Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few of my best DC were sourced from Chief !

Three cheers for Bullsitter !

@BucketHead said:

That was me…….. but it didn’t go for $1000…….. I had been negotiating a price with a potential buyer and told him that I would put the piece up on eBay for him to see it, and told him I’d put it up for a$1000 so no one would buy it out from under him, ( with a $900 offer price on it) , and told him to contact me if he wanted it and I’d change the offer to our “agreed” price of $400. He paid $400 for it…….. thanks to Bullsitter who sent him my way, because this costumer lost on the one Bullsitter had on eBay ‼️‼️‼️
    Bullsitter is the best‼️‼️👍👍🎯🎯👀‼️‼️‼️‼️

Thanks for the clarification Nick. That sounds like a price that everyone can be happy with and props to Bullsitter for connecting you and the buyer.
    Love this group and all of Dan’s work!

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭

I 100% agree Mr
    Lindy‼️👍
    My Avatar is one of only three 2020 antiqued “Big Owl “ that I got from the “Chief”‼️‼️‼️‼️🎯👀‼️‼️👍‼️

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:

Daniel Carr Liberty in one ounce silver Clark Gruber Toned Natural toning.
    Exited to see what happens in a year or so more

>

Wow, that toning makes it look like a gold coin.

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny thing is, it almost fooled me. I had to look at the reverse to make sure it said silver on it……lol

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:

Funny thing is, it almost fooled me. I had to look at the reverse to make sure it said silver on it……lol

How did you store this?

• Options

@coinsarefun said:

@robec said:

How did you store this?

>
    >
    >
    >

I have 2x2 trays inside a very wood map cabinet I found in an antique store.
    I’ll have to look for pics. I posted it in January or so when I moved from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
    The old map try still has the old maps in it but I put the felt 2x2 try’s so they don’t side.
    Some have toned but most stayed white

I went back in the forum and took these pics. Of my new office.

Very, very cool!

• Options
    edited August 25, 2023 3:21PM

The 43S is similar to 31S in that both are super high relief & neither are broken sword.

Always fun to go Carr Shopping !!

@SaorAlba said:
    After getting the '43-S in the mail with all the old stamps etc and then getting the 2023 Peace dollar the other day - I just wisht the US mint neglected to do the 2023 and let Dan do it instead. My '43-S is a high relief masterpiece - the 2023 Peace is nice but it is no cartwheel magnificence like the '43-S that Dan did.

• Options

What kind of wood is that coinsarefun⁉️⁉️
    I wanna make a magic box and turn my silver winged Libertys into gold too‼️🎯🎯‼️👍👍👍
    That is too kool……. That storage system you came up with too‼️‼️👍👍‼️

• Options
    SatchmoSatchmo Posts: 10 ✭✭

That cabinet is sweet!! That’s perfect for displaying coins.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

That map cabinet is a great idea, and the toning on your Gruber coin is marvelous! Wow!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Nice pieces jshaulis‼️
    Daniel sure can put the USMINT to shame‼️‼️👍🎯👀‼️‼️‼️‼️👍‼️

• Options
    edited August 29, 2023 8:08AM

Congratulations on the 70’s twobitcollector‼️👍🎯
    You also got some really low populations on some of the others ‼️👍
    Here’s some pictures of your pieces I pulled up on ANACS’s website.‼️👍👍👍👍
    One thing I don’t like that ANACS does in their in their population reports is what they did on your Continental Currency…….. in that report they group all the, brass, aluminum,silver,and nickel in the top population report, and put the copper (red), below,by itself ‼️👎
    They need to separate them by “All” the different types of metals to get a true population report, like ICG does‼️‼️👍
    Nice pieces twobitcollector , that MS70 on your 1943s makes me wish I didn’t sell mine‼️‼️
    But I always have sellers regret ‼️😱

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    Congratulations on the 70’s twobitcollector‼️👍🎯
    You also got some really low populations on some of the others ‼️👍
    Here’s some pictures of your pieces I pulled up on ANACS’s website.‼️👍👍👍👍
    One thing I don’t like that ANACS does in their in their population reports is what they did on your Continental Currency…….. in that report they group all the, brass, aluminum,silver,and nickel in the top population report, and put the copper (red), below,by itself ‼️👎
    They need to separate them by “All” the different types of metals to get a true population report, like ICG does‼️‼️👍
    Nice pieces twobitcollector , that MS70 on your 1943s makes me wish I didn’t sell mine‼️‼️
    But I always have sellers regret ‼️😱

I just checked, they are due to arrive on Thursday .
    Then I'll take some photos.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are my photos before I sent them in.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

I have a 1964 D clashed and canceled die 1MS69 too. ANACS needs to work on the way they do their population reports……….their report says that there are 300 MS69 .Not true, there’s no way that’s correct, because Dan only minted 108 of them ‼️‼️‼️
    What they must have done is added all the Die pair 1 MS69…… when they should have listed as a Clashed and Canceled by itself ‼️
    Here’s pictures backing up what I’m saying.‼️👍🎯‼️

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see him make a 1956 D Franklin half.

Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    I can't seem to be in the right place at the right time to get a chance at some of the more interesting offerings. A

Same with me...I really like a lot of Dan's work but miss out. :( Someday!

K

ANA LM
  • Options

@MICHAELDIXON said:
    I would like to see him make a 1956 D Franklin half.

Wow, after all these years collecting (and I started in the 60’s) I didn’t realize there were no 56-D Franklin’s minted.
    I had to have known at one time, surely. I’ll chalk it up to a senior loss of brain cells.

• Options
    edited September 4, 2023 3:08AM

I had to look that up too,robec 😱‼️

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:
    Had some of my Carr items out so figured I would take a couple of pics.

Amazing. Love all of them but, wow, nice gold!

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was flipping through the production data on the Moonlight Mint site, happened upon these two products that were commissioned by a distributor.

Does anyone know if the distributor has a public "storefront"? I imagine that the 1776-2026 piece is gone (or perhaps being held until closer to 2026).

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2023 7:16AM

@jshaulis said:
    Special thanks to @78saen for selling me these!

Love the Merlin hologram design from @dcarr !

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not mine, it's a photo from the KOTCT website... :#

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Not mine, it's a photo from the KOTCT website... :#

The KOTCT members and administration need to get with Dan to make some new medals 🏅, I’m a member and all for it………….. some of my koolest pieces are KOTCT medals that came for Dan‼️‼️👍🎯🎯

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here had one of these monster 2 oz silver commems graded by ANACS?

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

Nope‼️ANACS doesn’t have that big of holders………. The need to start having them‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2023 4:17PM

@D808LF said:
    Has anyone here had one of these monster 2 oz silver commems graded by ANACS?

They cannot do them. I discussed this with Paul at ANACS. The problem is the expense to get it. There is just not enough demand to make it worth doing. I have the Morgan and Peace from that and the complete set from the 1884-CC cancelled die group. Still in flips, but might scout for a suitable holder for them. Not a big priority though.

Personally, I think ANACS should never have graded the Carr material. Yes, they should have slabbed it and simply put the release attribution: high grade, bulk handled, matte finish, circulated, ... But it was hard to anticipate any issues. The 68/69/70 grading differences IMO are ridiculous and unneeded for Moonlight Mint products. Makes it too easy for predatory promotion.

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mucho mahalos.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2023 11:45AM

@Bullsitter said:
    Just bought this one on Ebay, not sure if it's the bulk or high luster version. I'm guessing bulk.
    I'll post more photos when I get it.

Sellers photos with COA

You STOLD that Franklin!!!!!!
    I believe it isn’t the bulk version or it would say so on the cert.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a COA on the High-Luster piece.

• Options
    edited September 21, 2023 3:44PM

I saw that a while back, stock image offer for several available.
    Then I looked up mintage and found 711 made so far & all issued by 3rd party.

I wish Dan could have rolled the vine and bars edge on his blanks prestrike like Landis & Rust did.
    I own a few vine and bars from Gallery Mint due to the circa 1793 edge details. Thats when I bought into GMM goodies straight from the manufacturer 30 years ago. Sadly, nothing is normal,struck to boring specifications. Or how cool is that ??? I am and always have been an ERROR Guy, so no returns ever from me idf you sent me a boo boo, that I hand drew out details of what exactly I desired.

Their 1790's 1c edge details are That Cool !

Happy Shopping !

@Nickpatton said:
    Got this one from there today…… almost free…. I thought ‼️‼️👍‼️

• Options

Nice‼️👍👀(Bullsitter)

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Franklin @Bullsitter , my avatar Looks at it with approval….

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was offered a raw one about a year ago for about $187 & I saw a MS70 go for like $300 last month on eBay, so indeed almost free @Nickpatton

I’ll admit I bought the last one listed last night, appreciate the info on multiples for sale @lindy

At risk of running myself up in the future were i to pursue… I think the Silver and Gold versions would look phenomenal with this one in a three piece capital holder…

Last Gold one I saw went for about $1700+ Though so happy to pick up this version for $50

Cheers and Thanks Y’all
    -Luke

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Came in yesterday, after seeing it in hand I think it is the high-grade piece.
    I'll send it to ANACS later this year. Due to the toning I'm guessing MS68.
    Really stoked about this piece....my only Franklin.

Dip it,,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    edited September 23, 2023 3:37PM

I went to a coin show in Grapevine Texas today………….. and it made me realize even more how good Dan Carr products are‼️‼️
    I took some 2018 limited Edition silver proof sets,( and other stuff I bought from the USMINTaround 2018),and couldn’t even get my purchase price out of them, even though I’ve had them for 6 years ‼️😱😱

Now, I don’t believe I’ve ever lost money on any Dan Carr products,and usually can make a profit on them “almost “ the next day‼️‼️‼️
    Yay, Dan Carr‼️‼️👍👍🎯‼️
    Puts the USMINT to shame every time ‼️‼️🎯

P.S. The only bad experience I’ve had with Dan Carr pieces is………….. Sellers regret ‼️😱
    I usually wish I kept them instead of selling them ‼️

• Options

I aspire to be a buy and hold numismatist.
    You can buy everything and flip the rips, but if you have strong hands, then the years and decades will pass while you still own your treasures.

Happy Shopping !

@Nickpatton said:
    I went to a coin show in Grapevine Texas today………….. and it made me realize even more how good Dan Carr products are‼️‼️
    I took some 2018 limited Edition silver proof sets,( and other stuff I bought from the USMINTaround 2018),and couldn’t even get my purchase price out of them, even though I’ve had them for 6 years ‼️😱😱

Now, I don’t believe I’ve ever lost money on any Dan Carr products,and usually can make a profit on them “almost “ the next day‼️‼️‼️
    Yay, Dan Carr‼️‼️👍👍🎯‼️
    Puts the USMINT to shame every time ‼️‼️🎯

P.S. The only bad experience I’ve had with Dan Carr pieces is………….. Sellers regret ‼️😱
    I usually wish I kept them instead of selling them ‼️

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:
    I was offered a raw one about a year ago for about $187 & I saw a MS70 go for like $300 last month on eBay, so indeed almost free @Nickpatton

I’ll admit I bought the last one listed last night, appreciate the info on multiples for sale @lindy

At risk of running myself up in the future were i to pursue… I think the Silver and Gold versions would look phenomenal with this one in a three piece capital holder…

Last Gold one I saw went for about $1700+ Though so happy to pick up this version for $50

Cheers and Thanks Y’all
    -Luke

There is a HUGE difference between the BU and Circ releases. The big money is in the Circ, with a mintage of only 10 pieces. The gold, of course, is even rarer, with only 6 minted. Such low mintage pieces tend to work their way into increasingly strong, sell-resistant hands and have excellent future price gain potential. Probably a price guide would really help build and stablize the secondary market in Carr products. Might be something I (or someone else) could jump into.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file