Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only 1 left.

• NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭

On page two of Dan’s website, he only has two of the Amazonian Assay Dollars left‼️

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2024 9:35AM

@PipestonePete said:
    Only 1 left.

Antiqued/matte is gone.

But some Brilliant finish still available.

Also, 1792 mintage is final: http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_63.htm

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Antiqued/Matte is an attractive finish and really does look like a circulated Flowing Hair Dollar.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

And, only 44 of the Antiqued/Matte finish were produced.

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭

Today I ordered my Amazonian Assay Office, 2024 Silver $, Brilliant-Satin High-Grade coin. I guess it went unavailable and said out of stock once I checked out. Does that mean it’s sold out? I was happy to get one of these as they are terrific looking coins if you ask me.

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

You likely got the last one. Congrats! TC

@TopcatCoin said:
    You likely got the last one. Congrats! TC

Thanks

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also mine :D

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Same here

If anyone still needs an Amazonian Assay Dollar, there’s one pretty reasonable priced here on US Coins buy,sell,trade‼️

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered 2 pcs of the 1792 Flowing Hair Dollar over-strike Antiqued/Matte Finish on July 5th,,,,,, shipped today July 8th,,,,,

Fastest shipping ever,,,,,,, WAY to go DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrandAm :)
  • TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

Gone.

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    Just in

Better than the photos I just took...yeah what he has. Awesome photos!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

My two arrived safely. Did not have a tracking numbers just said shipped.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2024 6:36AM

New Stuff…….. all the bars are gone……some one said they sold out 11 minutes ‼️😱😱😱after he saw them at 6:15.( I didn’t have enuf money to buy the bars anyway)
    Quarters still there, I got some of those.‼️👍

I would have like one of the bars.

My internet was down,dang

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some new items up now, I missed the bars as well.

Many happy BST transactions
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

The bars sound amazing. If anyone here snagged one and wants to trade it with me (I have some rare Dan Carr stuff): let me know.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, sorry about missing out on them as well as I have a rather nice accumulation of bars from a few years ago....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2024 4:43AM

Love seeing a classic 1964D in a PCGS holder !

edited July 24, 2024 9:49PM

There’s not a better way, Bullsitter,( if you can wait until the next coin show to pick them up , you save postage both ways). Postage can really get expensive, free shipping is always the best‼️‼️👍👀🎯
    P.S. Sent your check today‼️👍👍👍
    Thanks,
    You’re the best‼️‼️‼️🎯🎯🎯🎯👍👍

I found dropping them off at the show is a good deal, but my last submission I did mail.
    I went to the show and no ANACS rep, although it was advertised that a rep would be there.
    The rep may have been on vacation.

Yes, Twobitcollector, I’ve had that happen to me too, usually the rep has something come up, and can’t make the show,and the people hosting the show don’t get that information out fast enough to save us from bringing our pieces. Most of the time ANACS doesn’t have a “back up” rep.
    I asked my reg local representative for his personal phone number, so I can call him now before the show to make sure he’ll be there .👍

@Nickpatton said:
    Yes, Twobitcollector, I’ve had that happen to me too, usually the rep has something come up, and can’t make the show,and the people hosting the show don’t get that information out fast enough to save us from bringing our pieces. Most of the time ANACS doesn’t have a “back up” rep.
    I asked my reg local representative for his personal phone number, so I can call him now before the show to make sure he’ll be there .👍

I hope the rep shows up this Sunday, if not I'll give ICG a shot.

@Burnie said:
    Thanks for the 1793 coin Dan! Also, I love all the stamps on the package!!

Just to be clear....that is a 1792.

• BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭

Hahaha. Fat finger's. Yes 1792

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580

I just called ANACS to check on my 5 day submission.
    Well I was told that Moonlight Mint/Dan Car Items fall under the "NON U.S. Mint Coins" NOW. Oh well I'll have to find another company to grade and slab them.
    Good thing I didn't send in the group I have ready .

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector doesn't anacs slab other coins as well? I thought that anacs and @dcarr had an understanding of some sort. 🤔

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    Well I was told that Moonlight Mint/Dan Car Items fall under the "NON U.S. Mint Coins" NOW. Oh well I'll have to find another company to grade and slab them.

So I take it that means they want to charge a higher fee to grade them!

GrandAm :)
  • Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 36 ✭✭✭

I was told that Moonlight Mint/Dan Car Items fall under the "NON U.S. Mint Coins" NOW

Wasn't that always the case? That's what I always use.

@Alpha2814 said:

I was told that Moonlight Mint/Dan Car Items fall under the "NON U.S. Mint Coins" NOW

Wasn't that always the case? That's what I always use.

Many time I have submitted under their specials, 10 for $139. now 10 for $140. and never had any problems.
    This time I just sent in one for 5 day turnaround, and was wondering why it hadn't processed yet.
    Oh welll I learned a lesson, no more quickies :'(

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector This is from MM website
    "Services and fees for this program fall under the ANACS tokens and medals submission guidelines. When filling out ANACS submission forms, it is advisable to write “Use Moonlight Mint Label(s)” and/or “Use Clark Gruber Label(s)” on the form, whichever applies."
    Maybe you didn't choose the right category?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:

I have always submitted under the ANACS Category labeled "Non US Mint Coins". That pretty much defines which category applies to Moonlight Mint coins and medals. Are they US Mint coins? No. Are they non US Mint coins? yes.

You do not need to send your Moonlight Mint products elsewhere. ANACS will take them under the non US Mint category, grade them and label them with either the Moonlight Mint label or the Clark Gruber label, depending on the nature of Dan's coin/medal.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

@Twobitcollector said:
    I just ordered one of these...sellers image.
    11th So-Called Dollar Fellowship Gathering “Silver Gold-Plated” Medal struck by Daniel Carr

Where can you order something like that?

@cheezhed said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    I just ordered one of these...sellers image.
    11th So-Called Dollar Fellowship Gathering “Silver Gold-Plated” Medal struck by Daniel Carr

Where can you order something like that?

www.So-CalledDollar.com

• felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, @Twobitcollector I ordered one. And three others, because I couldn't help myself.

A great experience for sure Nick!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file