Home Sports Talk
Options

The official Philadelphia Eagles 2023 thread - road to the Super Bowl

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys … Barf 🤮

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

It’s 17 - 17, but Eagles need to play better than this against mediocre competition.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Now down by 24 - 17 Washington. What is it about this team?

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

Their one minute drive forcing the Redskins to use zero timeouts may have been the worst football I've ever seen. I'm not saying that they're trying to lose, but trying to lose would look exactly the same.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing comeback win for this Eagles team. Even though the circumstances didn't favor them.

Clearly this is a team that hates to lose, and wants another shot at the Super Bowl.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Amazing comeback win for this Eagles team. Even though the circumstances didn't favor them.

Clearly this is a team that hates to lose, and wants another shot at the Super Bowl.

I would be a lot happier if they took charge early against a team like this and finished it without the heroics. If you screw around with good teams, you probably won’t come back. That’s how the Eagles lost the Super Bowl. That game was very winnable.

• Options

I've been an Eagles fan since the late 80s and it's finally paid off. It was hard seeing them make many division champship games without a Superbowl win as a kid. This decade has been enjoyable to say the least. The Green has much better since the 90s.

• Options

@JolleyWrencher said:
    I've been an Eagles fan since the late 80s and it's finally paid off. It was hard seeing them make many division champship games without a Superbowl win as a kid. This decade has been enjoyable to say the least. The Green has much better since the 90s.

Yea it's ironic isn't it? The one Super Bowl that we won, was perhaps the most unlikeliest of them all.

I mean a lifelong second tier quarterback, gets out of his mind hot, not just in the Super Bowl but the two playoff games leading up to it.

It's entirely arguable that the Eagles starting QB who got injured, wouldn't have done nearly as well, and thus there would be no Lombardi Trophy in the Eagles cabinet if the starter would have been at the helm.

Of course the Eagles had been so incredibly snake bit in other seasons of which on paper they should have coasted to a Super Bowl win. So I guess it evened out in a crazy way in that season.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2023 12:50AM

Speaking of paper...Still got confetti from 2017 . ...Litter bugs (and I don't care) gave me a reason...Ya, ya that's it.
    Never surrender !
    Well done gentleman.
    E A G L E S (spell check ?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@JolleyWrencher said:

Yea it's ironic isn't it? The one Super Bowl that we won, was perhaps the most unlikeliest of them all.

I mean a lifelong second tier quarterback, gets out of his mind hot, not just in the Super Bowl but the two playoff games leading up to it.

It's entirely arguable that the Eagles starting QB who got injured, wouldn't have done nearly as well, and thus there would be no Lombardi Trophy in the Eagles cabinet if the starter would have been at the helm.

Of course the Eagles had been so incredibly snake bit in other seasons of which on paper they should have coasted to a Super Bowl win. So I guess it evened out in a crazy way in that season.

I don't remember you winning a SB. 🤔

• Options

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

• Options

Big game today against the Dallas Cowboys. A team whereby I always wish them the very best of luck.

But I also wish that late one night when nobody is in their stadium, a gigantic sinkhole suddenly swallows up the entire structure, never to be seen again. That would provide me tremendous joy.

However since that probably is not going to happen, the next best thing would be to kick their pompous, arrogant, oil-rich arzes today at the Linc.

I see this game as a tale of two quarterbacks. Both are talented, but both can be inconsistent.

I wish I had access to their bio-rhythms coming into this game. But I don’t. However I do know that whichever QB’s bio-rhythm is better, that team will likely win the game. How’s that for the worst analysis in NFL sports fan history?

Go Eagles!!!!!

• Options

Dak Prescott couldn’t carry Jalen Hurts' jockstrap.

• Options

I just emailed today's game strategy to Nick Sirianni as I do before every Eagles game. Nick always promptly emails back a thank you.

For this game, I told him to get an early lead, and improve on that lead throughout the game. He agreed and stated that he will comply with my request.

• Options

That's what I'm talkin' about!

• Options

Lively game thus far.

• Options

Crazy end of game antics, but the Eagles held on.

8-1, not bad at all. 👍

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the eagles 🦅

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the Eagles. I am really starting to like Jalen Hurts. The man is about as tough as they come. You can tell his left knee is really bothering him. In fact, after that low hit and watching him limp off the field, I thought it was a day for him. But no, he marched right out and didnt miss a play. That is tough. He doesnt complain either, at least not that I have heard. I just wish we could see him completely healthy. I think a healthy Hurts last year in the SB leads to a different conclusion.

I may not be an Eagles fan, but I sure am becoming a Jalen Hurts fan!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

• Options

Well no Eagles game this week. So I thought I’d spend a relaxing day bird watching.

Just took a pic of this bird, i’ve never seen before. Must have came from New York City.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol
    Article: Eagles release 51-year-old former first-round pick
    https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2023/11/eagles-release-51-year-old-former-first-round-pick.html

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    Lol
    https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2023/11/eagles-release-51-year-old-former-first-round-pick.html

that is fantastic. And I thought Tommy played for NE for a long time.

So is 29 years now the record for longest tenure with one team?

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    Lol

He's now a spokesperson for the cannabis industry pitching marijuana. Touting the benefits such as losing your job, and then you won't have to work any longer, and you can sleep until noon.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@countdouglas said:
    Lol

that is fantastic. And I thought Tommy played for NE for a long time.

So is 29 years now the record for longest tenure with one team?

I forgot all about him. The Eagles have had so many first round busts over the years, that I try to forget. 😐

Kevin Allen, I forget the exact spot, is on many lists as one of the worst first round busts of all time.

• Options

Getting closer to game time with the Chiefs.

I'm stepping out quickly to the pharmacy, to pickup an extra bottle of nitroglycerin pills in case I need them - the extra large bottle, quart size. 💊

• Options

@stevek said:
    Getting closer to game time with the Chiefs.

I'm stepping out quickly to the pharmacy, to pickup an extra bottle of nitroglycerin pills in case I need them - the extra large bottle, quart size. 💊

cant wait for this game!!

I have also been heading to the pharmacy regularly before Patriots games. For me, its mostly Mylanta and Rolaids.

• Options

Nice sack to start the game.

• Options

What is this, sack night?

• Options

Could be the last team with the football at the end of this game, wins the game?

• Options

Eagles are getting more pressure tonight than they did in February

• Options

looks like a fumble by KC on the pick. we shall see

• Options

nope, he was touched down. didnt see it at first

• Options

Interception fest. 😆

• Options

yup, one for each. mahomes throwing off the back foot. couldnt get enough on the throw

• Options

Not looking very good at halftime.

• Options

Eagles cant get anything going on offense.

• Options

Hope.

• Options

a huge win for Philly.

fly eagles fly right @stevek

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Eagles - Better send "Gift Cards" to the KC receivers dropping all those passes

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Heckuva good football game.

Eagles D gave-up no points in the second half. 👍

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eagles beat the Chiefs this evening now can they do it when it counts in the Super Bowl if they match off again.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on beating the Chiefs last night @stevek, as a fake Cowboys fan I'm happy for you. No really, nice win, good job.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome game.

Congrats @stevek

• Options

No really, nice win @stevek, I'm happy for you, I'm not concerned at all about the Cowboys chances after last night, good job buddy.

• Options

that was a great game last night. I stayed up and watched the whole thing. I was glued to the TV. It is about time one of the biggest games on the schedule lived up to its billing.

now, its going to be a tough day to stay up at work after the late night... Thanks alot patrick mahomes and jalen hurts!!!

• Options

@craig44 said:
    that was a great game last night. I stayed up and watched the whole thing. I was glued to the TV. It is about time one of the biggest games on the schedule lived up to its billing.

now, its going to be a tough day to stay up at work after the late night... Thanks alot patrick mahomes and jalen hurts!!!

Hey I admit it, I thought the Eagles were beat at halftime. Besides being behind in the score, and trying to come back at Arrowhead against the reigning Super Bowl champs, the flow of the game just wasn't going the Eagles way.

But then the Eagles offense did just enough. And the Eagles D was superb, although with help from some dropped passes by the Chiefs.

• Options

I do hope you'll watch us gobble up Washington today @stevek, Happy Thanksgiving!