Comments

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

I’m hoping soon - I placed an order 10/17 and not a peep yet on delivery

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    I’m hoping soon - I placed an order 10/17 and not a peep yet on delivery

My order was on the 16th, so should be anytime now.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order from 10/17 has shipped.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto. I was not overly impressed by the issues this time but remain an ardent fan of Carr and his coins!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

I ordered the set of 1891 Columbia halves - rec notice they are coming Friday

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    No love for the 1891 Columbia overstrikes? I collect the classic commemorative coins so I couldn’t pass this up.

It’s one of my favorite commemoratives but there is something about the two Carr versions that made me not want them enough to pick up at issue price. If these fall in the aftermarket I might consider them then. I also like the toned pieces Carr has done over the years and if these were toned, that would have possibly made the difference.

• Options

@U1chicago good luck in your aftermarket search. I never see much ( or any) decline in his issues, but patience is a virtue.

• Options

@Orlena said:
    @U1chicago good luck in your aftermarket search. I never see much ( or any) decline in his issues, but patience is a virtue.

The 1921 Peace is one example…I bought one from Carr at issue price of 145 and then saw them get as low as $90 (I picked up an Anacs slabbed one for more than that but less than the 145).

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Orlena said:

I saw this one on eBay and just about purchased it. I think it's kind of cool. I am unsure of the mintage though.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:

@Orlena said:

I saw this one on eBay and just about purchased it. I think it's kind of cool. I am unsure of the mintage though.

That’s the type I was referencing although the one you show is a much more limited version of the original (non double strike). I’m guessing only a handful exist of the double strike.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@Orlena said:
    No love for the 1891 Columbia overstrikes? I collect the classic commemorative coins so I couldn’t pass this up.

It’s one of my favorite commemoratives but there is something about the two Carr versions that made me not want them enough to pick up at issue price. If these fall in the aftermarket I might consider them then...

I'm guessing you haven't yet looked at the mintages (so far): http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_61.htm

That is, if any ever appear in the aftermarket, I bet they sell for a premium -- especially if slabbed with MM's typical high MS grade.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    edited November 20, 2023 6:20AM

@COCollector said:

@U1chicago said:

@Orlena said:

It’s one of my favorite commemoratives but there is something about the two Carr versions that made me not want them enough to pick up at issue price. If these fall in the aftermarket I might consider them then...

I'm guessing you haven't yet looked at the mintages (so far): http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_61.htm

That is, if any ever appear in the aftermarket, I bet they sell for a premium -- especially if slabbed with MM's typical high MS grade.

That is the mintage so far; it’s not final. And that is already about a 100 each, which is usually more than enough to not bring much of a premium unless it’s a popular design (like a capped bust or an Oregon Trail). My experience with many of the recents releases (last few years) is that they don’t go up. People ask for well over issue price on eBay but the items don’t sell. And when they go to auction, there are opportunities to pick them up for under issue price (like the 1921 Carr Peace which was 145 issue price and would sell at auction for 90-120, even if slabbed by Anacs).

• Options
    Farmer1961Farmer1961 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

I have a wish list for Dan of future strikings. 1861-D ten dollar gold, twenty dollar gold, 3 dollar gold and quarter eagle coins.

• Options

1861-C double eagle, eagle, 3 dollar gold and quarter eagle coins.

• Options

1791 half disme same style as 1792.

• Options

1794 turban head eagle, half eagle and quarter eagle coins perhaps a double eagle too.

• Options

1955 double die cent struck on a silver dime planchett.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Farmer1961 said:
    I have a wish list for Dan of future strikings. 1861-D ten dollar gold, twenty dollar gold, 3 dollar gold and quarter eagle coins.

@Farmer1961 said:
    1861-C double eagle, eagle, 3 dollar gold and quarter eagle coins.

@Farmer1961 said:
    1794 turban head eagle, half eagle and quarter eagle coins perhaps a double eagle too.

Hey Big Man.....let me hold a dollar... B)

• Options

I forgot to add 1906 high relief $10 indian and 1921 $10 indian.

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Farmer1961 said:
    1955 double die cent struck on a silver dime planchett.

I do not believe he would do that due to the legal ramifications. An 1855 DDO Indian Cent might be fun though.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

1979 Ike
    1929, 1930, 1932, 1933 Peace
    1886, 1887, 1888 CC Morgan

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

Dan does an awesome job on.peace dollars. I have all the 1964 strikes and some broken swords too.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2023 2:22PM

My first Carr's were 1964D's bought 2nd hand off flea bay in 2013 and on. Fun start for me.

Oddly at the moment I have no expanded Carr Art requests.

For years wanted to add a couple or more Cameo 1965D's or P's or S's Peace Bucks as that is wifey's birth year.

From the Mint I bought the 2023 Peace & Morgan proof and reverse proofs. A mixed roll of 20. They all turned out problem free, though laser etched cameo dies are kind of weird. They play well with the Carr Fantasies. $80 to $92.50 a piece for 9/10oz 999 fine. I am sad I passed on their 2021 Peace Unc issues.

Maybe Santa Carr takes requests, that is, if you've been good ?

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Farmer1961 said:

This might be cool. Quarter Eagle would need to be a small eagle though, and no double eagle.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2023 7:06PM

That Trade Dollar! :p Albeit, too steep for me. :'(

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2023 8:46PM

Felinfoel, thanks for the heads-up.

I also noticed the 1891 Columbian mintages are final: http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_61.htm

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet that Trade Dollar that was lightly color-antiqued looks pretty cool.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I know what to buy myself for Christmas :)

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    Dan just posted new stuff. https://dc-coin.com/

Thanks!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

I'm in for the new dollars. Was on the fence for the Columbia halves but the low mintage got me and the rest of my usual hunt list is pretty dry.

• Options

Added another Misaligned Obverse Design strike recently for less than $88 delivered.
    There's another one on Fleabay in ANACS slab for $799 buy it now.

Happy Shopping !!!

• Options

Got a 1793 dollar and the trade dollar. I suggested a few years ago a 1793 flowing hair dollar and glad to see these coins offered.

• Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

Hope you got the early bird special: the Trade Dollar is now $425.00 (+$75).

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:

Lame! I had it in my cart and I was on the fence but guess I’ll pass now.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2023 8:34AM

Yes, I agree with that and was on the fence so reluctantly skipped the TD. Did get the earlier piece like others. Wasn't the 1793 price also raised?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@nk1nk said:

@felinfoel said:

So did I. Oh well, back into the slush fund it goes.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2023 9:23AM

@felinfoel said:
    Hope you got the early bird special: the Trade Dollar is now $425.00 (+$75)...

I'm guessing that reflects the current price of Trade Dollars suitable for overstrike.

Anyway, I'm just hoping my order arrives in time for Xmas. :)

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

@nk1nk said:

@felinfoel said:

So did I. Oh well, back into the slush fund it goes.

Looks like there were several of us; previous pricing was 'on the fence'...

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Yes, I agree with that and was on the fence so reluctantly skipped the TD. Did get the earlier piece like others. Wasn't the 1793 price also raised?

Same price on the 1793 ($125). I agree with @COCollector: the price increase probably reflects Dan's cost for finding (more) suitable Trade Dollars to overstrike.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2023 1:24PM

I hope my Trade donors do not have plugged holes. From what I've noticed plugged hole remain evident after fantasy dies are applied. I wonder if there are chop marked donors ? I've never considered acquiring Trade Bucks so I am excited to learn about the series.

• Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

I am guessing that there will not be too many Trade dollar overstrikes produced.

• Options

@TopcatCoin said:
    I am guessing that there will not be too many Trade dollar overstrikes produced.

When I was putting one in my cart last night, before the price went up, I inadvertently put in 11 instead of one, and it tallied them up.

• Options

Anyone have one of these or know where one might be available? A friend of mine is looking for one (specifically this version) and I’d appreciate any leads.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file