King named a book after this guy. Heh.

• DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Got a couple of new additions of the 1960 Topps AS set I am building...

Willie Mays......

and Billy Pierce....

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pickup, snorto image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>

<< <i>

Paul,
    Cool!...can't wait to see! Have you received the 52 Van Brocklin PSA 5 yet? I know you usually buy 7's..that one looked very nice via scan. Curious to see if you were happy with it once in hand. Sometimes not much of a difference between 5-7. >>

Yes I got the Van Brocklin the other day, it is a very nice card and Im really happy with it. I have tried for years to find that card -especially the Large version in 7 but the card is just not available in that grade, I see many 3-5's overpriced with bad centering so I "settled" for a small version in psa 5, I bought the card not the holder and again Im really happy I finnaly did instead of denying myself a copy because it wasnt a 7.

Elsnorto!!! What a mailday for you! Very nice selection of cards!
    BTW- Here it is!

And this card arrived today, another one I been trying to land for some time now! Hopefully sometime next week I will have in hand my 2 latest purchases- I know BigDaddyBowman will enjoy! image