Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

1132133134135136138»

Comments

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall this may have been discussed before. Have you ever received a sealed bank box, right off the truck with customer wrapped rolls inside?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭

My bank will give me their customer wrapped rolls that they collect however, I have never come across a sealed box from the coin distributor that supplies the bank. Very nice find @OAKSTAR. I can’t wait to see what you find.

I check @mt2414 nothing I'm looking for.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    I recall this may have been discussed before. Have you ever received a sealed bank box, right off the truck with customer wrapped rolls inside?

Yes, I’ve had banks re-roll coinage before they would sell it. It was a policy thing to guarantee it but they would typically be the same color not all mix matched like these.
    They could have a very resourceful staff or else too little time to bother.

Let is know.

@Coinscratch - It wasn't the bank or the staff. It came right off the Brinks truck.

@OAKSTAR said:
    @Coinscratch - It wasn't the bank or the staff. It came right off the Brinks truck.

Those guys deliver bank to bank too, right? It’s not like they always come directly from the mint branch.
    And this has come up before I remember jokingly saying that the driver was checking the coins.

@Coinscratch said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Those guys deliver bank to bank too, right? It’s not like they always come directly from the mint branch.
    And this has come up before I remember jokingly saying that the driver was checking the coins.

I don't know, you might be right. Maybe they do deliver from bank to bank.

Yes, I remember the conversation about a drive checking boxes for coins.

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@Coinscratch said:

@OAKSTAR said:

I don't know, you might be right. Maybe they do deliver from bank to bank.

Yes, I remember the conversation about a drive checking boxes for coins.

My bank says, that all of the coins turned into there bank and branches are given to and tagged as there coins when given to the sorting company. Then, those same coins are returned to there branches rolled and boxed. Anyway that is what my teller manager told me. Sometimes I will take a break on different denominations so they can replenish coins from possible additions that just came into the branch as accumulated change.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2024 2:01PM

Used to think it a joke but got a real nice roll of BU 2023 P halves for $10 at local bank.

Coins & Currency
  • KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up 2 boxes of halves yesterday, did one of them this evening.

A couple 40% with lovely originality.
    A surprisingly nice 1988 D with luster and a touch of cameo and mirrors even.
    An impaired proof is always fun too.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

Yes, with halves and dimes.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

Okay, thanks @CRHer700

@OAKSTAR said:
    Okay, thanks @CRHer700

You're welcome. I must also add that the sealed CWR box that I got were my own rolls, which had been put in a new box and sealed up.

@CRHer700 said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    Okay, thanks @CRHer700

You're welcome. I must also add that the sealed CWR box that I got were my own rolls, which had been put in a new box and sealed up.

Really?? That's not good!!

edited September 16, 2024 1:04PM

Let me see if I got this straight @CRHer700
    Your bank gave you your own coins back (but straight from the truck allegedly)? So are you dropping at the same bank you're picking? If so that would be a No-No.

@Coinscratch said:
    Your bank gave you your own coins back (but straight from the truck allegedly)? So are you dropping at the same bank you're picking? If so that would be a No-No.

It was a different bank. It was in the wrong style box for the roll type, and had been rolled the way that I roll them. It happened one time and never happened since.

@CRHer700 said:

@Coinscratch said:

It was a different bank. It was in the wrong style box for the roll type, and had been rolled the way that I roll them. It happened one time and never happened since.

Wow! Should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2024 1:20PM

@Coinscratch said:

So, I do not damage the roll-sleeves.I open one end, dump out the coins and reuse the same sleeve. I swap box for box at my bank and my bank knows me and distributes the rolls to businesses and customers. It would be impossible for me to get my rolls back...

I haven't been posting pictures as of late as the W coin quality hasn't been great, but I did get a 1964-D quarter in August!

@Joe_360 said:

@Coinscratch said:

So, I do not damage the roll-sleeves.I open one end, dump out the coins and reuse the same sleeve. I swap box for box at my bank and my bank knows me and distributes the rolls to businesses and customers. It would be impossible for me to get my rolls back...

I haven't been posting pictures as of late as the W coin quality hasn't been great, but I did get a 1964-D quarter in August!

I do the same thing, that's how I know that they were mine. It's way better than getting wrappers and wrapping 10,000+ coins a week! B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file