Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    great looking '54, man.
  • Options
    God hof, you're a beast!
  • Options
  • Options
    Willis Reed Autograph for my NBA 50 greatest collection.

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Rookie (and only) card of one of the early passing stars of the NFL. Isbell to Hutson was the original Montana to Rice and Aikman to Irvin. I wish PSA had a better holder, this one might end up at SGC.

• Options
    I got a few boxes of Topps S 1 in the mail and lo and behold look what I find in one of them.
    This is my first ever 1/1 pull to bad it is a Yankee.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Well, you've more than paid for a few boxes, with enough $$ to buy a couple of more...
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    True it was well worth it. I plan on turning it over to fill other holes needed in the World Series set.
  • Options
    I received the 1978 Topps baseball set that I purchased from Lee (CDsNuts) last week. After a little mixup (which was totally my fault) I'm tickled to death with this purchase. Here is a scan of a few of the cards:
    (They Murphy was included for Lee!image )
    The entire set is very close to mint, and well worth what I paid him for it!!!
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    Some of my prospecting pick ups. By the way, I'm not trying to make money at this like some people. The main reason I'm doing this is so I won't have to buy their rookies and early cards once they've made it and the prices triple. Mainly just prevention of future spending. image

I got lots of 20 cards of each of these guys today. Kluber went to college with my sister and he coached me at baseball camp one summer, so this was a pretty easy decision to load up on his stuff. Not to mention the fact he went 12-2 last year and was a Division 1 all american! Biell is just a Rays player that's pretty fairly priced and could eventually develop some big power. Both of these guys did very well in their first stints in A ball last year. (gotta love my dirty scanner haha)

Biell refractor that was only $0.99 cents because of combined shipping with the next item (which was also a steal).

Reid Brignac first year, orange parallel card that's numbered out of 250. Rays #5 prospect and should be in the Majors at SS by next year. Got it AND the Biell refractor for under $4 delivered, thanks to ebay stores!

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Some more ROYs for my set....

Lou Piniella - 1969 AL ROY

Stan Bahnsen - 1968 AL ROY (looks like a .5 bump candidate!)

Butch Metzger - 1976 NL ROY
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Page turn
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rookie (and only) card of one of the early passing stars of the NFL. Isbell to Hutson was the original Montana to Rice and Aikman to Irvin. I wish PSA had a better holder, this one might end up at SGC.

image >>

Jim

I've never seen these before! Absolutely incredible - are you doing the set? I assume it's a totally FB item?

Since they have some narrative, I like them way better than the 52 wheaties cards.

I agree - it kinds of slips around in the holder - but still very nice.

Thanx for sharing!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rookie (and only) card of one of the early passing stars of the NFL. Isbell to Hutson was the original Montana to Rice and Aikman to Irvin. I wish PSA had a better holder, this one might end up at SGC.

image >>

Cool Isbell...what a shame there were no cards made of so many of the greats from this era.
  • Options
    Another prospect pickup. Rays #7 prospect. Picked it up for $3.50 delivered. Numbered out of 500.

• Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Got this today. Very happy
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got these from my local card shop today.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    Just got this Jerry Lucas in the mail for my NBA 50 greatest collection. Kind of neat in it is actually #1 in a 50 card run on this insert.

• Options
    Jim,

That Isbell is incredible! I never knew these things existed and will have to look into them out of curiosity now (working on too many other projects to chase anything else right now).

Karb,

Even a dedicated football collector like me can appreciate a nice vintage Mantle and that 1956 design has always been one of my faves.

As for me, it has been painfully slow as of late... slim pickings for my vintage interests on eBay especially, but these slow periods come and go. I do have one pick up that I am VERY stoked about. I have only seen 3 of these offered in over a year and I finally managed to win one... for about 1/3rd of what the previous two ended for. A World Football League coaster set given out at the inaugural WFL games back in 1974. I have heard different accounts of given out to whom exactly... some say the first "X" number of fans through the gates and others claim only to members of the press. The crock contains 13 coasters, one for each team logo in the league at the time, plus one for the WFL logo itself. I am incredibly geeked over this pick up as WFL memorabilia (aside from ephemera) is somewhat scarce.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Snorto~
  • Options
    Great WFL pickup Scott!!!

Makes me think of the Chicago Fire whiskey decanter I picked up.

Thanx for sharing!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Great Buck up there. Congrats...

• Options
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Both cards are less than 20 pops:

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>image
    image >>

Nice Mayo! I want to pick up a football Mayo for my collection....tough to find...and expensive! Congrats on the Ewing!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow for a minute there I thought YOU picked up that Lajoie Ryan! I was thinking-one more Vintage football card Ryan didnt buy.. image
  • Options

<< <i>Wow for a minute there I thought YOU picked up that Lajoie Ryan! I was thinking-one more Vintage football card Ryan didnt buy.. image >>

Paul, LOL...I actually DID just buy a baseball card...and its all your fault...after seeing your Snider! Yes, One less football to buy, BUT I am REALLY excited to get it in the mail...I'll post a scan when I get it. I have eyed it for a long time...and finally found one at a price I was willing to pay.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow for a minute there I thought YOU picked up that Lajoie Ryan! I was thinking-one more Vintage football card Ryan didnt buy.. image >>

Paul, LOL...I actually DID just buy a baseball card...and its all your fault...after seeing your Snider! Yes, One less football to buy, BUT I am REALLY excited to get it in the mail...I'll post a scan when I get it. I have eyed it for a long time...and finally found one at a price I was willing to pay. >>

Excellent! Im glad I could motivate you to buy a Baseball card- sorta returning the favor to you for being my inspiration to jump headfirst into the Football! image

BTW-I cannot wait to see what you bought!
  • Options
    I remember buying and selling a few of these not that long ago in the $300 range...

$30 Tiffany
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Great Buck up there. Congrats...

image >>

Superb!

Gonna send it in for grading? Congratulations.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Devine!

Would love to have that in my collection.

The 53T design may just be my all-time favorite!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

Devine!

Would love to have that in my collection.

The 53T design may just be my all-time favorite!
    mike >>

THanks...wish the auto was crisper, but still happy...
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

One more down for my raw EX-NM 56 set.

I now have the Mantle and Aaron in 6, and the Koufax in 5, with a few other HOF'ers in 5-6.

Up next is the Williams and maybe the checklists. Next show in Columbus (May) I hope to knock out another 50 or so commons, with the ultimate goal of finishing the set by years end.
  • Options
    Bob, your Hank Aaron looks perfectly centered. Great card!image

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    Mike, The Mantle is SGC slabbed. Thing is, it may be wise to keep it as such, the way my crossovers have been rejected lately.
  • Options
    Two new arrivals today.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

<< <i>Two new arrivals today.

image >>

Very nice Bench. That is probably one of my top 10 favorite cards. He looks so young in that picture. I only have it in PSA 4, your's looks like a PSA 7 quality.
  • Options
    Dr. J, Thanks, the Bench is in a PSA slab, its an 8. When I scan cards, I'm having trouble with bluriness and darkness, so I thought I'd see what they look like if I cut off the top part of the slab. I bought it from ebay ID hustledouble, who posts on here but can't remember his name.
    It is a great picture of Bench on the '69 card.

Edited to add..... Bench and Butler were both very young on those cards, Bench was only 21 and had a great first full season with Cincy and Butler was 18 and hit .373 in the Pioneer league.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭

got this one from the board!! very happy!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    These aren't exactly mail call worthy, but I picked them up at a "show" (or was it really a "show", lawnmowerman?image) this weekend. The Robinson was $7 and the Galloway was $10. I thought both prices were pretty fair for a show.

This Upton Goudey Graph goes along with my Kazmir and Crawford from the same set. I'm pretty sure that all I'm missing is Iwamura but that's a sports royalty auto which=$.

Numbered out of 50.

Now on to prospects. All the blues are numbered out of 399.
    Giants number 11 prospect who also went to college with my sister and is from my grandma's hometown.

Rays #3 or 4 draft pick this past year.

I said enough about him in one of my previous mail call posts.

Refractors. Can anyone tell I like the #26 prospect in the Padres system?image

Just your basic chrome rookies. #5 and 6 prospects respectively.

• Options
    That Robinson is sweet, Goot. I think you did very well with those purchases.image

Robert
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Two Hall of Famers

Wondo

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I just received a t206 Stahl and an M116 Magee from Wondo....thanks John! I got the package today! nice cards!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Got this beauty from gosteelers (Mark) today

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    This came in the mail yesterday....

• Options

<< <i>Two Hall of Famers

image >>

Cool card. Do you know who's pictured because that sure doesn't look like the HOFer Eddie Collins.