1209210211212213215»

Comments

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭

@alefzero said:

@robec said:
    New items listed on website - Bulk- handled Morgan and Peace Dollars

https://www.dc-coin.com/index.aspx?page=2

I was able to snag 2 of the last one to sell out. Missed the other 5.

My understanding is that they are just ones that are not high enough quality, so they are artificially circulated. Still cool and usually low pops.

SPallidino is correct,because they aren’t as high a quality that Dan likes…. Usually no MS70-69’s.
    But Alefzero is correct too, because sometimes ,( not all the time), Dan will use “bulk handled” to make some circulated pieces .

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

My goodies came quick this time !

I really love sourcing CARR Art direct !!!

I Love doing a little bit to support The House, The Moonlight Mint !!!

While Carr & Company support my Exonumia Desires, I have no clue I needed this, that,or the other till I saw what's up, THEN The clock is ticking...

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is @Paradisefound found still here?? Old friend asking 😃
    Pm pls

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:
    Man every time I open this thread it costs me hundreds of dollars. I am working on an 06 mint set so I had to get the 06-D Morgan.

Yeah I just dropped a grand on the latest slew of silver dollars. Took a lot of willpower not to buy double or triple that amount.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

@robec said:
    Four more Peace dollars to add to the growing hoard.

Fantastic images!!!

With these four new offerings, my Peace dollar collection now has more DC / Moonlight Mint Peace pieces (25, not counting duplicates) than original US Mint date/MM examples (24).

🤣 I’m right there with you.

• Options

Great grades………. Glad they turned out that good ‼️‼️👍👍👍

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got a Full House, Steve...... B).....nice grades.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Grades back from an ANACS submission. Thank you to @Nickpatton for selling me the MS69 DCAM Amazonian Assay Office (mintage 16 with proof-like finish). And thank you to Dan for the wonderful creations!

Great grade on the Amazonian PL. @Nickpatton sold me one as well. Thank you again Nick!

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Grades back from an ANACS submission. Thank you to @Nickpatton for selling me the MS69 DCAM Amazonian Assay Office (mintage 16 with proof-like finish). And thank you to Dan for the wonderful creations!

What is the "HC" in the superlative column?

• Options

@TorinoCobra71 said:

@SPalladino said:

I believe it’s DCAM……. Deep Cameo ‼️👍

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2024 9:17AM

@TorinoCobra71 said:

@SPalladino said:

I believe ANACS uses Heavy Cameo.

I just looked it up...

DCAM - Heavy Cameo - Contrast - Proof Coins and SMS Coins

https://anacs.com/faqs/

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

@TorinoCobra71 said:

@SPalladino said:

I believe ANACS uses Heavy Cameo.

I just looked it up...

DCAM - Heavy Cameo - Contrast - Proof Coins and SMS Coins

https://anacs.com/faqs/

HC is the superlative on the grade report, DCAM is the designation on the label.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

Unboxing video for the Flowing Hair and Amazonian Assay Office submission: https://youtu.be/vGFNWohoGao

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of all these DC pieces, is there a way to know which ones are 1/0?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    Out of all these DC pieces, is there a way to know which ones are 1/0?

Not sure that I understand - assuming that you mean graded populations, as in top pop / none higher?

If so, the ANACS graded pieces can be found in the pop report -> USA -> Token -> Patterns MS (or Patterns proof) -> date -> MM

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 21 ✭✭

...ANACS graded pieces can be found in the pop report...

Take these numbers with a grain of salt. ANACS is not very consistent with their categorizations -- some types are lumped together while others are split. I'm betting they're also susceptible to crack-and-resubmit in hopes of an upgrade.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    So if I'm doing this data pull correctly and reading this data correctly, not only is this Red 08-S-VDB Over Struck on a 44 w/rim clip top pop 1/0 for this grade, it's the only one for the series? If I'm using the right terminology. Is that correct?

It is a pop 1/0 for the 1908-S-VDB Over Struck on a 44 w/rim clip because Dan's production notes verifies it as so.
    The ANACS report suggests that of the 231 high grade 1908-S VDB pieces that Dan produced, apparently only one has been submitted.
    And, the ANACS report suggests that of the 226 bag handled / antiqued 1908-S VDB pieces that Dan produced, apparently only 27 have been submitted, all grading out at 58.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@Alpha2814 said:

...ANACS graded pieces can be found in the pop report...

Take these numbers with a grain of salt. ANACS is not very consistent with their categorizations -- some types are lumped together while others are split. I'm betting they're also susceptible to crack-and-resubmit in hopes of an upgrade.

Agreed. But then one can make a strong case that all population reports, from any TPG, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2024 12:28PM

@SPalladino said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    So if I'm doing this data pull correctly and reading this data correctly, not only is this Red 08-S-VDB Over Struck on a 44 w/rim clip top pop 1/0 for this grade, it's the only one for the series? If I'm using the right terminology. Is that correct?

Where did you get these numbers?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@SPalladino said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Where did you get these numbers?

In your own post of Dan's production notes. However, the one you posted appears to be old, meaning that I erred. It should be:

The ANACS report suggests that of the 353 high grade 1908-S VDB pieces that Dan produced, apparently only one has been submitted.
    And, the ANACS report suggests that of the 226 bag handled / antiqued 1908-S VDB pieces that Dan produced, apparently only 27 have been submitted, all grading out at 58.

Source: http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_20.htm

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

Jeezzzzz! I totally missed these small numbers! Sorry! Thanks!! 👍

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Grades are in, both graded 69, very pleased with the grades.
    Huge shout out to Robec, he provided me with all the needed submission info... :)

Well, there goes my Pop 1/0 on the Matte! :'( Seriously, Congratulations on 2 great scores. I only passed on to you the info @philographer passed on to me. It looks like they had a tough time photographing the Matte.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those would always have a loving home in my Carr Archive !!!

Just say'n, in case you ever desire to rehome them Chief ?

I've never submitted a thing to PCGS. Own their slabbed products, but, through the hands and efforts of others.

Lindy in Colorado

@Bullsitter said:
    Grades are in, both graded 69, very pleased with the grades.
    Huge shout out to Robec, he provided me with all the needed submission info... :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file