Home Sports Talk

The official Philadelphia Eagles 2024 season thread - parade map to be included

stevekstevek Posts: 28,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

The parade route has not been fully determined as of yet. I’ll include an informative map and parade times right after the Super Bowl ends. So please remain patient.

Comments

• That's a long walk from Brazil.

I don't know whether to take the high road or the low road, so I'll take whichever road leads to Rome.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Eagles to win this upcoming game in Brazil. They started strong last season, and will be anxious to get the monkey off their back with an opening day win, after that fiasco finish last season.

How playing in Brazil factors into the equation I have no idea. I'd say bring plenty of bottled water and prepared food might be helpful, in order to prevent any possible bacterial illness.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo!...What a terrible hype video.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo………. The collapse 2024 style begins.
    Yo that video sucks! 🤮

@countdouglas said:
    Yo!...What a terrible hype video.

That's an Academy Award winning video. 😎

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Read a story that GB may not be able to wear their solid green jersey. Apparently it is a Brazilian gang color.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Read a story that GB may not be able to wear their solid green jersey. Apparently it is a Brazilian gang color.

Wow, that a weird one. 🤔

Are they gonna have to quickly shop in some Brazil clothing store to find jerseys?

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Wow, that a weird one. 🤔

Are they gonna have to quickly shop in some Brazil clothing store to find jerseys?

If not, there's got to be a flea market there selling bootleg jerseys. I bet the Jordan Lowe jersey is the best seller just ahead of the Aaron Rogers

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

isnt the flag of brazil green and yellow?

Always good to get an opening game win under your belt. Wasn't all that pretty at times, but I'll take it. 👍

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot. Please forgive me for being so rude. Thank you New York Giants for giving us Saquon Barkley. Count 'em Giants fans, three touchdowns tonight for Saquon. 😆

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice win Steve

Being honest I was rooting for the Packers but congrats on the opening night Win

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Eagles win. I have to say I’m surprised. I figured this year would like the end of last year with the secondary playing like a mediocre high school team.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

Go Birds

I wish I would have seen this 2024 Eagles hype video before the "YO!" monstrosity, because I would have posted this instead.

Madonna > Taylor Swift, for sure!
    https://youtu.be/APB5pFRZrTg?si=9nF2TGTnl9oVNqxE

I have a strange craving for a Pepsi...

Do you think Trouty will make an appearance Monday night?

@countdouglas said:
    I wish I would have seen this 2024 Eagles hype video before the "YO!" monstrosity, because I would have posted this instead.

Madonna > Taylor Swift, for sure!

Perhaps the two videos you posted brought the Eagles some good luck.

Hey, i'll take all the fictional good luck charms I can get. 😂

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

stevek at Lincoln Financial.

@MCMLVTopps said:
    stevek at Lincoln Financial.

Silly me I used permanent paint. 😎

I like the Eagles to win this upcoming Monday night game against the Falcons.

However they cannot make the same mistakes that were made against the Packers.

I wanna see Saquon Barkley go wild tonight.

Hurts get off to a good start and maybe ice this one early.

Meanwhile the Giants are considering a name change to New York Midgets. 😆

In any event, even if the Eagles lose tonight, it's always a good week when the Cowboys get blown out. 😆

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

PLAYOFFS ?.......playoffs ???????

Well, it's a start, we'll see.

Eagles should smash Atlanta

Fan at Eagles game.. Hey it’s Mike Trout, what’s up dude?

Trout…. Well now that the stinkin’ baseball season is over I’m free to go to the eagles games

Fan…. Baseball season isn’t over

Trout… it’s not, well I don’t keep up with baseball much anymore

Fan… yeah about 2 weeks or so left

Trout… oh cool, hey do you know if I still play for the Angels?

Fan…. oooooookay, see you around Mike

Okay I'm settled in ready to go.

I didn't even refill my prescription of nitroglycerine pills. I sure hope that sometime during the game, it doesn't come to the point whereby I wish I had the full bottle handy. 💊

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2024 6:58PM

steve i did not like the decision to forgo the sure 3 on the first drive. the little voice in my head said that may come back to haunt them

and me :s

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Hahahaha!
    🥳😂🍺☝️

The Eagles collapse starts early this year!

Good call galaxy, coach Sirianni has something against taking an early lead. 😂😂

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Eagles should smash Atlanta

A lot of crazy results this weekend including tonight.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Stevie started a Chiefs collapse thread…
    Then his Eagles choked a sure win….
    Now Stevie keeps seeing red….
    As he pounds down a bottle of gin

Isn’t it ironic
    Don’t ya think?

Can someone please explain to this man what just happened, he looks a bit confused?
    Perhaps Steve could fill him in.

Eagles had a 97.6 % chance of winning…… Saquon Barkley, coach blockhead and the entire Philly defense says wait a minute here, we can change those odds in about 1 minute.

Hey Steve did you happen to catch the Eagles- Falcons game?

If anyone thought I was going to take the high road after all the crap Steve posted about the Chiefs, you might want to think again. 🥳🍺

Sirianni should have been fired after last season, he’s just in over his head. Not smart enough to be a head coach, lets his emotions rule his decision making.

Tough beat. 😬

Oh well, what else is new? ☹️

@galaxy27 said:
    steve i did not like the decision to forgo the sure 3 on the first drive. the little voice in my head said that may come back to haunt them

and me :s

Terrible call, and it was obvious at the time.

Completely agree, those calls do come back to haunt you, including getting coaches fired.

@Darin said:
    Sirianni should have been fired after last season, he’s just in over his head. Not smart enough to be a head coach, lets his emotions rule his decision making.

I don't disagree with ya. Especially with all the ridiculous penalties. That's on the head coach.

Perhaps the sloppiest Eagles game I've ever seen.

@Darin said:
    If anyone thought I was going to take the high road after all the crap Steve posted about the Chiefs, you might want to think again. 🥳🍺

Good zingers. Well deserved, I admit it. 😉

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before we start the blame game. The Eagles call a play to win the game with their best player and he drops an easy pass. Ok no problem. The defense has been good all night. Then in the last minute they forgot how to play defense.
    I don’t think it’s all on the head coach but the whole team gave that game away

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2024 7:22AM

@2dueces said:
    Before we start the blame game. The Eagles call a play to win the game with their best player and he drops an easy pass. Ok no problem. The defense has been good all night. Then in the last minute they forgot how to play defense.

Oops wrong thread lol. 😂
    Check your PM

@Darin said:
    Can someone please explain to this man what just happened, he looks a bit confused?

He is a complete idiot

Just another idiot HC outsmarting himself

@2dueces said:

No, they shouldn't have needed Barkley to catch that easiest pass in the world had they taken 3 points when they should

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

He is a complete idiot

Just another idiot HC outsmarting himself

I had high hopes for Sirianni.

Now it's low hopes.

@2dueces said:

Not taking the easy 3 early in the game was perhaps one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen, and it was so unnecessary.

I can see, of course, depending on the score and momentum of the game, doing something like that in say the 4th quarter. No problem at all. But that call at that time was simply insane.

• Eagles Apologists: We will learn from this.

Actual Iggles Fan: Off With His Head! :D

I don't know whether to take the high road or the low road, so I'll take whichever road leads to Rome.

• MistlinMistlin Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2024 10:42AM

I guess the Eagles should have not been partying all offseason.

I do not have time for ignorant trolls.
    ignore list: 1948_Swell_Robinson, Darin, bgr, bronco2078, dallasactuary

@Mistlin said:

The Chiefs must have invited Nick Sirianni to their parties.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:

Why would they have been partying off season? The collapse at the end of last year should have shamed them into working harder. I didn't see that game, but it looked from the highlights that the secondary failed again.

This team is going nowhere. They are either headed for has been territory, or think they are going to the country club every week.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?