Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

All,

Since there has been more interest in this set lately, I figured that we could start a thread to talk about auto's that you've found, ones you're looking for or show off recent purchases!!! Attached is a scan of the Benny Friedman that I just bought - it's a beauty!! I currently have 41% (93 cards) of the set - with only 13 graded. I just added a PSA 9 Unitas auto to the registry that I obtained in 2000 from Mr. Unitas in person. That was truly one of the moments in life that I cherish. Anyways, enough about me - I'd like to hear from all other enthusiasts!!

Regards,

Greg M.

Link to my set - Link
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Very nice Greg, must admit that I have a soft spot for Football HOF autographs. I have a whole series of Topps Jack Lambert cards autographed. All signed regular issues for Jack 1977 to 1985. By the way, love the Nitschke also, great pic!
    Jeremy
  • UllrUllr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Will PSA grade the '77 Touchdown cards?
    I was under the impression they were not a licensed release. I have never run across one slabbed.
    Any input would be welcome. Thanks
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will PSA grade the '77 Touchdown cards?
    I was under the impression they were not a licensed release. I have never run across one slabbed.
    Any input would be welcome. Thanks >>

If you look under the pop report - 11 have already been graded. You almost gave me a heart attack because that set is a good source of hard to find autos.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
    Sorry, I never look at the pop reports. image
    That does make the set that much easier.
    I'm also collecting Baseball HOF auto's and getting much beyond 50% is painfully slow and expensive.
    Good Luck
  • I've already learned something from this thread. I didn't know about the '77 touchdown cards being gradeable. I've been looking for many of my autographs from the modern "cut signature" issues. I sent in about 25 cards in my last submission. As soon as I get those back I'll start my Registry set.
    Since the '77 Touchdown cards are pre-1999, do you have to get them graded under the PSA/DNA service?
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Frank,

The Touchdown set has to be submitted under the $20 PSA/DNA service. Many of the cards I have been obtaining will have to be submitted under that service (1988/1989 Swell, 1991 ENOR, ect..). Let me know the results of your submission.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • The Touchdown set has to be submitted under the $20 PSA/DNA service

I thought soimage I have quite a few 97 Legends cards and have avoided getting them graded because of the $20 fee. I figured I would wait for a special or just look for another auto card from a newer product. I will let you know as soon as my grades pop Greg.
  • give me a couple months and i'm throwing in my hat into the hof auto registry competition . I've got some random stuff floating around, but the topps aa retired set has me hooked. I've put together a little more than a 1/3 of auto'd cards in the set so far and there are a bunch of hofers in it....i'm just not looking forward to the grading fees that will be required to build the set from scratch.

It seems like the vast majority of hof sigs are very inexpensive, should be a rewarding and not overly expensive endeavor.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Duner- many of the living HOF'ers are inexpensive. But it's the obscure ones that can get expensive. also, there are quite a few where there is not a card yet for the person. The set is going to be a lot more challenging than you think.

<< <i>The Touchdown set has to be submitted under the $20 PSA/DNA service

I thought soimage I have quite a few 97 Legends cards and have avoided getting them graded because of the $20 fee. I figured I would wait for a special or just look for another auto card from a newer product. I will let you know as soon as my grades pop Greg. >>

This may have been discussed before, but why is the cut off for PSA/DNA 1997? I seems crazy to have to pay $20 to authenticate cards from the 1997 UD Legends set - especially because it is the only certified auto for quite a few HOFers.

I have almost the entire 1997 UD Legends set - but I'm resistent to have any graded. I don't want to break up the set - where some are graded and others aren't.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
    Greg This thread may answer some questions about pre 1998 autographs.
  • Ullr- That's one isolated instance. If anything, PSA would say that all autograph cards should be graded through their PSA/DNA service to avoid a similar situation. I'm guessing that the decision was arbitrary, but I would like to hear from PSA with a more definitive answer.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I can see parts of the cut off date. One should be carefull with the 91 StarPics autos and maybe even some of the ProLine autos (some of which were on different cards than the normal issue). However, why should I have to pay more for my 1990 Donruss Sandberg Auto that is numered out of 500 (I think). Or for that matter people that have cards from the 96 LaserView Autographics set which were on different cards. These cards are "certified" by the compainies basicaly like the newer ones today. But with any guidelines there has to be some generic cut off date. Anyway, almost all of the pack obtained Autos can graded for the normal price. But the cynic in me says that with the popularity of the 96 Autographics cards they figured they could make more money off them with the cut off date of 1997.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    I just picked up 6 HOF auto cards from Jack Wallin - his e-bay id is hull9howe999 and his e-mail address is jackwallin@earthlink.net. He is a great guy and has an amazing inventory of 1975 Fleer Immortall roll and 1977 Touchdown auto'd cards.

For $260, I received nicely centered (all around at least PSA 8 condition) autographed 1977 Touchdown cards of George Connor and Red Grange and 1975 Fleer Immortal Roll cards of Dutch Clark, Cliff Battles, Mel Hein and Don Hutson. I really love this set - but I'm not looking forward to submitting 50+ cards under PSA/DNA service level ($20/card). Oh well, it will be well worth the $ spent.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Thanks for the info Greg. I'll be looking out for his auctions now.
    I recently picked up a 'Bruiser" Kinard and "Cal" Hubbard cut auto's. I'll try posting links to the auctions Bruiser Kinnard

I noticed your Benny Friedman card in your first post and was wondering who you bought the card from? It looks very similar to this one on Ebay and I was wondering if the auction was legit. The auction # is 8743636188

LMk when you get a chance Greg and congrats on your pickups.
    Frank
  • I'm getting good at this "Link" thing. here is the auction to the Hubbard Hubbard
    Frank,

Nice pickup on the Hubbard and Kinnard (very sweet card) - both are tough auto's. I picked up the Friedman from the same guy that I bought the other auto's from - Jack Wallin. It's 100% authentic and in much better shape than the one on E-Bay. Friedman is a TOUGH auto to find since he only had 2 cards that I know of (the 1955 AA and 1977 Touchdown) plus he was inducted 20+ years after he died.

Jack knows the seller on E-bay that's selling the Friedman and it's 100% legit (the autograph and placement are identical to the one I have). If you're interested, e-mail Jack and see if he has another for sale. You can get a better deal than the $300 the guy is asking on E-Bay.

Is there anything else that you have your eye on? There is a nice PSA 10 Lombardi Legendary Cuts on E-bay right now but I don't like the auto - it is cut off at the end.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • I haven't seen that Lombardi PSA 10. Can you post the auction #? I sent a Lombardi cut sig into PSA recently and am waiting for the results.
    I've emailed the seller of the Friedman twice and haven't received a response. Ironically since my emails the previous auction for the Friedman was ended and than re-posted at a higher BIN price.image
    I noticed Jack Wallin doesn't have anything on Ebay at the moment, but I will shoot him an email and see what he has in inventory.
    Frank,

Here is the link for the PSA 10 Lombardi auction: Lombardi PSA 10

Good luck w /the Lombardi that you submitted. I've never bought a Legendary Cuts auto - but they do look very cool. Jack won't have anything for auction until early next week - but you can e-mail him (I just bought a George Connor today from him for $15).

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Thanks for the link Greg. Scan is lousy though. Seller would probably garner more interest if the scan was clearer.

Here's a question for you. If I send in cards to PSA/DNA (I'm thinking of submitting my 97 Upper Deck legends autos), will they put a PSA/DNA sticker on the card itself?

<< <i>Thanks for the link Greg. Scan is lousy though. Seller would probably garner more interest if the scan was clearer.

Here's a question for you. If I send in cards to PSA/DNA (I'm thinking of submitting my 97 Upper Deck legends autos), will they put a PSA/DNA sticker on the card itself? >>

Frank,

I couldn't agree more - plus the picture is from far away - I hate when pics look like they were taken from the Hubble telescope from outer space....

Anyways, if a card is submitted under the PSA/DNA service and is slabbed, PSA does not put a PSA/DNA sticker on the card. Only the flip is labeled. I checked the Unitas that I just received back from PSA/DNA (in my set) and there is NOT a sticker.

If you want, I'm thinking of putting in a large PSA/DNA order w/ Jay Radke in mid Feb. You're welcome to submit with us - If we have enough cards, I'll try and negotiate a better rate than $20/card.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • If you want, I'm thinking of putting in a large PSA/DNA order w/ Jay Radke in mid Feb. You're welcome to submit with us - If we have enough cards, I'll try and negotiate a better rate than $20/card.

LMK, I am interested and mid-Feb also fits my timeframe (bonus time)image
  • CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    I just had a couple subs pop, so once the cards are delivered I'll be adding 3 to my set:

2000 Elite PTT Joe Montana... 9
    1999 SI Auto Anthony Munoz... 8
    1999 SI Auto Bobby Mitchell... 9

I am also waiting still for a November Special Sub that I have a few 1999 SP Signature cards in.

I have several waiting for a PSA/DNA sub too.

Also since some Heisman winners are in the HOF, I have requested a Heisman auto set be added to the registry.

my HOF set
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • I've got a set started and have about 30 in with PSA currently to be graded and slabbed. I've also got about 15-20 that will have to be sent in under the $20 PSA/DNA special. It is definitely a neat set to work on.

My Set
    I have several HOF auto's for sale (doubles that I have) that end tomorrow. 1/2 off on shipping for PSA registry members.

Regards,

Greg M.

Auctions

References:

<< <i>I've got a set started and have about 30 in with PSA currently to be graded and slabbed. I've also got about 15-20 that will have to be sent in under the $20 PSA/DNA special. It is definitely a neat set to work on.

My Set >>

Wufdude,

I've noticed your HOF auto set on the registry and I'm glad that you're actively collecting it. Just so you know, Jay Radke, Fabfrank and I plan on submitting a large PSA/DNA ($20/card) order sometime in Feb or early March. You're welcome to join us on the submission. If we get enough cards, I will negotiate a better price - which should hopefully save us all $. If you're interested, please send an e-mail to montooth13@yahoo.com. Also, let us know the grades on your current submission when they pop.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>I just had a couple subs pop, so once the cards are delivered I'll be adding 3 to my set:

2000 Elite PTT Joe Montana... 9
    1999 SI Auto Anthony Munoz... 8
    1999 SI Auto Bobby Mitchell... 9

I am also waiting still for a November Special Sub that I have a few 1999 SP Signature cards in.

I have several waiting for a PSA/DNA sub too.

Also since some Heisman winners are in the HOF, I have requested a Heisman auto set be added to the registry.

my HOF set >>

Congrats on the grades. It's funny because I was thinking of starting a Heisman auto set - which may be even more challenging than the HOF auto set!!!

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Greg...The AA Retired Edition got me thinking about the Heisman set since there are more than a few Heisman autos in that set.
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • OK, The Ledfoot is back

I'm working on 1999 upper deck epic sig's football
    1998 sp players ink football, just need a Marino

Let me know if anybody can help

• Thanks for that offer Greg. I'll shoot you an e-mail if I decide to send them in.
    Frank,

Nice pick up on the Nagurski. I was watching that one an almost bid, just couldnt make my mind up on it.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Jay,

I talked to Jack Wallin today - he said that you had e-mailed him. I just bought a 23 card lot from him for around $1500 - the list is below:

Paul E. Brown
    Jack Christiansen
    Bill Dudley
    Ray Flaherty
    Dan Fortmann
    Bill George
    George Halas
    Ed Healey
    Clarke Hinkle
    Carl Hubbard
    Lamar Hunt
    Frank "Bruiser" Kinard
    Alphonse "Tuffy" Leemans
    Sid Luckman
    Mike Michalske
    Wayne Millner
    Bronko Nagurski
    Art Rooney
    Joe Schmidt
    Ken Strong
    Joe Stydahar
    Clyde "Bulldog" Turner
    Alex Wojciechowicz

I'm cutting myself off from E-Bay for the next 3 months!!!

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Hi Greg. I did email jack and will speak to him tomorrow. I'm eager to see what he has left. I also just got an email from PSa saying one of my submissions just posted grades. Here are the grades:

1 12422345 1985 TOPPS 12 STACEY BAILEY N/A 9
    2 12422346 1985 TOPPS 35 MATT SUHEY N/A 9
    2 12422347 1985 TOPPS 35 MATT SUHEY N/A 9
    3 12422348 1985 TOPPS 41 MICHAEL DOWNS N/A 9
    4 12422349 1985 TOPPS 57 KEITH DORNEY N/A 8
    4 12422350 1985 TOPPS 57 KEITH DORNEY N/A 9
    5 12422351 1985 TOPPS 108 DAVE WILSON N/A 9OC
    6 12422352 1985 TOPPS 115 EARNEST GRAY N/A 8
    7 12422353 1985 TOPPS 126 GREG BROWN N/A 9
    8 12422354 1985 TOPPS 149 DWAINE BOARD N/A 9
    9 12422355 1985 TOPPS 151 ROGER CRAIG N/A 9
    10 12422356 1985 TOPPS 181 DARRELL GREEN N/A 8
    11 12422357 1985 TOPPS 185 ART MONK ALL PRO 8
    12 12422358 1985 TOPPS 219 ANTHONY MUNOZ ALL PRO 9
    13 12422359 1985 TOPPS 220 REGGIE WILLIAMS N/A 9
    14 12422360 1985 TOPPS 226 JOE DeLAMIELLEURE N/A 8
    15 12422361 1985 TOPPS 244 RICK KARLIS N/A 8
    16 12422362 1985 TOPPS 251 WARREN MOON N/A 9
    17 12422363 1985 TOPPS 278 BILL MAAS N/A 9
    18 12422364 1985 TOPPS 282 MARCUS ALLEN N/A 8
    19 12422365 1985 TOPPS 283 LYLE ALZADO N/A 9
    20 12422366 1985 TOPPS 299 MARC WILSON N/A 9
    21 12422367 1985 TOPPS 327 BRIAN HOLLOWAY N/A 8
    22 12422368 1985 TOPPS 339 BOBBY HUMPHERY N/A 9
    23 12422369 1985 TOPPS 346 KEN O'BRIEN N/A 9
    24 12422370 1985 TOPPS 347 MARVIN POWELL N/A 8
    25 12422371 1985 TOPPS 357 JACK LAMBERT N/A 9
    26 12422372 1985 TOPPS 360 MIKE MERRIWEATHER N/A 9
    27 12422373 1985 TOPPS 363 JOHN STALLWORTH N/A 8
    27 12422374 1985 TOPPS 363 JOHN STALLWORTH N/A 9
    28 12422375 1985 TOPPS 386 DAVID HUGHES N/A 8
    29 12422376 1995 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 1 P.HORNUNG/C.ZORICH TIME WARP SUNDAY TICKET 9
    30 12422377 1995 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 2 G.SAYERS/K.GREEN TIME WARP SUNDAY TICKET 9
    31 12422378 1995 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 3 HENDRICKS/WATTERS TIME WARP SUNDAY TICKET 10
    32 12422379 1995 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 4 S.BAUGH/B.SMITH TIME WARP SUNDAY TICKET 8
    33 12422380 1995 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 5 D.BUTKUS/M.FAULK TIME WARP SUNDAY TICKET 10
    34 12422381 1992 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 228 JIMMY SMITH N/A 10
    34 12422382 1992 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 228 JIMMY SMITH N/A 10
    34 12422383 1992 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 228 JIMMY SMITH N/A 10
    35 12422384 2003 SP AUTHENTIC MA MARCUS ALLEN SIGN OF THE TIMES-GOLD 10
    36 12422385 2003 SP AUTHENTIC KH KELLY HOLCOMB SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    37 12422386 2002 SP AUTHENTIC ST-AB AARON BROOKS SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    38 12422387 2002 SP AUTHENTIC ST-DG DAVID GARRARD SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    39 12422388 2002 SP AUTHENTIC ST-BJ BRAD JOHNSON SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    40 12422389 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTBL BYRON LEFTWICH SIGN OF THE TIMES 8
    41 12422390 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTDM DONOVAN McNABB SIGN OF THE TIMES-GOLD 8
    42 12422391 1999 SP SIGNATURE CP MIKE SINGLETARY AUTOGRAPHED 8
    43 12422392 1999 SP SIGNATURE NY DON MAYNARD AUTOGRAPHED 8
    44 12422393 1999 SP SIGNATURE EJ ED JONES AUTOGRAPHED 10
    45 12422394 1999 SPORTS ILL. CHUCK BEDNARIK AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION 8
    46 12422395 2000 U.D. LEGENDS BL BOB LILLY AUTOGRAPH 8
    47 12422396 2000 U.D. LEGENDS FB FRED BILETNIKOFF AUTOGRAPH 8
    48 12422397 2002 SP LEGENDARY CUTS LC-RB MORRIS "RED" BADGRO CUT SIGNATURE 9
    49 12422398 2000 FLEER GREATS EARL CAMPBELL AUTOGRAPHS 8
    50 12422399 2000 FLEER GREATS MEL BLOUNT AUTOGRAPHS 8
    51 12422400 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND RB RAYMOND BERRY EPIC SIGNATURES 9
    51 12422401 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND RB RAYMOND BERRY EPIC SIGNATURES 9
    52 12422402 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND MS MIKE SINGLETARY EPIC SIGNATURES 9
    53 12422403 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND PW PAUL WARFIELD EPIC SIGNATURES 10
    54 12422404 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND DF DAN FOUTS EPIC SIGNATURES 10
    55 12422405 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND LD LEN DAWSON EPIC SIGNATURES 10
    56 12422406 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND GS GALE SAYERS EPIC SIGNATURES 8
    57 12422407 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND ON OZZIE NEWSOME EPIC SIGNATURES 9
    58 12422408 2004 U.D. LEGENDS LS-HN JOHN HANNAH LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 9
    59 12422409 2004 U.D. LEGENDS LS-PK PAUL KRAUSE LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    60 12422410 2004 U.D. LEGENDS LS-CJ CHARLIE JOINER LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    61 12422411 2004 U.D. LEGENDS LS-JI JIM MARSHALL LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    62 12422412 2005 U.D. LEGENDS LS-HA HERB ADDERLEY LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    63 12422413 2005 U.D. LEGENDS LS-BB BOB BROWN LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 9
    64 12422414 2005 U.D. LEGENDS LS-WB WILLIE BROWN LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    65 12422415 2005 U.D. LEGENDS LS-TM TOM MACK LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    66 12422416 2005 U.D. LEGENDS LS-CT CHARLEY TAYLOR LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    67 12422417 2005 U.D. LEGENDS LS-JR JIM MARSHALL LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 9
    68 12422418 2005 U.D. LEGENDS LS-EC EARL CAMPBELL LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 9
    69 12422419 2003 SP AUTHENTIC AB AARON BROOKS SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    70 12422420 2003 SP AUTHENTIC JC-NB NATE BURLESON AUTH.THREADS-SINGLE 10
    71 12422421 2002 SP AUTHENTIC 93 LaDAINIAN TOMLINSON AUTOGRAPHED 10
    71 12422422 2002 SP AUTHENTIC 93 LaDAINIAN TOMLINSON AUTOGRAPHED 10
    72 12422423 2002 SP AUTHENTIC 94 JEFF GARCIA AUTOGRAPHED 9
    72 12422424 2002 SP AUTHENTIC 94 JEFF GARCIA AUTOGRAPHED 10
    73 12422425 2004 ULTRA 201 ELI MANNING LUCKY 13 8
    74 12422426 2004 ULTRA 202 PHILIP RIVERS LUCKY 13 8
    75 12422427 2004 ULTRA 204 DREW HENSON LUCKY 13 10
    76 12422428 2004 ULTRA 205 CHRIS PERRY LUCKY 13 8
    77 12422429 2004 ULTRA 207 RASHAUN WOODS LUCKY 13 9
    78 12422430 2004 ULTRA 210 KELLEN WINSLOW II LUCKY 13 8
    78 12422431 2004 ULTRA 210 KELLEN WINSLOW II LUCKY 13 8
    79 12422432 2004 ULTRA 211 STEVEN JACKSON LUCKY 13 8
    80 12422433 2004 ULTRA 212 KEVIN JONES LUCKY 13 8
    81 12422434 2004 ULTRA 213 BEN ROETHLISBERGER LUCKY 13 8
    82 12422435 2000 U.D. LEGENDS LJ-RW REGGIE WHITE LEGENDARY JERSEYS 9
    83 12422436 2004 U.D. FOUNDATIONS SF-MV MICHAEL VICK SIGNATURE FOUNDATIONS 10
    84 12422437 2004 FLEER GREATS GBABG BOB GRIESE GOLD BORDER AUTOGRAPHS 7
    85 12422438 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTCP CHAD PENNINGTON SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    86 12422439 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTGJ GREG JONES SIGN OF THE TIMES 9
    87 12422440 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTRS ROGER STAUBACH SIGN OF THE TIMES 9
    88 12422441 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTTH TRAVIS HENRY SIGN OF THE TIMES 9
    89 12422442 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTKW KELLEN WINSLOW SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    90 12422443 2004 SP AUTHENTIC SOTBP BILL PARCELLS SIGN OF THE TIMES 8

I'm psyched about the R. Badgro Cut sig getting a 9. I'm waiting for some of my other submissions to hit and than will sort through and offer the extras to the boards.
    Decent amount of 10's, but I have to check the 8's closely. I submit with the notion of getting a 10. I figure if I miss and get a 9 that's okay. LMK what you think.
    Frank

My god - what a great submission!!!! It's amazing how many auto'd cards you have. I'm still waiting for mine - I was told yesterday that it's in the final stages of grading (whatever that means). I hope to get it tomorrow or Friday - but it's mostly Marino cards with a few autographs thrown in.

Congrats on picking up the Nagurski - I love that TD card. By the way, don't worry about Jack running out of cards. For quite a few players he literally has dozens and dozens of auto'd cards. He bought something like 400 sets of the Immortal Rolls from the HOF and sent them out 8 or 10 at a time for the players to sign. He's a good guy - and his prices are fair. At the rate I'm going, I'll have a 100 card PSA/DNA order by myself!!!

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
    I just picked this up the other day - it's a tough auto to find since he died in 1992.

Regards,

Greg M.

Buck Buchanan auto

References:
  • Nice pickup on the Buchanan card. I have to refine (maybe expand) my searches to find some of these lesser known gems. I sent in quite a few more cards on 2 other submissions. I picked up a few 2005 Legends (which I'm not fond of because of the sticker autos), but sent them in and will use them as fillers till I can find that player on a hand signed card.
    For our PSA/DNA submission, I have to find a binder full of 97 legends autographs that I have. If I can't locate them, I'm sure I'll do a deal with Jack Wallin and send in those cards.
    Frank. Do you want me to send a list of the HOF auto's? I have an excel file in which I input when the player died (if applicable). I've found it to be helpful.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Greg,

You think you can shoot me that excel file? I'd like to have it as a reference. Hopefully I'll get my submission back soon. It was logged in on 12/9 and has 37 football HOF autos to add. All are modern obviously and fairly easy to obtain, however it will be nice to get them in my registry set.

Nice pick up there with the Buchanan. I didn't realize he died so soon after being elected.
    Wufdude-

Good luck on your submission. I don't think I have your e-mail. Shoot me an e-mail at montooth13@yahoo.com and I'll e-mail you the file.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
    Gregs file is extremely helpful.

I might have to take a few months away from Ebay after my December winings. I am off to a great start. Now I just have to submitt them. Glad to see that there is another $5 special. I will have to spend some free time getting a submission together. Just have to save up the money for that now instead of cards. Though as we all know if you see a card you want...thats when the itch comes back.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Frank. Do you want me to send a list of the HOF auto's? I have an excel file in which I input when the player died (if applicable). I've found it to be helpful

Yes, that would be great. My email is FFMAZZ@AOL.COM
  • Do you guys know if PSA will grade and slab autographed Enor cards? I won my first one tonight ($2.50 for Crazy Legs) and just wondering if you guys had ever sent one in.

<< <i>Do you guys know if PSA will grade and slab autographed Enor cards? I won my first one tonight ($2.50 for Crazy Legs) and just wondering if you guys had ever sent one in. >>

Wufdude,

I see there are around 80 that have already been graded - so you should have nothing to fear about PSA grading them. Nice pickup on the Hirsch - $2.50 is a steal!!

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Greg,

Thanks. How did you check that though? I looked through the football registry sets and didn't see it listed? Obviously I'm looking in the wrong place.

Also, thanks alot for the Excel file. Very helpful. Congrats on already passing the 50% mark. That's very impressive. Looking forward to seeing some scans once you get them slabbed and in your set.

<< <i>Greg,

Thanks. How did you check that though? I looked through the football registry sets and didn't see it listed? Obviously I'm looking in the wrong place.

Also, thanks alot for the Excel file. Very helpful. Congrats on already passing the 50% mark. That's very impressive. Looking forward to seeing some scans once you get them slabbed and in your set. >>

Wuf,

Just check the population report - it lists the set. Once I complete the transaction w/ the 23 cards listed earlier, I should be around 65% complete.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Gotcha....not sure why I didn't look there?

That's quite an accomplishment to hit that percentage. Are any of the ones that you'll need relatively obtainable or will it be tough to make continued progress?

<< <i>Gotcha....not sure why I didn't look there?

That's quite an accomplishment to hit that percentage. Are any of the ones that you'll need relatively obtainable or will it be tough to make continued progress? >>

Thank you. I should be able to hit around 75% to 80% before the going gets tough. I have no idea how I'll find some of the auto's. To be honest, there may be 20 to 30 hofers that would be impossible except for any legendary cuts cards. An example whould be Joe Carr or Fritz Pollard - who don't have any cards while alive that I know of. I'd love to come up with a list of impossible autographs - but I don't know if there are any obscure issues or legendary cuts that I'm unaware of.

By the way, what does everyone think of weighting the set. Should we or shouldn't we? I'd really like for everyone to come to a cosensus (sp?).

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
    Maybe the weighting should be based on the "rareness" of the autograph. There are tons of Bart Starr, Dan Marino etc auto cards out there. However, what about Georger Allen, the Mara's, Pete Rozelle etc. Those and the guys that died well before the 70s should be weighted higher. Thats just my feeling. I guess the ultimate set would be auto RC's, where many would be impossible to come by.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • I think putting a number on the "rareness" but be extremely difficult. I kinda like the idea of a non-weighted set, since, for me, the real chase is just getting the autographed card. On the same note, I don't really worry about the condition of the card. You'll see several PSA 1 cards in my Baseball HOF Auto set that were cards I sent through the mail for autographing back in the early 80s and have survived with me for that long. These cards have added value to me simply because of this.

With that said, I wouldn't be against weighting the set however, I don't want to be the one to figure the weights out! image

<< <i>Maybe the weighting should be based on the "rareness" of the autograph. There are tons of Bart Starr, Dan Marino etc auto cards out there. However, what about Georger Allen, the Mara's, Pete Rozelle etc. Those and the guys that died well before the 70s should be weighted higher. Thats just my feeling. I guess the ultimate set would be auto RC's, where many would be impossible to come by. >>

Jay,

I agree with your point - and it is exactly what I was saying before. The weighting should be based on the rarity of the autograph. Why don't we all take a crack at weighting the set - based on the excel file I sent. Does everyone want to assign a weighting and then e-mail the excel file to me? I can tally the weightings and come up with an average - which I'll post and hopefully we can agree to. Let me know if this sounds good.

Regards,

Greg M.

References: