Home Sports Talk

The official Philadelphia Eagles 2024 season thread - parade map to be included

2»

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@Mistlin said:
    I guess the Eagles should have not been partying all offseason.

Why would they have been partying off season? The collapse at the end of last year should have shamed them into working harder. I didn't see that game, but it looked from the highlights that the secondary failed again.

This team is going nowhere. They are either headed for has been territory, or think they are going to the country club every week.

Sure not looking good at this point in time.

Super Bowl winning teams, or even Super Bowl contending teams, simply don't lose games like that one yesterday. Can't refuse to accept the situation. It has turned bleak.

If there's any good news to come out of this past week, is that the NFC East may be so bad this season, that the Eagles may still win it, and at least qualify for the playoffs. Maybe sign Nick Foles again?

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2024 1:05PM

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

@Mistlin said:

Why would they have been partying off season? The collapse at the end of last year should have shamed them into working harder. I didn't see that game, but it looked from the highlights that the secondary failed again.

This team is going nowhere. They are either headed for has been territory, or think they are going to the country club every week.

Super Bowl winning teams, or even Super Bowl contending teams, simply don't lose games like that one yesterday. Can't refuse to accept the situation. It has turned bleak.

If there's any good news to come out of this past week, is that the NFC East may be so bad this season, that the Eagles may still win it, and at least qualify for the playoffs. Maybe sign Nick Foles again?

That's what has gotten my adopted team, the Bucks, to the playoffs. The rest of the division is so bad, the Bucks "fall into the playoffs." That might change this year. New Orleans looked good against Dallas playing the Cowboys at home. The game against the "Carolina Kittens" didn't count, but Dallas got my attention.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

@Mistlin said:

That's what has gotten my adopted team, the Bucks, to the playoffs. The rest of the division is so bad, the Bucks "fall into the playoffs." That might change this year. New Orleans looked good against Dallas playing the Cowboys at home. The game against the "Carolina Kittens" didn't count, but Dallas got my attention.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if a dark horse won this season's Super Bowl. A team that not many thought could win it before the season began.

Long way to go - we shall see.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

We’ve all seen teams start 1-1 or even 0-2 and turn it around. No fan base should panic yet, except maybe the Cowboys. They are in playoff form rather early.
    They remind me of the Dolphins. A team that relies on finesse and speed and gets punched in the mouth up the middle where neither speed or finesse matters

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2001 Pats started their season 1-3 and still won the SB that year.

Eagles had a good week of practice, and I'm looking for a win on Sunday.

Very nice last minute win for the Eagles today. Takes the season record to 2-1.

Saints scored 91points in their first two games. But only 12 points today. Excellent defensive effort. That being said, overall the offense has work to do.

Saquon with a lusty 147 yards rushing and two TDs in this game. Thank goodness for the superb acquisition of Saquon, or frankly the Eagles might be staring at 0-3 right now.

I don't closely follow every team and every player as some here do, and my hats off to great fans such as that.

But I would think you'd have to be hard pressed to find a better running back than Saquon Barkley right now. He has 351 yards rushing and 4 TD's, leading the league in both categories.

Frankly, without him, the Eagles might be in the running for a high draft pick next year.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barkley played very well

edited October 6, 2024 1:20PM

Very disturbing loss last week against the Bucs.

I thought since the Eagles got stomped in the playoffs last season by the Bucs, the Eagles would see this as a revenge game, and get some payback.

Instead the Eagles got crushed again.

If the Eagles can't beat the Browns at home next Sunday, they may want to consider forfeiting the rest of the season.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I thought since the Eagles got stomped in the playoffs last season by the Bucs, the Eagles would see this as a revenge game, and get some payback.

If the Eagles can't beat the Browns at home next Sunday, they may want to consider forfeiting the rest of the season.

They still don't look as bad as my Patriots so there is that lol

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

They still don't look as bad as my Patriots so there is that lol

The early line on this game was Eagles -6.5

The big boys jumped all over that line, and is now Eagles -9.5 last time i checked.

The Eagles can't possibly lose this game, can they? 🤔😨

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

if Cleveland beats Philly in Philly this coming weekend, i think stevek should be forced to take mistlin to dinner, and he can't order alcohol

but i want it to play out like the Seinfeld episode where Bania gives Jerry an Armani suit in exchange for a meal, but when they get to the restaurant Bania says he's not hungry and is only getting soup.......and he'll save the meal for another time

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    if Cleveland beats Philly in Philly this coming weekend, i think stevek should be forced to take mistlin to dinner, and he can't order alcohol

but i want it to play out like the Seinfeld episode where Bania gives Jerry an Armani suit in exchange for a meal, but when they get to the restaurant Bania says he's not hungry and is only getting soup.......and he'll save the meal for another time

Could I instead choose a day in a North Korea prisoner of war camp? 😆