Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    A few cards for my 1974 and 1982 Kellogg's sets...

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Raw dog. We'll see what arrives!

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Another bunch of awsome cards. On my favorite thread, thanks for the pics guys. image

<< <i>

My understanding is the PSA graders do not have knowledge who owns a paticular item, when they are grading that item. I guess are you saying otherwise? Pleeeeeeze "fill me in"!

TIA

rd >>

Yup, and none of the coaches know who the kids are on the Pee-Wee team while they're making their picks, wink wink. image
  • Options
    Yup, and none of the coaches know who the kids are on the Pee-Wee team while they're making their picks, wink wink.

Right on, 'Crawler!

Were we at the same Pee Wee tryouts?
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Interesting card my dad picked out for his Cardinal set.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    My father in law bought this raw on ebay for under $50. I think it was a good buy -

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Stone. I did not pull the Koufax redemption. It was a raw card purchase years ago off of eBay and I finally got around to submitting it.

Here are some new ones in yesterday -- getting seriously close to finishing this set now in PSA 8/9. The second set is also getting closer to completion. The second set is more of a mix of grades but eventually would like it to be an 8 or better set as well.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Got this in the mail today, for my low-grade clemente collection. 1968 Topps Venezuelan #1

Edit: the black spot near the N in National turned out to be a piece of something in the holder. Never held a venezuelan card before, they feel weird!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim

That's a good looking Clemente for a Vene card!

Very nice - thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Someone's Else's Newbians!

I didn't bid on these items (from the Andy Madec Auction) but thought they were so cool! Figured u all would enjoy the scans!

rd

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    RBD ... you are one consistent buying machine!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Woo Hoo!!!!

I got the Tetley and Weis Market discs in the mail today. I've been looking for these for quite some time, now. I already had the Our Own Disc, but I thought I'd include it here, too.

I'm pretty pumped about these, as they're really tough to find, and they more or less fell in my lap. A fellow Will Clark collector emailed me out of the blue last week, asking if I needed anything from his list. He had maybe 500 cards, probably fewer. It's pretty rare for me to find anything I need from another collector's list, but this guy had several. I also picked up this Upper Deck Iooss Jumbo card from the same guy. It's too bad he had to part with them, but he can be sure they will be well loved by their new owner!

imageimageimage

The Iooss Jumbo is in pretty rough shape, but it's the only one I've ever seen, so I'm just fine with that. I think these jumbo cards may have been distributed at Wal-Mart, but I'm not sure how. Does anyone know?

Here's the standard size Iooss, if you're curious.

These cards may not be as valuable as many in this thread, but I've never seen them before, so they're very proud additions to my collection.
  • Options
    thanks for sharing, everyone!!

nice cards!!!
  • Options
    ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭

Latest 2...... Teddy Ballgame
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    Been awhile since I put anything on but got these recently that I wanted to share...imageimageSorry if the scans are to large.
  • Options
    rd

That Mantle is too sweet!

Now that's a card I'ld like to have!

Do these photos look similar?

Thanx for sharing! Wow.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    My first HOFer from this set image

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A new addition to my HoF rookies set...

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Nice Teddy auto and '52 Jackie.

The black "Lou Gehrig"...
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Tonight's Newbians! image

Are these cool or what?

Complete 27 card mint set of 1986 Montreal Canadians Postcards. Interesting, but only one ever graded by PSA (#33 Patrick Roy PSA 1-2).

Do not know if it is tough to locate complete high end sets or not? image

Anyone out there have any info on this interesting set?

rd

• Options
    rbdjr1,
    Don't have any info for you, but those postcards are awesome!
    Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    Here are some cards from a 1969 Lord Neilson set that I picked up.

Hendrix:

Bee Gees:

Traffic:

Warwick:

Simon and Garfunkel:

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    A good mail day today....plus add the Star Wars stamps that came out today and it was pretty cool overall.

My 6th different 2001 Showcase and my 3rd different 3 color of the same. From a new ebay seller with no photo....meaning priced quite fairly.

Didn't have a raw one so was happy to win this for $5.00.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Stuff that's trickled in over the last couple of days.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I never get tired of seeing '53 Bowmans. Here are some more non-sports cards.

1969 - Doors

1964 Beatles (Top Ten set):

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Beardown sweet Jackie. looking for a 5 or 6 myself.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbdjr - that is a sweet JR, and a foxy lookin' Greg Minton.

This one is a PSA ...

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Here are the bookends I just bought for my 1962 Civil War News set.

David

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I received my raw 1985 Atlanta braves topps team set that I got as a present today !!!!!!!! Oh and..... image
  • Options
    Here are the first nine cards from an Elvis set made in 1978 by Monty for the European market.

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Here are the first nine cards from an Elvis set made in 1978 by Monty for the European market.

image >>

Are those cards pricey? Just curious as I have never seen them...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    They are not expensive. They are just difficult to find. There was one seller on eBay that had a couple of sets. In addition, I recall seeing one on Scottsdalecards website. You can pick up a set (50 cards) for anywhere between $20 - $80. Here is a link to my set. Elvis - Monty The password in superfly. Just double click on the image of the pack to start viewing them.

FYI - In 1978, Monty also made sets for the Beatles, Kiss and the Bee Gees.
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike -- I sure hope that '62 Mays isn't in anything higher that a PSA 6 holder: lots of snow, wear on both the top & bottom right, and what looks like a surface scuff on the bottom of the card on his thigh and running into "S.F. Giants". (But I bet it's an "8"...)

I just picked-up a nice 7 at the beginning of May (image is on p. 294 of this thread...)

• Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    While the Chris Vines autograph is completely illegible, I think it has kind of a regal coolness about it, like the monograms of European royalty in centuries past.
  • Options
    Here's the three from my March special submission.
    The Seaver is 1/1 and is the only Canadian Kellogg's card graded. Actually, I haven't seen these available before. There is no number, even though PSA lumped it into the US Kellogg's numbered set for that year. Anyone else have one from this set?

Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    hotmush,
    That Seaver Kellogg's is pretty sweet. Kinda cool you got it to scan like that too.

Two of my recent pickups:

imageimage
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the case got damaged in shipping

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paleo:

It is a 6. It is a smudge, not a scuff.

I am resubmitting it though - I think it has a 50% chance at a 7 given the new leniency with snow (so worth a shot). I saw your 7 - very nice ( I was an underbidder).
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Outstanding! Lilly's hair is flawless . . .

Sorry about the damage. PSA should rectify that quite easily.

• Options
    GoSparks

Sweet looking DS's - for 5s they look really nice.

But!!!!

Bob - in the world of 53Bs - this one is tremendous - superb looking 8!

thanx for all the scans guys - I wish I had time to talk about everything I see.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Obviously not in the best of shape, but I love this card from the T218 set...

• Options
    That is a nice T218. It is one of the nicest sets made. Are you working on the set?
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>That is a nice T218. It is one of the nicest sets made. Are you working on the set? >>

Yes. I've got about half the set now, mostly raw, but I've been picking up a few graded as well. It IS a beautiful set, and fun one to put together.
  • Options
    The following cards of the Beach Boys, Kinks and Rolling Stones are from the 1967 Lord Neilson set:

The following cards of Procol Harum, Beach Boys and Jimi Hendrix are from the 1968 Lord Neilson set:

• Options
    Just got a new scanner. Thought I'd share my favorite card.
    (It said if you're proud...)
    It's my favorite card because, it was only released in Canada with the 85 Leaf set.
    It's a Perez DK.
    It's an uncorrected error card (his name is spelled wrong on the back).
    It was the first card I got back from PSA.
    It's the only one graded by PSA.
    And, of course,
    Stieb was one of my fave players back in the day.

Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Terrific Ashburn!

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I just got this one in the mail yesterday. It's a card designed to be separated from the 1998 Cotuit Kettleers Handbook and Planner. Will played for Cotuit in the Cape Cod League in the summer of 1983.

I'm not sure if I want to keep it in the calendar or if I should punch it out, but for now it'll stay where it is.