Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Nice Gatski Zef! I have been looking for a psa 7 of this for a long time, and the selling prices have been too outrageous. Some 3-4x book. Does any one know why this card has been selling for so much? short print maybe?
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my March submission. I just busted the box that has been sitting on my ping pong table for a month.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    More from my March submission:

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

I bet Tittle wishes he could borrow some of Drew's Hair!
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    These aren't anything great compared to what you guys post in here but I like 'em.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    I just became aware of these 1972 Sunoco stamps.

I bought 4 "packs" and this was the best sheet I got! Cliff Harris and Gene Washington are the 2 most recognizable players.

Does anyone know if the packs can be searched by the 3 players showing on the back? Thanks for any information.

BTW, great stuff, guys.

Robert

• Options
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Goodsport40 it is funny that you posted those. I was just going through some stuff that I had at my parents house and I came across the album and stamps for the 72's. I forgot I had them so it was cool looking through them again.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Here are some recent additions to my 1964 Beatles Color and 1956 Elvis sets:

imageimage

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Got these in within the past few days:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    Here are some recent additions to my 1951 Jets, Rockets and Spacemen set:

Unopened pack

• Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Finally got around to scanning some of my recent pickups. The E91 cards were purchased raw. The Rigney auto I bought because it was one of the first pre-1970 cards I ever bought. To find one autographed brought back many memories.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sent these TTM in the mid-1980s. Finally getting around to having them slabbed. I have a few more to send in and I also sold one recently.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    MKG809 - Those E91's are gorgeous!
  • Options
    I just got in probably my most nastiest piece..........it's the shower sandle worn by Carlos Guillen during the 2007 season, and inscribed by Guillen with "Game Used 2007". What "games" do you think they play in the shower? image

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>I just got in probably my most nastiest piece..........it's the shower sandle worn by Carlos Guillen during the 2007 season, and inscribed by Guillen with "Game Used 2007". What "games" do you think they play in the shower? image

image >>

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Please don't tell me that's your bed it's sitting on image
  • Options

<< <i>

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Please don't tell me that's your bed it's sitting on image >>

hahaa nope.....I always take my pics on a bed cover in the sun outside
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Nice items everyone.....well except the sandle....that is just kinda weird...image

A few newbies from the mailbox....

This card is much nicer then my PSA 10 Action Packed cards. One side folded over without even the slightest mark, the other half the norm. PSA seems to allow a half inch or so mark on each side where it folds....if you know these cards you know what I mean.

It is also my 3rd SCG 98 Steve Young, and I am now going to accept SCG as well as PSA. I wish the cases were a little smaller but they appear to be on the ball (as others have noted).

This Steve Young came from fellow board member Stown. THANKS Stown, with this card and another I added, I inched into second and slightly out of 1st on the Steve Young registry.

Another kind gesture from Stown. Now if I can find the "S" at a good (read as very low) price I can spell "STEVE."

Need to work on the house some so no big purchases from me in the recent future.....so I guess it's a good thing I like modern cards.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Won this from Mark and got it yesterday.

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

That's a 6 with amazing eye appeal. Great pick up image

PS: hofautos - You have posted some phenominal cards in the past 30-days image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>I just got in probably my most nastiest piece..........it's the shower sandle worn by Carlos Guillen during the 2007 season, and inscribed by Guillen with "Game Used 2007". What "games" do you think they play in the shower? image

image >>

Would he have worn these during the bubbly celebrations after clinching the playoffs or AL pennant?
  • Options

<< <i>

Would he have worn these during the bubbly celebrations after clinching the playoffs or AL pennant? >>

Nope, it was worn in either April or May of this year in the showers in the locker room
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a real high end Mantle!! Great pick up!!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thats a real high end Mantle!! Great pick up!! >>

it went a little over smr but not much...im glad it didnt reach anywhere near my final bid!!

Loth
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Would he have worn these during the bubbly celebrations after clinching the playoffs or AL pennant? >>

Nope, it was worn in either April or May of this year in the showers in the locker room >>

Kyle,

Thanks for not posting the pics where you match up the player with the item for this piece!

Great cards guys
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    First off, big thank you to Samspop. He sent me the first two cards. The first is a Ryan Klesko auto and the second is Javy Lopez. The third is for my Wade Townsend auto collection.

Edit- I'm not sure why the klesko is black and white.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Here are two from my fathers collection
    imageimage
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Quick question on the E91's. Is this one of the carmel sets that used generic pictures for the players?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Some modern Giants. I sure wish the Giants still had their bats!

imageimage
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Quick question on the E91's. Is this one of the carmel sets that used generic pictures for the players?

Yes
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    My first 1/1 *finally* showed up in today's mail.

Check out my progress on the 2005 Upper Deck Heroes set. I now have 22 autographs from the set, including a 1/1 and three auto/patches that are /5.

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I got this one in the mail yesterday, too. It's a 1987 team issue postcard. They're very hard to find, and I'd never seen the card before it showed up at my door. The image isn't the best, but sometimes that adds to the charm.

I've got a lead on some other rare team issue cards from both Will's Giants and Rangers days. I hope to have them sometime next week, and I'm already getting excited...
  • Options
    Some future HoFers...

imageimage

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    My latest additions (all bought slabbed):

imageimage
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    nice clark collection!!!

thanks for sharing
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great looking Koufax...

'36 R311's

imageimage
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    the bottom card on the right is my newest addition. came in the mail today.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cohocorp, Would you be willing to make a trade for those 4 Mantles. I have a 4 bedroom cape on a well manicured lot if you are interested. image Seriously, Excellent collection!!!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice centering on all 4 cohocorp.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Mantle, many would love to have that as a centerpiece to their collection.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Nice Mantles. image

I'm not worthy of the card I picked up today. image

• Options
    Another Matty rookie...

• Options
    very nice mantles, i think it's no coicidence all of them are centered nicely!

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Some new stuff for my collection..

Game used NY Rangers Eric Lindros helmet from 2002 with the 9/11 memorial ribbon on the back. .. also picked up a game used stick of his..

A fairly rare Gordie Howe autograph from early in his career before he changed it.. I plan on framing it with my Howe RC... won't be cutting this one up.. image