Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:
    Took a while, finally finished getting through the previously reported silver rolls. Question, the mintmark on the '64-D shown below: has anyone encountered it before? I haven't found it previously recorded yet whether CPG, Wexler, etc.:

Mintmark close-up

Full 1964-D Washington Quarter obverse and reverse

Rolls pictures

• Tim

At first glance it seems like machine doubling, but the rest of the reverse doesn't have it, so it might be a RPM.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that "D" looks M.D.
    Sorry.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • MtW124MtW124 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭

@JWP Great Find, those W’s are getting harder to find. Nice BU Nickels.

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, those were the days. I think i would spot those packages in my dreams. thanks for the memories. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Common denominator was sealed or unopened although a few are pictured after I opened them.

Certainly pricier but the MS67s are stacking up quicker.

• CregCreg Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2024 7:15AM

@CRHer700 has me fomo-ing all over town looking for 2024s. I did make a kind of a Coinstar score (posted in the CS thread)
    I pick up a box of halves tomorrow.

Edited forty minutes later— Dang, I’m itchy, I’m going to the Durham Banks.

edited July 2, 2024 7:57AM

@Creg said:
    @CRHer700 has me fomo-ing all over town looking for 2024s. I did make a kind of a Coinstar score (posted in the CS thread)
    I pick up a box of halves tomorrow.

Edited forty minutes later— Dang, I’m itchy, I’m going to the Durham Banks.

Good job! Make sure that you tell me if you find anything for my 2024 coins thread.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

I found two the last two weeks. Is this a census for locations, or a first find report? I thought the latter.
    One was a Philadelphia dime the day I left on vacation. The other was a Denver cent bonus that came with an eBay buy from Memphis. I don’t know where I will see them right away.

@Creg said:
    I found two the last two weeks. Is this a census for locations, or a first find report? I thought the latter.
    One was a Philadelphia dime the day I left on vacation. The other was a Denver cent bonus that came with an eBay buy from Memphis. I don’t know where I will see them right away.

A first find report, however I am very interested in the price trends of the nickels and dimes, so any info on those can also be posted there.

Is there interest in posting CS receipts? I dumped quarters to get halves.

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Creg said:
    Is there interest in posting CS receipts? I dumped quarters to get halves.\

No....

edited July 3, 2024 5:00PM

@Joe_360 said:

@Creg said:
    Is there interest in posting CS receipts? I dumped quarters to get halves.\

No....

The nays have it. No receipts.

@CRHer700 said:
    Recent finds: from approximately $500 in nickels, $400 in dimes, and $500 of halves. I finally found my first 90% half of the year, a 1951-D Ben.
    Also, the 1920-S buff is a first for me.

I’m surprised at how many buffs you’re scoring. Were the rolls fed or home rolled?

@Coinscratch said:

@CRHer700 said:
    Recent finds: from approximately $500 in nickels, $400 in dimes, and $500 of halves. I finally found my first 90% half of the year, a 1951-D Ben.
    Also, the 1920-S buff is a first for me.

I’m surprised at how many buffs you’re scoring. Were the rolls fed or home rolled?

Fed: specifically Loomis. I had three really good boxes last week.

New box of halves, freshly re-wrapped

Where the trail leads I follows

Incomplete census
    128 round circular ring halo effect strikes, pics below
    121 1974 P - 12 BU - Coinscratch gave up trying to sell clad mint sets last month
    38 1974 D - 8 BU - ditto

Yowie!- @EmeraldATV - which quantum exit ramp on the Antelope Freehole do I use for the store that you buy these from? —selling it fast!

more incomplete census

42 1971 P -16 BU - Oakstar dumped last week trying to find the G-stroke (better term)
    25 1971 D - ditto.

Crazy die crack that looks like many diagonal scratches across 75 other half dolllars.

4 dated between 2011 and 2019 - all BU, couldn’t keep ‘em because Joey leaves prints.
    6 dated between 2001 and 2010 - ditto
    27 2022—2023 - ditto

Whew, found ’em thanks for the clues, JPW!

Shagged clad proofs with round circular orbit ring halo effect strikes - thank you CRH.

Found this 1972P that appears to be a DDO that I can’t identify. Any thoughts? Am I wrong?

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MtW124 - Can we see a close-up of TRUST?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

@MtW124 - Ever though I see slight notching on the Y, I don't believe it's significant enough to be considered a DDO but you're looking in the right spots.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

@OAKSTAR thanks for taking a look. I am a novice at the different varieties out there but it sure is fun looking and learning from all of the people in the know. I’m still learning the different rotations on doubled dies.

@MtW124 said:
    @OAKSTAR thanks for taking a look. I am a novice at the different varieties out there but it sure is fun looking and learning from all of the people in the know. I’m still learning the different rotations on doubled dies.

It does look like doubling, however it's probably small enough to diminish the attraction toward it.

@MtW124 - It needs to look more like this.

@MtW124 said:
    Cracked open my box of Half’s from a week and a half ago and found this 1971D RPM.

Thank you for posting in this thread. It has been almost a week. I felt bad because I thought that I had killed.it.

@Creg said:

@MtW124 said:
    Cracked open my box of Half’s from a week and a half ago and found this 1971D RPM.

Thank you for posting in this thread. It has been almost a week. I felt bad because I thought that I had killed.it.

You couldn't kill it, I am simply extremely backed up on coin rolls at the moment. I still have rolls from June that are unopened, thus I can't finish my monthly report, but they are all cents so I end up doing the newer boxes of higher denoms first so I have more free cash. Really a vicious cycle.

Some recent proofs from the same coins as my last post.

@MtW124 said:
    Found this 1972P that appears to be a DDO that I can’t identify. Any thoughts? Am I wrong?

I’m not familiar with the 72 however I’ve recently found the 71 and 74 ddos.
    Currently on limited Internet access until everything is restored from the hurricane that just came beryling through.

My YN state of OMG!

@Coinscratch said:

@MtW124 said:

Currently on limited Internet access until everything is restored from the hurricane that just came beryling through.

My YN state of OMG!

Are you in Texas?

@CRHer700 said:

@Coinscratch said:

@MtW124 said:

My YN state of OMG!

Are you in Texas?

Yes, near that pin on the map, the eye of the storm passed right over or nearly. Strongest cat 1 I’ve ever experienced because of the direct hit.

@Coinscratch said:

@CRHer700 said:

@Coinscratch said:

@MtW124 said:

My YN state of OMG!

Are you in Texas?

Yes, near that pin on the map, the eye of the storm passed right over or nearly. Strongest cat 1 I’ve ever experienced because of the direct hit.

Well, I hope that it didn't cause you to much damage. I understand what those big storms can do.

@JWP said:
    Just got these today in Arkansas. Will go
    through them and see what they hold. There are 2 rolls of 2024 Cents & 2 rolls of 2024 quarters

Nice, can’t wait to hear what you find.

I have four boxes of nickels arriving at my bank tomorrow morning that I ordered a week and a half ago. Bank Delayed the order due to the holiday.

edited July 12, 2024 9:53AM

@MtW124. The 2 cents look like 2024 D. I don't know about the quarter as they the reverse side on both ends. I will go through them Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully the 4 Quarter rolls have "W".

@JWP very nice

edited July 12, 2024 9:46AM

@JWP said:
    @MtW124. The 2 cents look like 3024 D. I don't know about the quarter as they the reverse side on both ends. I will go through them Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully the 4 Quarter rolls have "W".

Those are some futuristic cents.

@CRHer700 it was a typo.

@JWP said:
    @CRHer700 it was a typo.

I was just being silly.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck to all the searchers. Like seeing all these results

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 W's in the 1st 7 rolls, a Big Zero from rolls 8 through 50! Strange...

• ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    @MtW124. The 2 cents look like 2024 D. I don't know about the quarter as they the reverse side on both ends. I will go through them Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully the 4 Quarter rolls have "W".

Good luck with the quarters

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file