Comments

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭

1943S $ Spotted in the wilds of fleabay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225641511951

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2023 7:11AM

Has the 43 Peace been listed already through D. Carr...or a presale on ebay? Super limited internet at work, slow loading ebay listing.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@Mr Lindy said:
    1943S $ Spotted in the wilds of fleabay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225641511951

I think we now know the "commissioning" party.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2023 8:59AM

That didn't take long..... B) ....from the photos it seems to be a high quality piece.

• Options
    edited June 27, 2023 9:39AM

I like idea of 1943S $ issue. 80th anniversary of something in 2023. WWII Baby birth, marriage, who knows ?
    Whatever the reason I like it !

Makes me want a 1955S PEACE $ as its last one possible before San Francisco Mint shuttered for 9+ years.

• Options
    edited June 27, 2023 9:30AM

Yep... it's already sold on ebay.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@Mr Lindy said:
    I like idea of 1943S $ issue. 80th anniversary of something in 2023. WWII Baby birth, marriage, who knows ?
    Whatever the reason I like it !

Flipping the extras on ebay?

• Options
    edited June 27, 2023 10:29AM

If the 43S were mine, I would have kept it.

Which is not unusual as I have yet to thin my Carr herd acquired from 2012 till now.

I learned decades ago to buy only what I like for kicks & not for flips.

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2023 8:02PM

Can’t find it on Dan’s minted items‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see "DC" anywhere. I see other initials though.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

And a few old things DC is selling on consignment :smiley:

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

43S Peace dollar at MM

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:

@drfish said:
    43S Peace dollar at MM

Snagged a couple! Didn't realize Dan did consignment, how do you know it's not old stock?

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

@jshaulis said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@drfish said:
    43S Peace dollar at MM

Snagged a couple! Didn't realize Dan did consignment, how do you know it's not old stock?

In the description of the items being sold DC states they are a consignment offering.

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:

@jshaulis said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@drfish said:
    43S Peace dollar at MM

In the description of the items being sold DC states they are a consignment offering.

👍 guess I should have red the description instead of looking at the photos. Appreciate it!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed that the 2022 Morgan products are all now "out of stock".

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2023 11:56AM

@SPalladino said:
    I noticed that the 2022 Morgan products are all now "out of stock".

I feel like that happened a couple of days ago. With the new release a couple of the 1801 and 1808 cents are back in stock which I think where from his May release.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my order in for the 1943-S Peace Dollar

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    SatchmoSatchmo Posts: 10 ✭✭

Thanks for the heads up on the 43 S guys!!

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one. Not sure how anyone got a couple since the limit was 1 per person.

Here is the link.
    (Final HG mintage is 147.)

• Options

@alefzero said:
    I got one. Not sure how anyone got a couple since the limit was 1 per person.

Here is the link.
    (Final HG mintage is 147.)

I got a couple of the different offerings, only 1 of each that I got.

• Options

UPS & ANACS have opened an investigation on 33 coins that were signed for (not by me) and delivered on July 3rd (not received). In the meantime, here are the cert #'s to look for,...thank you.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@D808LF said:
    UPS & ANACS have opened an investigation on 33 coins that were signed for (not by me) and delivered on July 3rd (not received). In the meantime, here are the cert #'s to look for,...thank you.

That's terrible, I can't imagine what you're going through.
    Sure hopes it ends well for you.

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭

That sux bro‼️‼️Maybe one of your relatives signed for them………. I’ve had that happen, and the relative forgot to tell me, hope you get them back‼️‼️🎯🎯🎯👍👍

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@D808LF said:

Oh no. That sucks. I'm so sorry to read this. Not unlike @pcgscacgold 's experience with some incredible DC items. Will keep an eye out for the cert #s.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

@Nickpatton said:
    That sux bro‼️‼️Maybe one of your relatives signed for them………. I’ve had that happen, and the relative forgot to tell me, hope you get them back‼️‼️🎯🎯🎯👍👍

I've gone that route already, no joy. Thx though.

• Options

@D808LF
    I hope they find them somewhere. Mine ended up on Ebay. UPS was awful to work with for my DC items. I only allow USPS now for all shipments.

• Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    I'm surprised that the 43-S Peace Dollar is still available on Dan's site.

No longer available on Dan's site:

• Options

@D808LF said:

Sorry this happened to you. Do you know your UPS driver? If so, talk to them on their next delivery to you or your neighborhood. Hope your items can be found and delivered to you soon.

• Options

@TopcatCoin said:

@D808LF said:

Sorry this happened to you. Do you know your UPS driver? If so, talk to them on their next delivery to you or your neighborhood. Hope your items can be found and delivered to you soon.

I don't know the driver; they drop off and leave so quickly. Drivers usually have an area that's theirs - I find it difficult to comprehend a driver could continue to drop-off at my residence thereafter,...IF that's what happened.

• Options

@D808LF said:

@TopcatCoin said:

@D808LF said:

I don't know the driver; they drop off and leave so quickly. Drivers usually have an area that's theirs - I find it difficult to comprehend a driver could continue to drop-off at my residence thereafter,...IF that's what happened.

It says UPS delivered on 7/3, and there may have been a substitute driver in your area due to the 4th holiday. I'm not insinuating anything nefarious by your regular driver, but looking to see if a sub driver may have delivered it to the wrong address. Again, hope they find it.

• Options
    zomrhinozomrhino Posts: 24 ✭✭

@D808LF said:

Sorry this happened. UPS will have the exact time and GPS location when the items were signed for. I had a package delivered to the wrong address while I was home (received the delivery alert on my phone)I. I immediately called customer service and they confirmed it was dropped off at a residence a couple streets over. Dispatch called the driver and the package was returned. Don’t accept “the package was delivered and signed for”

• Options

@zomrhino said:

@D808LF said:

Sorry this happened. UPS will have the exact time and GPS location when the items were signed for. I had a package delivered to the wrong address while I was home (received the delivery alert on my phone)I. I immediately called customer service and they confirmed it was dropped off at a residence a couple streets over. Dispatch called the driver and the package was returned. Don’t accept “the package was delivered and signed for”

I wish I had a quick response as you. It's been 4 days. I call, I even drove 20 miles to the airport, the main customer service on the island, nothing. I said I could find out what happened in minutes; let's talk to the driver. The rep said that's not how it's done - all investigations begin in Atlanta (5,000 miles away).

• Options
    edited July 9, 2023 6:23PM

Hopefully the 43-S Peace Dollars are being prepared for shipment.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

Looking forward to the shipment.

• Options

@oih82w8 said:

The 1943-S and 2022 Peace Dollars are now OOS.

• Options
    edited July 10, 2023 9:31AM

@D808LF said:

@oih82w8 said:

The 1943-S and 2022 Peace Dollars are now OOS.

Since 05 July, the 43-S have been out of stock.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file