Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2024 5:19PM

Very nice @crazyhounddog and @oih82w8!

Those are classic pieces from Dan!

edited May 4, 2024 5:20PM

An interesting thing I noticed is that the octagon Lesher's seem to be much harder to find now. Anyone else notice that?

@COCollector said:

@Zoins said:
    An interesting thing I noticed is that the octagon Lesher's seem to be much harder to find now. Anyone else notice that?

You're referring to the octagon Lesher dollars Dan produced 2014 - 2017? Very cool pieces, so I'm not surprised they're hard to find.

Happily, I've got one -- a 2017 Type 4 (mintage 91)...

As you probably know, Dan also produced MANY more of these with personalized imprints. I'm guessing those are likely to stay buried in personal collections, further reducing the likelihood of finding one in the aftermarket.

That's a great one! It's nicely paired with the California So-Called Dollar slug reverse. I think that die was first used with Jeff Shevlin's 2016 So-Called Dollar Fellowship medals.

@Bullsitter said:
    I was lucky and found this one on Ebay. Sending it to ANACS soon, only 3 made.

Awesome piece! Do you recall the seller?

I'm curious if it is a known collector, such as one of the 3 Amigos :)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@Bullsitter said:

Not a known collector. This was his only DC piece.

edited May 5, 2024 5:26AM

@Bullsitter said:

@Zoins said:

@Bullsitter said:

Not a known collector. This was his only DC piece.

Good to know.

I think it's worth keeping track of early Dan collector provenances, such as done by Zerbe for Lesher Dollars as seen here. It would be great if there was some way to do this for the early days of collecting Dan's pieces.

https://numismatics.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/Zerbe-The-Leshers-of-Referendum-Pieces-AJN-1917.pdf

I've picked up many pieces directly from Dan, but have picked up some from others including yourself and Terry, one of the 3 Amigos.

From Terry:

From Dan (years after minting):

From Benny:

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! The MMOH piece using the Carson City sesquicentennial die overstruck on an 1890-CC Morgan is incredible!!
    I have a MMOH Ike that was overstruck using the Carson City sesquicentennial die, forms a nice bridge in my collection of Ikes, CC silver dollars, and DC/MM items. But that 1890-CC Morgan??? WOW!!!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
    edited May 5, 2024 10:44AM

@SPalladino said:
    WOW! The MMOH piece using the Carson City sesquicentennial die overstruck on an 1890-CC Morgan is incredible!!
    I have a MMOH Ike that was overstruck using the Carson City sesquicentennial die, forms a nice bridge in my collection of Ikes, CC silver dollars, and DC/MM items. But that 1890-CC Morgan??? WOW!!!

Thanks Steve!

The 2020 CC Sesquicentennial O/S 1890-CC Morgan amazing coin! I love the look of it too. I would have loved to have made it myself but think it's even more special with Terry's pedigree! Definitely a great fit for a CC silver dollar collection!

• NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭

‼️
    👀‼️

Northeast Numi has this one listed..... B)

The “Who” ……Magic Bus……….. I want, I want it, I want it………….( You can’t have it)‼️‼️‼️

• Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2024 8:15AM

@Bullsitter said:
    Northeast Numi has this one listed..... B)

Another one? They had one last month (MS70) and with a mintage of only 16 (per Dan's site) it's surprising to see one again so soon.

Edit to add: That earlier MS70 is cert #7482171, only 2 higher than this one, so did someone buy at least 2 (maybe 3) of the 16 and submit at the same time?

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

In todays mail

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

New items listed on website - Bulk- handled Morgan and Peace Dollars

https://www.dc-coin.com/index.aspx?page=2

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

All gone.

Many happy BST transactions

@cheezhed said:

@robec said:

All gone.

Well that didn’t take long. I only found out last night.

edited May 15, 2024 12:20PM

Wow, miss it by a couple of hours, and they’re gone‼️‼️‼️😱😱😱😱😱looks like all gone in 3 minutes ‼️

• Would someone please explain what bulk-handled finish means exactly, no image available for either.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2024 12:48PM

@Chattermonkey said:
    Would someone please explain what bulk-handled finish means exactly, no image available for either.

I would imagine that these are products that are not good enough for the high grade versions, but worth more than being recycled.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2024 2:34PM

I usually ignore outlandish coin offers on ebay, but this one made me look further as I have two unburnt examples.

Fleabay seller's mintage claim is goofy too...

If it were true I'd have $15,000 times two & "worth ten times that" thus a cool $300,000 minus fees and taxes due.

"In the future, this coin is going to be worth 10 times that of what I'm asking."
    $150K? Define "future". :D

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    edited May 15, 2024 2:14PM

Oh & Many Thanks for these Lovely Depression Era Peace Bucks and Equally Lovely Morgans Daniel !!!

Arrived for my siggy today 10 minutes before the well forecasted hail.

Stacking Fantasies...

Happy Shopping !!!

edited May 15, 2024 2:09PM

@Chattermonkey said:
    Would someone please explain what bulk-handled finish means exactly, no image available for either.

IIRC, Dan bag handles these, instead of "off the press and into a flip". From the perspective of ANACS, it typically means MS 63-65, instead of 69-70.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

@Mr Lindy said:
    Oh & Many Thanks for these Lovely Depression Era Peace Bucks and Equally Lovely Morgans Daniel !!!

Excellent batch! I did a similar order. They are still in the post-office pinball machine. Your post leaves me eagerly awaiting.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • darth_morgandarth_morgan Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭

1905-S and 1906-D arrived safe and sound.....

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

I was able to snag 2 of the last one to sell out. Missed the other 5.

My understanding is that they are just ones that are not high enough quality, so they are artificially circulated. Still cool and usually low pops.

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

My order arrived safe as well but dang the prior photos put mine to shame.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

@alefzero said:

@robec said:

I was able to snag 2 of the last one to sell out. Missed the other 5.

My understanding is that they are just ones that are not high enough quality, so they are artificially circulated. Still cool and usually low pops.

SPallidino is correct,because they aren’t as high a quality that Dan likes…. Usually no MS70-69’s.
    But Alefzero is correct too, because sometimes ,( not all the time), Dan will use “bulk handled” to make some circulated pieces .

My goodies came quick this time !

I really love sourcing CARR Art direct !!!

I Love doing a little bit to support The House, The Moonlight Mint !!!

While Carr & Company support my Exonumia Desires, I have no clue I needed this, that,or the other till I saw what's up, THEN The clock is ticking...

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is @Paradisefound found still here?? Old friend asking 😃
    Pm pls

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

@SPalladino said:

@robec said:
    Four more Peace dollars to add to the growing hoard.

Fantastic images!!!

With these four new offerings, my Peace dollar collection now has more DC / Moonlight Mint Peace pieces (25, not counting duplicates) than original US Mint date/MM examples (24).

🤣 I’m right there with you.

Great grades………. Glad they turned out that good ‼️‼️👍👍👍

You got a Full House, Steve...... B).....nice grades.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Grades back from an ANACS submission. Thank you to @Nickpatton for selling me the MS69 DCAM Amazonian Assay Office (mintage 16 with proof-like finish). And thank you to Dan for the wonderful creations!

Great grade on the Amazonian PL. @Nickpatton sold me one as well. Thank you again Nick!

Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file