Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    colebear,

I will try to attach the Partridge Meats Johnny Bench again.

There have only been a few of these graded and I believe mine is still the highest. You see raw examples pop up from time to time but they are extremely hard to find in top shape due to the flimsy card stock. I would think a psa 7 would fetch about $200 or more.

Phil

1968 Partridge Meats Johnny Bench psa 8
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    colebear,

I will try to attach the photo of the Partridge Meats Johnny Bench again.

There have only been a few of these graded. I believe mine is still the highest. You see these come up for sale raw every once in a while, however, they are extremely hard to find in top shape due to the flimsy card stock. I think if you had one graded a psa 7 that it would fetch a couple hundred dollars.

Phil

1968 Partridge Meats Johnny Bench psa 8
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Here ya go Phil

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Paaaaaaage turn...
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Been a slow couple of months, with money going towards our summer trips I have to cut back. Did pick up this for cheap:

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I've picked up few new Will Clark items lately. Here we go...

1993 Topps Black Gold Certified Winner A/B/C/D.

2005 UD Heroes auto/jersey/15. I now have each of the five cards in this set. I only need three more autos to have every auto that's /5 or greater!

imageimage

1996 Leaf Autos (Silver and Gold)

I've got a few more to scan tonight...
  • Options
    Here are two more interesting Will Clark items.

This is a 1989 San Francisco bus schedule. It opens up to show the Giants home schedule and tells you how to take the bus to the 'stick. I think it's pretty cool, and I can't imagine there are many that survived.

Here's a 1992 NewSport. These were produced in France, and it's a thicker paper, but not quite a card. I didn't realize they were this large (a little larger than two cards), and they're fairly tough to find. There were several sports included in the set, including football, I believe.
  • Options
    Another one:

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    sharp card for a 6
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I've never seen this thread on page 5 before!

Only psa9 o-pee-chee

• Options
    Got this in the mail a few days ago for free courtesy of Doug (aka puggy)

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    I imagine customer service would not know for certain, so I'll ask you guys. Will PSA authenticate this?... 10x14" print, from a 1950s NYC tribute dinner event.

• Options
    that's a fantastic picture!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    Cy Young is farting dust in that photo.
  • Options
    Muddy, Everyone of these Greats is pushing up daisies. I imagine we're not too far behind. image
  • Options

<< <i>I imagine customer service would not know for certain, so I'll ask you guys. Will PSA authenticate this?... 10x14" print, from a 1950s NYC tribute dinner event. >>

I'm not sure, as I don't see any autographs to authenticate. Are you looking to simply get the photo authenticated?
  • Options
    ajw, I now know it's genuine... Just looking for some peace of mind for the grandkids. I know GAI does 'em, but I'm no longer a big fan.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I can't help you out but that's a fantastic photo image

Edited to add: Bet if you sent it to this guy, you can get it autographed image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    These came in the mail today, not a big deal but I always wanted them when I was 10. The Strawberry's, Gooden, Grace, and Puckett are part of my continuing quest to acquire 80's stars rookies and 2nd year cards.

The Johnson/Bird rookie PSA 8 was a low end snipe of $80 that I was surprised I won. It was a live auction and I think that most ebayers avoid these.

The Puckett was a purchase from 4sc and I am disappointed with the centering. I guess that furthers the argument that 4sc gets preferential treatment. image

• Options
    The Puckett was a purchase from 4sc and I am disappointed with the centering. I guess that further the argument that 4sc gets preferential treatment.

Uff da.

You're right . . . not the greatest centering.

Nice cards, though! Enjoy 'em.
  • Options
    Push.
  • Options

<< <i>These came in the mail today, not a big deal but I always wanted them when I was 10. >>

Absolutely nothing wrong with indulging that impulse image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Thats a steal on the Bird/ Magic
  • Options
    This thread needs a bump...
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

<< <i>Thats a steal on the Bird/ Magic >>

Yeah I was quite happy with it, I am not sure if I am going to keep it or throw it in my store. I really only have one basketball card and this is it. I always wanted one, but I really wanted a PSA 9. If I can triple my money I will surely sell it.

This carter is another 80's-90's star rookie card for my personal collection. Growing up this was one of my favorite cards. This is probably my favorite poses. It always interests me to wonder what players are thinking in these photos where they are looking at the camera and posing. Anyways here it is!! Unfortunately a little off o/c, but I guess it qualifies for a gem mint slab.

• Options

just got these in a trade
    Fred

• Options
    and these

Fred

• Options
    BBF, Dem's beauties... At one time I had five of those six. Wish I never traded now, way too pricey to replace. Working on the set?
  • Options
    thanks,
    not really but i wanted some t206 hof's and had a chance to pick these up. i would like to pick some more up in 1-2-3 range and see where it goes from there. always like the set and the challenge. are you working on the set?
    Fred

• Options
    Same here. Mostly prewar HOFs (all sports) and Blacksox. Recently began slabbing some modern big guns. ADHD prevents set builds. image

Have fun collecting. Steve F
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Bob

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing the Mantle

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    Very nice, Robert.
  • Options
    sayheykid54sayheykid54 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    This Babe Ruth gem was inside of a 1938 World Series book. This was a complete surprise and I about had a heart attack when I saw it. The luckiest buy I've ever made!!image
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>This Babe Ruth gem was inside of a 1938 World Series book. This was a complete surprise and I about had a heart attack when I saw it. The luckiest buy I've ever made!!image >>

I'm pretty sure that deserves a huge "YOU SUCK!" Nice buy!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, Ruth! You have good karma coming out the ying yang! Let me know if you ever want to make a card out of it.. I've always wanted to do a Ruth.

- Garret
  • Options

<< <i>This Babe Ruth gem was inside of a 1938 World Series book. This was a complete surprise and I about had a heart attack when I saw it. The luckiest buy I've ever made!! >>

Please don't let that end up on a cut auto card! Congrats!

• Options
    Two more HOFers for the set (Finks is in as an Administrator, not a player...but he's still a HOFer!)

imageimage
  • Options
    Just won these:

imageimage
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Two more HOFers for the set (Finks is in as an Administrator, not a player...but he's still a HOFer!)

imageimage >>

Great looking Bowman's! The Finks is awesome looking! One thing that I often wcrry about is trimming. For instance, look at the gap in the Pihos, where there is none in the Finks. I have several like that. I am not pointing it out to be critical...I am to ask you if this is common in your experiences? Do many of you guys see variation in card size in the bowman issues?
  • Options

<< <i>
    Great looking Bowman's! The Finks is awesome looking! One thing that I often wcrry about is trimming. For instance, look at the gap in the Pihos, where there is none in the Finks. I have several like that. I am not pointing it out to be critical...I am to ask you if this is common in your experiences? Do many of you guys see variation in card size in the bowman issues? >>

That's a good observation. I have noticed these size differences before, but never really saw any that I thought were due to trimming. Both the 1951 Bowman Baseball and Football issues definitely have slight variations in size. The Pihos is definitely the shortest one I own, though. I'll have to take a look at it again in person when I have a chance this week and compare it to the others. The only thing is it's going to be real tough (maybe impossible) to tell if it's trimmed with it being in the holder.

It seems the vast majority of the time, though, 1951 Bowmans should fit into their PSA holders pretty snug (like the Finks).

Edited to add:

Here's a scan of one that has a little space in the holder:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Great looking Bowman's! The Finks is awesome looking! One thing that I often wcrry about is trimming. For instance, look at the gap in the Pihos, where there is none in the Finks. I have several like that. I am not pointing it out to be critical...I am to ask you if this is common in your experiences? Do many of you guys see variation in card size in the bowman issues? >>

That's a good observation. I have noticed these size differences before, but never really saw any that I thought were due to trimming. Both the 1951 Bowman Baseball and Football issues definitely have slight variations in size. The Pihos is definitely the shortest one I own, though. I'll have to take a look at it again in person when I have a chance this week and compare it to the others. The only thing is it's going to be real tough (maybe impossible) to tell if it's trimmed with it being in the holder.

It seems the vast majority of the time, though, 1951 Bowmans should fit into their PSA holders pretty snug (like the Finks). >>

I have several graded cards that seem to veary in size. Some of my 77s BB are slightly different in size though graded PSA 9s and also I have recently purchased some PSA 9s 83 Donruss BB and noticed that one card was slightly smaller in size to the rest.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    I see this page listens to me as well as my kids! UGGH!
  • Options
    I picked this up today. It should display nicely with some of my Pete Rose items. The PSA 1 grade is due to the back.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just completed a trade with a board memeber for 34, 55 All America Football cards. 31 are graded by PSA and these 3 by SGC. I would like to stay with PSA so I am offering these 3 cards to trade for some PSA graded cards from the 55 AA set. If anyone is interested PM or e-mail me at twodueces22@yahoo.com. If you don't see this today, I will be gone for 10 days and will get back to you as soon I get back. If no one is interested than here's my newest pick ups. image
    Thanks Joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pick up Cinnci. Card presents well for a 1. Mind if I ask what it set you back?
    I just sold my SGC40 Cobb Red and I've got Cobb withdrawls. image
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.