Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• havent posted here in quite awhile. here's my latest non T206 pickup. getting close to finishing this set.

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

I always wondered what Too Tall's auto looked like.

Thanks for sharing image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
    Turn page.

Thank you image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    How about having these three starters going for u in a three game series? image

rd

edit: P.S. (3) Newbies 4 me this week! image

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Matt

I need an Emmitt auto so anytime your ready to sell one of those babies lmk image

Dave >>

Im sure I can dig one up for ya image
  • Just got an amazing new addition to my collection. I got an Eli Marrero game worn 2006 Rockies home jersey which I have photomatched to June 4,2006! I also found another photomatched picture but the date is unknown. Nothin beats having the exact picture of the player wearing the jersey!

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of new ones. A Torry Big Game Holt auto that I finally found at the right price. Next up is to find the Kurt Warner Playoff Contenders RC Auto in a 10.

The Bulger card is now atop my stack of cards to cross-over.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Couple more:

imageimage
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    One for the up and coming Simms registry

• Don't ya just love the mailman???? LOL! Mine brought me a DVD of the 1994 All Star game and I got awesome screen-shots of Griffey wearing the helmet that I have that he wore in that All Star game

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Kyle

Where did you get the helmet? Does he have a company or use someone like ASI?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike

• << <i>Very nice Kyle

thanx for sharing
    mike >>

I got it for Christmas. I think it did come from one of those companies that have contracts with players because it came with a COA signed by Griffey and the company name was Coast To Coast Sports (www.coasttocoastsports.com). With the COA came an ad which showed the helmet along with many other Griffey game used that they had for sale
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>One for the up and coming Simms registry

image >>

That is one hell of a sharp card. Unbelievable.

<< <i>Couple more:

imageimage >>

Wow.

You have accumulated quite a few '84 D, stingray. Where are you on the set.

• << <i>

<< <i>Very nice Kyle

thanx for sharing
    mike >>

I got it for Christmas. I think it did come from one of those companies that have contracts with players because it came with a COA signed by Griffey and the company name was Coast To Coast Sports (www.coasttocoastsports.com). With the COA came an ad which showed the helmet along with many other Griffey game used that they had for sale >>

Here's the ad I was talking about. They had quite a few nice things from Griffey from the '94 All Star Game. The helmet I have is in the upper left corner"

<< <i>Don't ya just love the mailman???? LOL! Mine brought me a DVD of the 1994 All Star game and I got awesome screen-shots of Griffey wearing the helmet that I have that he wore in that All Star game

image >>

Just to play devils advocate, how do you know it is from the all-star game?? Looking at the one from the All-Star game the C appears to overlap the B, bu not on the one you have. Could just be the angle on the image??

• << <i>

<< <i>Don't ya just love the mailman???? LOL! Mine brought me a DVD of the 1994 All Star game and I got awesome screen-shots of Griffey wearing the helmet that I have that he wore in that All Star game

image >>

Just to play devils advocate, how do you know it is from the all-star game?? Looking at the one from the All-Star game the C appears to overlap the B, bu not on the one you have. Could just be the angle on the image?? >>

It came with a COA signed by Griffey for the authenticity. And yes, it is just the angle. When I first saw the DVD, I also saw a few things that looked a little different, like the number 24, which looked to be about 2-3 millimeters to the right than how my helmet was, but after watching more video of it, I realized that it was just the angle. Plus all the "ABC" logos are the same I believe, all letters being on 1 sticker, not serperately
  • Today I purchased Brandon Duckworth's cleats from his 1st major league win/1st major league game on 8/7/01. Only $60 shipped

• tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    Here is one I got last week as well, I love the action shots on these Perez steele greatest moments.........

• stown, thanks. I actually met Too Tall a couple years back at a memorabilia show.. seemed to be a very quiet guy

big mail day for me today . . more additions to my cowboys/lakers/mets auto set

Aikman buyback auto

The " Manster " Randy White

before Witten and Novacek there was Cosbie

this Barber Rc Spectrum is #'d /100

best defensive 1st baseman i ever saw play

nails !!

Dave
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Just recieved a few low-grade subs,

imageimage

imageimage
  • It might not be in great shape but i dont really care-

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • ''''
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple more...

imageimage
    Kind of a cool card-- of of only 12 PSA 10's from this entire set, with over 2200 cards graded total. If you're looking for a condition-sensitive set to put together look no further than the '74 OPC's. It may be the hardest post-1966 mainstream set from any sport to assemble in 8 or better.
    Boo

That's an incredible card! Condition sensitive? I think it's more like a one in a million card - lightning struck 4 times in the same place!

Superb
    thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike

<< <i>Boo

That's an incredible card! Condition sensitive? I think it's more like a one in a million card - lightning struck 4 times in the same place!

Superb
    thanx for sharing
    mike >>

LOL. yeah, when you consider that about 80-90% of these cards came out of the pack centered 80/20 or worse, and that all of them have rough cuts, you can see why this set is so difficult. There are still 20-40 cards that have a pop of 0 in 8 or better, and a bunch that have a pop of 2 or less. Part of that's due to the fact that this isn't a terribly popular set, but a lot of its because you just cannot find these cards in NMT-MT.
  • Boo, that is a horribly hard set to finish...and also, it seems to be really bad on the back of the cards sometimes to...real hideous spots ....

I have been building mine in high grade raw and still need about 70 cards to finish...
  • I know I posted this Howe Card when I won the auction but today I rcd it in the mail so I thought I would
    try to post the front and back for you guys....it really was a beaut and I think quite a bargain at its price of
    2500 us ........I hope this works considering I am computer illiterate???

• And here is the backside of the card....
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭
    I've always believed the '54 Howe was undervalued. It's so much more attractive than his '51 Parkie.
    Just won:

• ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know I posted this Howe Card when I won the auction but today I rcd it in the mail so I thought I would
    try to post the front and back for you guys....it really was a beaut and I think quite a bargain at its price of
    2500 us ........I hope this works considering I am computer illiterate??? >>

I know zip about hockey cards, but that Howe has always seemed about as close to perfect as a hockey card can get. Nice pickup!

• BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Well I sent my first sub in to PSA and I am pretty happy with this card. It will fit nicely into my Registry image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Just came today...

I have been looking for an affordable 7...but I couldn't pass up this 6 for the price.
  • bunker...nice card. how'ya get it?
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Great stuff from everyone as always !

These few Yankees arrived today. The 3 1978 cards were from a fellow board member and the '79 was an ebay purchase...

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

Bunker

That's one sweet card! Can't be any cleaner!

Here's what us mere mortals get!

Fantastic!
    mike
    Mike
    From the toppsvault - 81T #123 Al Cowens - pen and ink comic artwork.

I've got to find someone who has a box full of 80-81T cards - I'm gonna need some beaters since they will be put in a picture frame.

mike
    Mike
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Here is the new addition to my Maz collection.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection

<< <i>From the toppsvault - 81T #123 Al Cowens - pen and ink comic artwork.

I've got to find someone who has a box full of 80-81T cards - I'm gonna need some beaters since they will be put in a picture frame.

mike >>

Nice image
  • Bump for BigDaddy
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>From the toppsvault - 81T #123 Al Cowens - pen and ink comic artwork.

mike >>

I know what you mean. No way you're putting a near mint Al Cowens card in a picture frame!

• I just won this card for my 1976 Topps set. It upgrades my last PSA 8 so the set is all 9's and 10's. Whoo Hoo!!
  • I've never really been much of an auto collector .... but those these were really cool ..... I ended up acquiring about 50 auto'd 84 Donruss autos. They came from a Mastro Auction via a reputable dealer and have been PSA id'd. Here's a scan of some of my favorites of the bunch. Not sure what I'm going to do with them .... but they're cool!

-Tom

- Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • I'm sure this card is in this thread a time or 3 - I finally got around to adding one to my collection -

<< <i>I'm sure this card is in this thread a time or 3 - I finally got around to adding one to my collection -

image >>

I don't have it and it's a great card!

Congratulations
    mike
    Mike