Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

1128129130131132134»

Comments

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Searched 2 boxes of Lincoln Cents. I found 11 wheat cents, 6 Canadian cents and this 1925 D. It was OK. Now on to the 2 boxes of nickels.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice @Kurisu is that a No FG?

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Very nice @Kurisu is that a No FG?

I believe that might be 2 no FG :smile:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!
    That box I posted above with the 40% silver ender showing...I didn't want to jinx it by assuming it would be a great box...
    It WAS a GREAT box :smiley:
    Best box I've seen in a while!!
    And maybe even more importantly, a super duper fun box!

I hadn't even planned on leaving with a box. I had stopped by my credit union where I usually only get $100 in rolls since they still have a limit unless I order boxes. My boxes are mostly from Chase banks. The assistant branch manager at the credit union noticed me there and told me they ended up with an extra box if I wanted it.
    The box clearly came with some good vibes :blush:

What kind of a coin is that 2001-S? It doesn't have the cameo look like a proof would.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    edited June 17, 2024 6:52AM

@CRHer700 said:

@Kurisu said:

>

>

What kind of a coin is that 2001-S? It doesn't have the cameo look like a proof would.

It's a clad proof.
    Agreed, it's not DCAM. It's barely any CAM, more like just slightly frosty on the devices.
    ...NGC would probably give it a ★.
    It's got some really nice eye appeal.
    Rally pretty with the frosty blue toning too.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited June 16, 2024 4:50PM

I finished the 2 nickel boxes late last night. nothing to show, just 2 boxes of nickels. Oh well, at least I found one album hole fillers. :)

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!
    That box I posted above with the 40% silver ender showing...I didn't want to jinx it by assuming it would be a great box...

I hadn't even planned on leaving with a box. I had stopped by my credit union where I usually only get $100 in rolls since they still have a limit unless I order boxes. My boxes are mostly from Chase banks. The assistant branch manager at the credit union noticed me there and told me they ended up with an extra box if I wanted it.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

deleted

• Options

@Fraz said:
    Someone made me wait in a car too long. I complied maliciously—went through the cup holder.

What do they drive, a 1978 Pontiac Lemans :D

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!

These appear to have mint set haze on them. Clean them with MS70, acetones and water. Acetone twice if only using acetone. There very well may be some high grade coins. I have personally gone through 2500 1968 mint sets and this is what most of them look like.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!

These appear to have mint set haze on them. Clean them with MS70, acetones and water. Acetone twice if only using acetone. There very well may be some high grade coins. I have personally gone through 2500 1968 mint sets and this is what most of them look like.

Yes! Once dipped, you'll see an astounding difference!
    🖤❤

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2024 5:20PM

@joeykoins said:

@Clackamas1 said:

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!

Yes! Once dipped, you'll see an astounding difference!
    🖤❤

Well...they're all in the continuously growing box of silver. So if I ever decide to make them all prettier before cashing them in every few years :wink:

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Barbercoin Nice find, I’m jealous as I have yet to find one of those.

• Options
    BarbercoinBarbercoin Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

It’s so nice talking to someone who isn’t disparaging me picking coins from rolls. Mine have always been bank rolls, but once in a while I find a coin that is “nearly” flawless. It’s fun for me albeit extremely tedious.

I never thought of getting rolls from armored car company. I’m gonna try that next.

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2024 11:24AM

From the till at the vape store. Sal gave them to me trusting fair recompense. I’d like advice on any of these. I have a general idea from CoinFacts. I do not belong in this ambience. I know little about silver coinage. He said it’s a years worth; he accepts them at face. He took a copy of a double eagle.
    Love to hear from ye.

The walkers look polished.

• Options

@Fraz. WOW. Nice find. Just wonder how the person came about these coins. The Walkers and the Peace and Morgan look nice. The Five Dollar coin is nor a coin that I recognize. The others are nice. Just under 3 OZ silver, and Someone here can give you a better grade than me.Nice.

• Options

I only see silver Kingfish.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2024 11:50AM

@Coinscratch said:

huh?

• Options
    edited June 19, 2024 11:48AM

@JWP said:
    @Fraz. WOW. Nice find. Just wonder how the person came about these coins. The Walkers and the Peace and Morgan look nice. The Five Dollar coin is nor a coin that I recognize. The others are nice. Just under 3 OZ silver, and Someone here can give you a better grade than me.Nice.

Customers traded these to service vices. Probably stolen.

Would it be okay in this forum for me to repost these pics in individual threads?

• Options

@Fraz said:

@Coinscratch said:

huh?

Just a joke but I only see silver there because I'm not familiar with Walkers...yet :)

• Options
    edited June 19, 2024 1:15PM

@Fraz you could post the coins on Q & A forum and ask your questions on the grade of the coins. You will be getting so.e excellent replies there too. Nice coins. 🙂

• Options

@JWP said:
    @Fraz you could post the coins on Q & A forum and ask your questions on the grade of the coins. You will be getting so.e excellent relief there too. Nice coins. 🙂

Thanks, now I understand.

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2024 4:16PM

@Coinscratch said:
    Okay boys and girls here are the winners from my most recent order. Enjoy :)
    All came from mint sets.

I just looked up your 82’D 1/2 and it came up VG10. I think they need to fix that.

• Options

@MtW124 You would be correct n fact check out my other thread titled Kennedy GTG. The paperwork and cert say VG10 though the label is MS67. Good aye.

• Options

I missed a few other winners from that sub.

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch yeah I just wanted to know the value of your 67 so I thought I would look it up and it came up different. I was just letting you know that something went wrong when they entered the information. I like your coins. Great eye to pick those to be graded.

• Options

Good work,

• Options

Thanks guys, my next sub is already in the cue (a few weeks out) and I’m really excited about this one. I’m grading it 67+ conservatively but regardless of the number it is one of the best I’ve ever seen and will absolutely compliment the set in progress.

• Options
    edited June 20, 2024 11:30AM

I bought three rolls to open on the way to wait in an office (for how long?). It has taken a long time to get a silver quarter in a roll. Nice AU 58? Someone say MS? @emeraldATV?
    Reeded for my pleasure:

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finds from $420 in nickels, $300 in dimes, $600 in quarters, and $500 in halves.

The 1977-S half was an ender, and has the most severe toning that I have ever seen on a proof. The obverse is striped, and the reverse is toned a grayish brown and it’s luster is almost gone. Very strange.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file