Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Zef's being held prisoner between the pages! We need a page turn!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm not terribly pleased with how this presents in the baggie it was put in, but otherwise it looks fine...

Also got this in just today
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    1980 Charlotte O's Cal Ripken Jr. AUTOGRAPHED!!
    eBay - trevordoveyauctions
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The first Gehrig that I have owned in six years:

image >>

Cool! I have never owned a Gehrig card. I was watching the PSa 1 1934 goudey the other day, but I think I am gonna grab a 1933 Goudey...someday image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1980 Charlotte O's Cal Ripken Jr. AUTOGRAPHED!!
    image >>

The car looks authentic, but the auto doesn't... maybe it was signed back in the early 80's?
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Cepeda's last card. Just need his 64 and 67 to finish off a Topps run of his cards... Cepeda Registry...

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Wondo,

Any Gehrig is a GREAT Gehrig, nice pickup !

My goal is to pick up a Goudey Gehrig in the next year. It would be my first Iron horse card of any kind.

Now for my latest addition. After picking up two examples of the '71 greatest moments Munson in the past few months I was finally able to grab my white whale for my Thurman Munson collection.

Ive been searching for a great example of this '74 Deckle for a long time and finally scored one...

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Nice Gehrig, Munson & Cepeda. I think you guys are trying to convert us holdouts into collecting vintage....;&gtimage

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Zef, that is a beauty! Are you going to submit? Good luck if you do send it in.

Robert
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought this card back in 1987 for $9.00, I was 11 years old at the time. I submitted it to PSA on April 27th, and just got it back today. SWEET!!

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Just purchased this one:

Two a week is my goal.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Jeff.

Mine looks good from a distance - but when you use a loupe - the card is a 7 at best!

Very nice.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    A couple more 1984 Topps PSA 10's. Purchased like three weeks ago, and arrived today. (Amazing how cheap you can buy these on eBay the last month or so.....like the Cal Ripken All-Star going for $10-12, and most HOF'ers for $9.99).

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Here are four cards I received in the mail today. They are from the 1972 set called Hitmakers. The Glen Campbell card completes my first series set (36 cards). The other three cards are from the rare second series.

David

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Stingray, nice pickup. I love those old Padre uniforms !

Mark, really nice job on those '84 topps. How can you beat them for the price image

David, what can I say ? Those hitmaker cards are absolutely the coolest thing going. Sometime in the near future Im gonna have to look into assembling a collection of those. Thank you very much for introducing me to those for the first time image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Hey guys! Haven't posted any scans for a long time, so here you go!

Been to some shows and got some random stuff.

I BUY ANYTHING METS (REYES =P) AND LOVE VINTAGE AS WELL.

Sometimes I buy a cool hot card here and there.

*PLEASE BE ADVISED DOTS, SCRATCHES, ETC ARE FROM SCANNER AND NOW ON CARDS.*

QUESTION! Is this Japanese player any good? I pulled him out of a $5 pack the other day.

• Options
    Also, the Thorpe is 5/50.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I finally got around to scanning and uploading Monday's mail day. Considering that I was getting something back from PSA/DNA, I was hoping that it would be a nice big mail day. I think this qualifies:

Purchases:

There were a couple of smaller cards included (03 Gold Refractor of Andre Randolph, etc.), but it wasn't worth holding up the post to scan those. This was the item I was waiting to get back from PSA/DNA before showing off:

I decided to have it slabbed as "authentic" instead of graded, for while I think it might have gotten a PSA 8, if it came back a 7, I would have been a little bit disapointed.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Zef, that is a beauty! Are you going to submit? Good luck if you do send it in.

Robert >>

Yep, its in "the pile."
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>The first Gehrig that I have owned in six years:

image >>

Nice Wondo!

=P
  • Options
    page turn...
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!

All I can say is that I've seen some really great stuff tonite!

Wondo, Zef, Geordie, Trev, RM, Jeff, Digi, Bri, Sting, Meteorite, Packman, Gonblott, Chris...

Your contributions to this forum - taking the time to scan and display what you're collecting has been immensely entertaining for me.

Thanx!!!!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    churchiscoolchurchiscool Posts: 532 ✭✭
    absolute favorite of my collection, big ed delahanty of 19th century fame.

• Options
    I'm sure you alread know this, but that is one sweet item! Congrats on a great pick-up!

<< <i>absolute favorite of my collection, big ed delahanty of 19th century fame.

image >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    What year is that Delahanty cabinet card from? Awesome!

- joe
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I just made a deal for this lot of (15) Diamond Match Company of NYC unused match covers of NFL Hockey Players. Most examples are in mint or near mint condition! These items have never been folded or stapled, and have no match strikers, and thus have not been catalogued to my knowledge. They seem to be quite unique.

They are from the 1930s. I was told these unused matchcovers were "salesman's samples", note one of the matchcovers has a "stock number" (i.e., Burt Connolly) hand written where the match striker should be.

I'm exicted about this purchase, and hope you enjoy these ebay scans?

rd

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

• Options
    churchiscoolchurchiscool Posts: 532 ✭✭
    joe it's a 1902 W600. the w600s ran from 1902-1911 but ed was only in 1902 and 1903 because of his tragic death in 1903.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just made a deal for this lot of (15) Diamond Match Company of NYC unused match covers of NFL Hockey Players. Most examples are in mint or near mint condition! These items have never been folded or stapled, and have no match strikers, and thus have not been catalogued to my knowledge. They seem to be quite unique.

They are from the 1930s. I was told these unused matchcovers were "salesman's samples", note one of the matchcovers has a "stock number" (i.e., Burt Connolly) hand written where the match striker should be.

I'm exicted about this purchase, and hope you enjoy these ebay scans?

rd

Holy crap those are sweet! I have some diamond matchbooks, they're not like those!!!
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    all those extra 24 hour - 50 dollar per hour shifts ive been doing are paying off image

• Options
    AND THESE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    here is a quad of 4 cards i got back from psa earlier this year...sent the cards in with a sub from milbroco....I LOVE YOU BOB!!

the following were the grades prior to going to psa...cracked out of BVG holders

55 williams BVG 5.5 with 9.5 centering
    54 mays BVG 4.5 with 9.5 centering....4 corners my rear!!
    64 rose BVG 6.0 with 9 centering
    54 ford BVG 5.0 with 9 centering

loth
  • Options
    some 58 yankee madness:

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Holy effin sheep guano!

Nice cards image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great esco Gehrig and Big Ed. Nice to see lots of vintage for a change. image
  • Options

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    One more for the week:

• Options
    Here is a link to the Ringo Starr and His All Star Band set. The password is superfly. The set consists of 10 cards.

A little background to the set: The company Big League Cards was started by Jim Bouton (sp?) - former pitcher. The concept of the company was that anybody could have baseball cards made. You would send in some photos and they would generate a set for you. The set would be limited in production to 50 sets. The company is still in existence.

Ryco - the record label for Ringo Starr and His All Star Band came up with the idea of having a 10 card set made to tie-in to the debut of the band. They worked with Big League Cards to produce 50 sets of 10 cards each to send to various executives. My set is #7 out of 50.

David

Link
  • Options
    love that clemens up top!!

loth
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Newbies! image

1963 Gad Fun cards!

Just bought these (4) cards for a total of $ 31.58 delivered ($7.90 ea)!

Hope I did well, as I know little about this series?

Here is the 1963 Gad Fun Cards Checklist

I figured cards 11, 31 & 41 have a PSA Title of Ty Cobb and card 52 is labeled Babe Ruth, so I figued Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, PSA 9, lo pop, under $8 per card delivered, 44 years old, was a decent gamble on my part? image

rd

imageimage
    imageimage

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great Clemente up there.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    More recent arrivals

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    A couple of cards I recently had signed.

imageimage
  • Options
    ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    And my twins recently back from PSA. These were both crossovers from SGC.

• Options

<< <i>And my twins recently back from PSA. These were both crossovers from SGC.

image >>

VERY NICE!

Still waiting for my twins.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter