Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:

Well...I finally clearly see something you're seeing lol!
    Oh man Emerald, how much time do you spend looking at every penny?!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it's kinda like speed dating.
    Lol ?

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    Just found these 3 in a box of quarters. 1-2020 W MBR, 1-2020 W Tallgrass, and a quarter that was reduced to a dime and I believe it was caused by inflation.

Nice! The Tallgrass is a tough find now a days. Good thing that you got to it before it was reduced to 10 cents... :o

• JWPJWP Posts: 20,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2024 1:35PM

@Joe_360 said:

@JWP said:
    Just found these 3 in a box of quarters. 1-2020 W MBR, 1-2020 W Tallgrass, and a quarter that was reduced to a dime and I believe it was caused by inflation.

Nice! The Tallgrass is a tough find now a days. Good thing that you got to it before it was reduced to 10 cents... :o

Yea, FDR was starting to show a little fight ring damage (FRD) too. 😅🤣😂

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    These are finds from my nickel box tody. A 1944 P war nickel, a no date Buffalo, a 2024 D that looks like a parking lot find, and a1976 D with a siley face. I have admit that this was a FUN box. 😅🤣😂

Congratulations! You just found the first 2024-D nickel on our boards. I entered your name on my new 2024 coins list. Now seriously; get that on eBay before the price drops!

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

@joeykoins said:
    New Box search.

Well, well.
    Finally, Something!
    After 22 rolls...

2 Silver babies.

Plus...
    2 W's & 1 Strike Through!

That's nice!

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    New Box search.

Nice Box Joey! Congrats!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2024 12:47PM

Guys,
    Be aware! The 2020W Weir Farm's are spectacular at their new value for ms 67's!

$1400!

They passed the high valued 2020W Rockefeller's

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@bramn8r said:
    I bought these two rolls, Bicentennial Ikes, 1989-D Washington. Sealed rolls. I'll search through the quarters, they look spotless, The Ikes, tough ones.

Make sure you look for RPMs on the Washingtons.

edited August 31, 2024 6:40AM

@Coinscratch said:
    Looking for some fillers for the next order to get to a round number (30). Maybe a couple of these could hit 67 what do you think?

Counting from the top...
    4, 12, and 13 would be my best guesses with #4 being the most likely...without seeing the reverses that is :blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

@Coinscratch said:
    Looking for some fillers for the next order to get to a round number (30). Maybe a couple of these could hit 67 what do you think?

Counting from the top...
    4, 12, and 3 would be my best guesses with #4 being the most likely...without seeing the reverses that is :blush:

You just have to assume the reverse looks as good as the obverse. 😁
    I don’t think #4 is worth the cost of grading even in a 68 but I do like 11 and twelve.

@Coinscratch said:

@Kurisu said:

@Coinscratch said:

Counting from the top...
    4, 12, and 3 would be my best guesses with #4 being the most likely...without seeing the reverses that is :blush:

You just have to assume the reverse looks as good as the obverse. 😁
    I don’t think #4 is worth the cost of grading even in a 68 but I do like 11 and twelve.

Edited because I typed 3 when I meant 13.

Coins are Neato!

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

Finally got around to my third box of nickels and so far 12 rolls in one 1985 D obv cud and a VV Bar-6

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

With only 8 rolls left in my 3rd box, I came across this nice 1984P Jefferson nickel Die Clash example that happens to be listed.

Here’s the goodies from my last hunt of August. From only $300 in nickels, I got 7 war nickels, 3 buffs, and my first V nickel of the year, a 1910. That is one that I hadn’t found before.

And my first 2024 nickel, go figure.

My box of dimes was a skunk, however, my box of halves made up for it with 2 silvers.

Overall some very nice finds.

• CregCreg Posts: 260 ✭✭✭

Teller at CU called—

Angelic type and demonic type proof Sacs—

Two Sacs, ten Ikes, five JFKs

Shiny MF

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a 2023 BU roll of halves at bank recently. Many nice Gems

Coins & Currency
    edited September 6, 2024 4:13AM

@Cougar1978 said:
    Picked up a 2023 BU roll of halves at bank recently. Many nice Gems

I also picked up some 2023 halves recently. This was the best of like 10 rolls but came back 66.

Speaking of BU rolls, here's some of what I'm doing after work today :blush:

Coins are Neato!

@Creg said:

Do you think that this is a proof? If it is, you should check for accented hair.

• CregCreg Posts: 260 ✭✭✭

It’s a proof—not accented.

edited September 6, 2024 1:11PM

@Kurisu said:

Good luck with those finding a gem! This one actually looks better than the 66 above but the large hit isn’t hidden as well.

Edit or maybe it is hidden better…

@Coinscratch said:

@Kurisu said:

Good luck with those finding a gem! This one actually looks better than the 66 above but the large hit isn’t hidden as well.

Overall I think it's better, but that scratch in the hair above his ear will hold it back. Honestly I think just the rim might hold it back...those rims are tough to find not ground up a bit lol.

Coins are Neato!

@Kurisu said:

@Coinscratch said:

@Kurisu said:

Overall I think it's better, but that scratch in the hair above his ear will hold it back. Honestly I think just the rim might hold it back...those rims are tough to find not ground up a bit lol.

Yeah, those damn perfectionist :)
    But only when it’s modern!

edited September 6, 2024 2:49PM

@Coinscratch said:

@Kurisu said:

@Coinscratch said:

@Kurisu said:

Yeah, those damn perfectionist :)
    But only when it’s modern!

Let’s just start with the fields that passes the smell test then onto the devices. Yep, scratches are hidden.
    But wait a minute grader number three says the rims are dinged up lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file