Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    Just received an email that 1943-S is being shipped. Can't wait to see it.

I got my notice as well. I picked up some of his consignment offerings as well for bonus fun!

Got mine as well.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Scheduled to receive my 43-S Peace Dollar on Friday.

Same here. But reality at my address is typically 'tracking schedule + 1-2 days'

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to contact “ Errors Mostly “ off of eBay ⁉️
    I have some Jeff Shelvin multi strikes medals I was wanting to see if he’d trade for……….. no trading aloud on eBay ‼️‼️
    Thanks
    Nick

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@robec (or anyone) Is the silver MMXXIII Winged Liberty an overstrike? If so what is it struck on? I see the gold is struck on a Canadian Maple Leaf but don't see anything about the silver.

• Options

@smuglr said:
    @robec (or anyone) Is the silver MMXXIII Winged Liberty an overstrike? If so what is it struck on? I see the gold is struck on a Canadian Maple Leaf but don't see anything about the silver.

It’s not an over strike.

• Options
    MrweaseluvMrweaseluv Posts: 215 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a pair of MMXXIIs :smile: One of the nicest coins DC has made yet in my opinion

You may soar with the eagles, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!.
    https://www.cointalk.com/media/albums/the-2020-20-large-cent-set.1855/

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@Mrweaseluv said:
    I got a pair of MMXXIIs :smile: One of the nicest coins DC has made yet in my opinion

Yes, it's quite a nice coin.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Nick, that is definitely a keeper!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

I got the 2007 copper Ameros too. Not sure if Dan didn’t have room in his catalog to put all the denominations on his website……… but I didn’t see the seated Liberty (20) Ameros that had the big gear behind her.
    And the 2 Ameros has everything in the catalog pictures……but she’s sitting to the left, instead of the right.
    And on the 1 Ameros has a “(lines)” arch behind her.
    Don’t know if these are different from the ones in the catalog, or Dan just didn’t have room for pictures of all the denominations.
    These are really nice and cool anyway you look at it ‼️‼️👍🎯👀‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

I agree. I bought my first and think it was part of the same order as my 36 Peace dollar. Liked it so much that I bought this and have never regretted it.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2023 1:32AM

@Nickpatton said:
    I got the 2007 copper Ameros too. Not sure if Dan didn’t have room in his catalog to put all the denominations on his website……… but I didn’t see the seated Liberty (20) Ameros that had the big gear behind her.
    And the 2 Ameros has everything in the catalog pictures……but she’s sitting to the left, instead of the right.
    And on the 1 Ameros has a “(lines)” arch behind her.
    Don’t know if these are different from the ones in the catalog, or Dan just didn’t have room for pictures of all the denominations.
    These are really nice and cool anyway you look at it ‼️‼️👍🎯👀‼️‼️‼️

All five sizes of copper 2007 Ameros have a different obverse design (although all are Seated Liberty).
    I don't show all the designs in the "catalog", but all you need to know to find the right one in the catalog is the denomination (and surface finish).

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

NEW STUFF.... B)

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    NEW STUFF.... B)

Order placed. Dan's been hard on the wallet this month!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter
    And I even looked at 3:30am thinking something was coming but nothing. He had cleaned out some items that were no longer available. Then the Peloton called from the other room. Looks like a bulk-handled event.

• Options

Already selling out. Go the last CC Morgan, and the S Morgan was already gone. Best of luck to all.

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:
    Already selling out. Go the last CC Morgan, and the S Morgan was already gone. Best of luck to all.

I got the last S. I briefly hesitated (quickly came to my senses) and almost lost out.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

Looks like an error in the "catalog" for the 2022-D Peace. Shows that 205 Bulk-Handled were minted but the overall mintage is 175. I am thinking only 20 of these are out there and the 5 was a mistake.

Down to two Peace and one Morgan available. Things moved quickly this morning.

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:
    Looks like an error in the "catalog" for the 2022-D Peace. Shows that 205 Bulk-Handled were minted but the overall mintage is 175. I am thinking only 20 of these are out there and the 5 was a mistake.

Down to two Peace and one Morgan available. Things moved quickly this morning.

Corrected. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Options

Thanks @dcarr The records you keep are outstanding.

These are the first Bulk-Handled coins that I have purchased. Excited to see them. Looks like just the 2022D Peace remains.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, have at it fellas. Love Danny's work but usually don't get the bulk handled. Save a bit of money as I confess that I want a specimen of the US mint's Bristlecone pine gold coin next month.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 43-S is Out for Delivery!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too late for me all gone.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@oih82w8 said:

I was hoping……mine’s still on for tomorrow. Rats!!

• Options
    edited July 27, 2023 9:03AM

Crap. Nevadans that wake up at 8:30am lose out on the bulk handled items. What's that saying.....you snooze, you lose?
    I did, however, see that the HG finished 2022 Peace and Morgan products were available once again.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    steve_richardsonsteve_richardson Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

@robec said:

@oih82w8 said:

Where do you find your tracking info? When I log in to the DC coins website, I can see the status is shipped, but no tracking info?

• Options

@steve_richardson said:

@robec said:

@oih82w8 said:

Where do you find your tracking info? When I log in to the DC coins website, I can see the status is shipped, but no tracking info?

Tracking on mine shows up on USPS informed delivery.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    steve_richardsonsteve_richardson Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

@steve_richardson said:

@robec said:

@oih82w8 said:

Tracking on mine shows up on USPS informed delivery.

I didn’t even think about that! Thank you!

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I got some back at the Denver Expo. All sold out by the time I looked.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2023 9:58AM

I skipped the Bulk and bought a few more HG, only a few left.

• Options

If someone here picked up an extra bulk handled 2022-CC today, and wishes to flip it to me for a profit, please PM me.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

@Mrweaseluv said:

I bought this coin plus a 2022-S Peace and Morgan from Dan.

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Crap. Nevadans that wake up at 8:30am lose out on the bulk handled items. What's that saying.....you snooze, you lose?

Try Hawaii. ;)

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

@SPalladino said:
    If someone here picked up an extra bulk handled 2022-CC today, and wishes to flip it to me for a profit, please PM me.

Limit was 1 per item so shouldn't be too many spares floating around.

• Options

@Nickpatton said:
    This came today. It’s a 2018 Blairstown academy 170th anniversary museum set‼️
    Too kool‼️Dan only 13 museum sets‼️👍
    It has 1 Niobium and 1 Indium medal 👀‼️
    I’m not sure if this is one of the three sets Dan donated to Blairstown ⁉️
    This is really nice, feel really lucky to get it‼️‼️‼️

Those were nice sets, commissioned by Dave Hayes (resident of Blairstown).
    All 13 were in holders like that. With three in museums, one in my collection, and presumably one in Dave Hayes' collection, that leaves about 8 available. So yours is probably one of those 8.

• Options

Thanks Dan, I was very happy when I got this…… very nice ‼️👍🎯Dan’s tha man‼️‼️👍👍👍🎯‼️

• Options
    edited July 27, 2023 2:58PM

@jshaulis said:

@SPalladino said:

Limit was 1 per item so shouldn't be too many spares floating around.

Thank you for the clarification.
    .....sigh

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Placed an order for the '43-S Peace but no change in order status nearly a month later. :|

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    Those were nice sets, commissioned by Dave Hayes (resident of Blairstown).
    All 13 were in holders like that. With three in museums, one in my collection, and presumably one in Dave Hayes' collection, that leaves about 8 available. So yours is probably one of those 8.

Looks like I've got another one of the eight. I bought mine directly from Dave Hayes (fantastic guy, BTW).

He also sold me a Blairstown medal overstruck on a 2018 Silver Eagle (mintage 25). He still has some listed on the Bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125557515292

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba said:
    Placed an order for the '43-S Peace but no change in order status nearly a month later. :|

My last order history entry on Dan's website shows Sep 2021, but I just received my 43-S Peace Dollar.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

I did the same exact thing felinfoel‼️‼️‼️🎯👍👍👍
    I bought one of those 24 minted 2018 silver eagle overstrikes too when I bought my set…… from Dave too‼️‼️👍👍🎯‼️‼️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file