Options

Dan Carrs latest

1210211212213214216»

Comments

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 339 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2024 6:57PM

Saw this over on the USMINT website today‼️

Back in March, when Jeff Shelvin had his 11th Gathering at Moonlight Mint, we went on a “field trip “ to the Denver Mint, and the Director of the Mint came out to greet us at the end of the tour, and she talked a while about the mint, and she said she was going to share a secret that the public didn’t know, and told us that day back in March that the Mint was planning on making a Flowing Hair commemorative .
    When we got back to Dan’s Moonlight Mint, I saw Dan and told him what the mint director said, then I said,” Good thing she doesn’t know that you (Dan),already beat the Mint on it‼️‼️‼️👍🎯
    She didn’t say it was gonna be made out of gold‼️

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

When we got back to Dan’s Moonlight Mint, I saw Dan and told him what the mint director said, then I said,” Good thing she doesn’t know that you (Dan),already beat the Mint on it‼️‼️‼️👍🎯
    She didn’t say it was gonna be made out of gold‼️

I like Dan's 1792/1793 dates better than the 2024 used by the Mint.... B)

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

...She didn’t say it was gonna be made out of gold‼️

There's a silver version too:

https://catalog.usmint.gov/230th-anniversary-flowing-hair-silver-medal-24YH.html

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 339 ✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

...She didn’t say it was gonna be made out of gold‼️

There's a silver version too:

https://catalog.usmint.gov/230th-anniversary-flowing-hair-silver-medal-24YH.html

Thanks, I didn’t see that.
    Bet Dan’s are nicer…….. wish the USMINT put pics of them up‼️

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. The gold one is a COIN, while the silver one is a MEDAL. Legislative semantics are important for them. I have been waiting for them to open up subscriptions ever since it was announced last year. Some are question whether it will come to pass with the volatility of the metals prices and potential supply issues.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent these back to get the labels corrected, I sent them in with some Moonlight Mint items.
    Oh, by the way these are Intaglio mint items.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file