Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    Not sure if I want to cross these over. I kinda like them in the SGC holders.

• That's a beautiful 1978 and I have never seen the 1979. Thanks! I have a 1978 but it got damged in the mail so I am not going to have it graded.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    You know, I guess I never really took a close look at Oz's rookie card before, but that is NOT a flattering shot of him. He looks like the unholy spawn of Wanda Sykes and W.C. Fields. The regional issues to follow are much kinder, saving Oz from competition with Don Mossi.

Snorto~
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Those Gad Fun cards are way cool, especially for the price.

It amazes me that for as many years as I have been involved in this hobby I see something new almost daily... usually baseball items.

As a football collector I actually get a bit jealous of the variety baseball offers with all the (often times very affordable) regional issues, test issues, old school inserts, and other relative oddities.

Snorto~
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    My cards suck I guess, no one comments on them.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    Hey Gonblott, its not that your cards really suck. Its that they are not 1993 Finest Refractors, in particular Mark McGwire. If you started running your mouth about how everyone else was stupid for not collected the worlds bestest card, then start taunting anyone who defies you, the results would be wonderful. If that doesn't work you can possible suggest the desire to "CORNER " the market on "THAT' card.

If you do all of the above , I will guarentee , you will get all the attention your little heart desires.

Other than that your cards look great.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow! >>

<< <i>All I can say is that I've seen some really great stuff tonite! >>

<< <i>Wondo, Zef, Geordie, Trev, RM, Jeff, Digi, Bri, Sting, Meteorite, Packman, Gonblott, Chris... >>

<< <i>Your contributions to this forum - taking the time to scan and display what you're collecting has been immensely entertaining for me. >>

<< <i>Thanx!!!! >>

<< <i>mike >>

Doesn't this count as praise for your cards? I did like the Thorpe GU though, just don't collect baseball.
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow! >>

<< <i>All I can say is that I've seen some really great stuff tonite! >>

<< <i>Wondo, Zef, Geordie, Trev, RM, Jeff, Digi, Bri, Sting, Meteorite, Packman, Gonblott, Chris... >>

<< <i>Your contributions to this forum - taking the time to scan and display what you're collecting has been immensely entertaining for me. >>

<< <i>Thanx!!!! >>

<< <i>mike >>

Doesn't this count as praise for your cards? I did like the Thorpe GU though, just don't collect baseball. >>

I guess I forgot to read through, image
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    A couple to start of the week:

imageimage
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>image
    image >>

ledsters, great looking cards!

Question: Is the 1978 a sheet cut, as it does not seem to be perforated like the 1979 edition?

Thanks for sharing these items with everyone!

rd

• rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I picked-up a lot of (3) 1963 Gad Fun Cards in PSA 10 today! (This is in addition to the 4 PSA 9s I P/U earlier!).

rd

P.S. Thank you (Dennis Skerbe) for the deal! Class act!

• I got this one for under $4.00 shipping included. It's not a PSA but It'll work until I track down a Gem Mint copy.
    2000 Collector's Edge Supreme Chad Pennington Perfect 10 BGS 9.0. "They come in PSA Gem Mint10". The card in the BGS slab is a redemtion that someone didn't turn in so they could get a PSA 10. If that makes sense.
  • Great scans guys, how are you posting the pictures in the reply?
    Post War HOF Rookies #4
  • BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great scans guys, how are you posting the pictures in the reply? >>

upload scans to photobucket and then copy and past
    Question: Is the 1978 a sheet cut, as it does not seem to be perforated like the 1979 edition?

Rd. The 1978 cards came like that. Only the 1979 cards came on perforated sheets. There were six of them, which I am actively buying, if you run across any.

Kevin
    Picked up these 2 recently. The 1980 O Pee Chee is a tough card in PSA 9. The other one just looks great in a jumbo PSA 10 holder.

Kevin

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you (Dennis Skerbe) for the deal! Class act! >>

He is. He's got great stuff and he packages very well.

Got this today from Greg at Cameo Cards, another fine seller.

• nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Great stuff guys, I just love those 51 Bowmans. image

Got a couple Orrs, one on friday and one today.

Getting a little ahead of my 2 a week pace, oh well!

• MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    A few Topps coins in Monday's mail....

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    My latest eBay win (tough to find one well-centered, without a lot of snow and the dreaded print line on the top or bottom of the card):

This completes my run of 1960s PSA-graded Mays, Aaron & Clemente basic issue Topps cards. All are in PSA 7 or better except for the 1964 Clemente (PSA 5) and the 1969 Aaron (PSA 6).
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    so is there really a market for late 80's topps coins!!

i hope some i have a nice stash of them at home.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    "so is there really a market for late 80's topps coins!!" Keep it on the low please, I am trying to corner the market.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Those Topps coins sure look good in the PSA gem 10 holders.image
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    One of my "dream cards" just came in today:

The signature is much nicer in person than what shows up in the scan. The card is also in much better condition than I was expecting. I've been trying to pick up a signed Maris rookie card for a few years now, and now I can finally cross that off the list.

The other 2 cards aren't too shabby either:

The Mantle is much nicer than I was expecting (no creases, just slight border wear that shows up easily on these 62 cards), especially the nice vintage blue ink signature. I was planning on selling it, but now that it's here, I might end up keeping it.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • 2 new pick-ups......

Daryle Ward game worn 2006 Braves hat:

Tony Pena Jr. game worn 2006 Braves hat:

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thank you (Dennis Skerbe) for the deal! Class act! >>

He is. He's got great stuff and he packages very well.

Got this today from Greg at Cameo Cards, another fine seller.

image >>

Is the Taylor an error card? I think they made two cards with Charlie and Charley.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
    Sean,

Those autographed cards are great! The 1958 Maris is a special card. Thanks for showing it off.

Ledsters
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the Taylor an error card? I think they made two cards with Charlie and Charley. >>

It's technically an error, since his preferred spelling is with a "Y", but I don't think it was corrected. Topps just spelled his name that way several years, which causes me to have to double up my eBay searches.

<< <i>Registry Newbie!

rd

image >>

Always liked those Cubs team cards from Topps, with just the head shots.
  • Ive wanted one of these for a while.

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    that 62 mantle really grades a 7. rough edges and soft lower left corner??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Great stuff as always, everyone!

I was glad to get this one in, but how it made it into a 7 holder is beyond me...
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for starting my own thread on this issue. Just in today.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    That Cobb ranks right up there with my favorite cards of all time. One day I'll pick one up. congrats on adding it to your collection!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one that I have been looking for going on 2 or 3 years. Just got it back from PSA today. Bought it raw on Ebay.

Shane

• lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    WOW...

Nice stuff guys.

I wonder how much money is on this thread? image
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Scott

Great pickups on the T206s!

Thanx for sharing.
    mike
    Mike
    A few items in the mailbox today...

My first Young 1 of 1....although this is one of the 1 of 1's with 2-3 copies in collectors hands...I think.

Front does not scan well for me, but here is the back image.

1998 Bowman's Best Refractor, #'d of 400

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A new addition to my slowly growing baseball HoFer rookie card collection....

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Great Tinker, Evers and Chance portraits. Wonderful eye appeal.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I was on a quest for a PSA 8 1960 McCovey rookie, but decided that I'd be more happy getting a high-end 7 and using the rest of the money for other stuff. Got my 7 in the mail today. This baby looks better than some of the 8s I have in my collection!!!

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25