Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2024 12:17AM

Many new Dan Carr items just listed,,,,, silver bars.

GrandAm :)
  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

Yes, lots of unique pieces for DC ingot collectors. Good luck to all.

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

Grabbed a couple. Thanks!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    Didn't expect to ever find one of these. Created by DC for a distributor. It will get into a ANACS slab asap.

That is a dandy! I would keep it in the ICG slab, but, to each their own.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    Didn't expect to ever find one of these. Created by DC for a distributor. It will get into a ANACS slab asap.

I bid on that, but not aggressively. I'm happy to know that you were the high bidder.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

Thanks @SPalladino I didn't think it would stay that low. I had more to give but not needed (thanks to you :smile: )

@oih82w8 I will give it some thought. All my DC's are in ANACS. This will be an odd ball for sure.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is up with the huge slew of bars on his site? Seems a huge bite...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

The latest offerings are interesting but a bit too expensive and esoteric for me. The way I'm looking at mintage figures most of the bars are basically unique?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    With the recent posts on the Moonlight Mint 1970 and 1975 Ikes, I sure hope that Daniel gets around to the 1979 Ike! I recall him mentioning that he was likely done with the Peace $ series after the 1929-S, 1930-D, 1932-D, and 1933-S, but that he was considering a 1979 for the Ike series. I can only wish and wait. Die pair 6 please.

I want a 1968 Ike.

@cheezhed said:
    The latest offerings are interesting but a bit too expensive and esoteric for me. The way I'm looking at mintage figures most of the bars are basically unique?

That's my understanding as well. I did grab a couple and wish they were cheaper so I could grab more. My Carr habit is getting expensive! If I am reading everything correctly, he's got a bunch more he's holding onto for now.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

I am an idiot! Just received my latest package from Dan which included a 10oz silver bar. I also picked up the quarters he has up for a while. When opening i immediately pulled the coins out and started dumping out the packing peanuts and of course that bar slide right out and straight into the garbage can. I was able to safely recover the bar.

My question. Does Dan send the paper insert like he does with coins for bars? I couldn't find anything but there was some nasty I wasn't willing to dig through looking.

@jshaulis said:
    I am an idiot! Just received my latest package from Dan which included a 10oz silver bar. I also picked up the quarters he has up for a while. When opening i immediately pulled the coins out and started dumping out the packing peanuts and of course that bar slide right out and straight into the garbage can. I was able to safely recover the bar.

My question. Does Dan send the paper insert like he does with coins for bars? I couldn't find anything but there was some nasty I wasn't willing to dig through looking.

Pic of the victim

• BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:

Same thing happened to me!

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

He sent them in a wax coated envelope, and the regular white cardboard “sticky “ half folded like for coins, and mine made it ok‼️‼️👍🎯

edited August 28, 2024 2:49PM

@Nickpatton said:
    He sent them in a wax coated envelope, and the regular white cardboard “sticky “ half folded like for coins, and mine made it ok‼️‼️👍🎯

I don't believe my bar came in the "sticky" cardboard as I feel like I would have seen that. The coins did come in the sticky cardboard which was very easy to find and pull out. I dug around and needed to get some of the peanuts out of the way. When I got it out of the trash it was just the bar.

Was there an paper insert or not for the bars?

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2024 5:22PM

No paper insert (COA), the info is on the bar.

@Bullsitter said:
    No paper insert, the info is on the bar.

👍 awesome, thanks!

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we are giving requests to Dan I would like 1958 Morgan and Peace Dollars,,,,,,, heck I'll shoot for the moon, I would also like a 1958 IKE Dollar.
    My birth year.

GrandAm :)
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all for a seated liberty by the sea or maybe by the train station :)

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Perfect place for it to end up @felinfoel Congrats.

@felinfoel said:

@Akbeez said:
    Someone scored this bad boy tonight on MM site. Not me — fess up!

I got lucky with my timing, have missed out on a few cool things lately.

I'm going to replace my avatar with this one once it arrives :)

That's a really nice one!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:

Count me in. Love the Trade Dollar design as-is. And I'd suggest 1872-CC for a fantasy overstrike.

Also, I wouldn't mind if it's overstruck on a Morgan or Peace dollar -- as long as it's more affordable than Dan's 1886-O Trade Dollar.

And make a bunch of varieties... antiqued, circulated, off-center, you-name-it.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2024 5:35PM

ALWAYS Love Me Some Carr Art !!!

I haven't bought anything lately, but I did scale down my US MINT PEACE & MORGAN sand blasted damaged die proofs in anticipation of some unforeseen House of Carr spontaneous mystery offer. Not really into thoughtful Carr previously issued bar art, but fantasy errors get me interested.

@Twobitcollector said:

I'll be darned... from So Called Dollar HK-58 1876 Centennial Seated Liberty / American Colonies SCD

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
    edited August 31, 2024 12:07PM

How I displayed my 10 oz. bar.
    I found in my box of stuff a Floating Coin Display Frame, added a bar capsule to stabilize it and there you have it.

• Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 30 ✭✭✭

The 1oz SLQ Centennial at $52 stood out as a big winner.

...For the buyer. Those centennial hammer prices were a bit of a shocker (the nickel one did okay though).

I missed them this week and I have it saved on greatcollections Oh well...game on!

edited September 2, 2024 10:10AM

Love me some Carr Art !!!

Brought everything home to figure out what's up.

Is there some thinning of the heard ahead ?

• NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

L👀Ks like you might have a few extras…… keep tha best…..sell tha rest ‼️👍👍🎯🎯

@pcgscacgold said:
    Looks like people got some really nice DC items on the cheap last night at GC. I only bid on a couple but they would have been back ups so I didn't do much. Congrats to those that won last night. Enjoy the newps.

Those were not the only items on Great Collections that went for softer then expected bids last night.
    Sunday night on Labor Day weekend may not the best for sellers/consignors. ...but good for the bargain hunters.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    edited September 2, 2024 10:43AM

@Mr Lindy said:

Wow! There's some organizational work ahead.

I hope so.....message me when you do! ;)
    Looks like dinner was good as well! yum!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

@Mr Lindy said:

I see one or two in the back that I need :D

Do enjoy the visit with them

• More silver art bars are now available.

@TopcatCoin said:
    More silver art bars are now available.

Just came to post this as well! Dan needs slow down...I'm broke already!

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, I am still trying to figure out why he is doing all of these - and this comes from a great fan...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

@dcarr said:

@7Jaguars said:
    Ah, I am still trying to figure out why he is doing all of these - and this comes from a great fan...

Because I like vintage-style silver ingots.
    But I will get back to more typical offerings in the coming weeks.

The 1970's-1990's time frame was a wild time for silver. So many ups and downs. There are some pretty neat silver bars from that time period. I came across some while I was researching your new offerings. Sadly, I only have one 10oz from that time period. It is a beautiful, rainbow toned, Engelhard P-series loaf. My dad bought it in 1982. Still have the receipt and the canvas bag it was sold in.

• D808LFD808LF Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Dan, don't know if you've already addressed this,...my 2024 CG Half Eagle shows "7.78 grams" on the coin's reverse, however, on the reverse of the flip you wrote "8.05 grams". What gives? Thx.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file