The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭

Jackpot!!!

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast
    Nice haul! I tip my hat off to you not only for the find of a live time, but remembering Ricko!

Ricko would always give me a Like when I posted on Coin Star finds! Nice job!!

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭

That’s Terrific! What a great day you had, Congratulation's!

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

So educate me. I've had zero experience with an coinstar's. These machines reject silver??

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    So educate me. I've had zero experience with an coinstar's. These machines reject silver??

Yes indeed. They reject foreign, damaged coins and silver based on weight and coin size. There is a reject bin that stuff drops into and some users neglect to check that before leaving to redeem their receipt for their deposited coinage.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

@OAKSTAR
    @nwcoast
    In addition, the CS machine will also reject too many coins being inserted too fast, so you can find quarters, dimes, nickels, etc with no issues... But yes, silver is the BEST!

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that guys!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

I have been looking at all four locations in my area and have still not found a single coin. The only thing I can think of is someone gets there before I do. Early bird catches the coins I guess! I will keep on though as persistence will always eventually payoff.

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360

Greats score! Love to see it!
    Congratulations! :-)

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

Shut out again today, sure do stare at that hidden catch compartment a lot now that I know it’s there. My imagination goes wild wondering what’s behind that keyed in area!!!

• Options

We checked one of our coinstars today. Nothing, but my wife found 5 Lincoln’s throughout the checkout lane and walking out of the store. She’s an eagle eye for coins on the ground that’s for sure. And she isn’t afraid to pick them up either. She sure is a keeper!

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Long time since I've found anything. Chewed up silver Canadian dime among 22c.

Just so you know, the chewed up Canadian dime is .800 fine silver.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2023 4:04PM

What some people do to coins never cease to amaze, ghostly Jefferson... No silver lol

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what's going on, but in the last week, I found $2.50 in modern U.S coinage, three Canadian quarters and a Canadian dime. I live near a large international airport, so I can understand the foreign coins. And maybe I could understand someone leaving something like a Mercury dime in the till, because he / she might not know what it is.
    And maybe there's one odd coin that someone forgot to pick up or didn't see.

But I don't get the people who don't bother even to look to see what's there.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today’s find.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options

Over about a year of searching, I have found three silver dimes: 1919, 1942-S, and 1964-D, as well as several foreign coins and a few dollars worth of random change.

• Options

Also, does anyone have an opinion on asking the desk clerk to check the internal reject bin?

• Options

@SaorAlba said:
    This is an accumulation of finds over the last week:

$2.49 in US, 51c in Canadian, a carwash token - a 1946 Dime and a 1963 quarter.

Great job!

• Options
    mepotmepot Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Looks like the local Publix coinstar does not like wheats?!?
    All from the 1930's, and one Canadian 1982 dime.

computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.
  • Options
    mepotmepot Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Also, to CRHer, I dumped some metal detecting pennies in a coinstar one time, and it locked up the machine.
    The clerk opened the machine, and started dumping the rejects in the trash!!!
    I stopped him, and collected what was left.
    I ended up with a couple Ike dollars, and some other random coins.

You might bring in some bent coins and dump them in, and hope it locks it up?!?!
    Worth a try. :*

computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.
  • Options

That might work, I have some metal detecting coins, but if it doesn't jam, then I have to pay the fees.

• Options

The 2023 streak is complete! No shutouts, 1946 Philly Rosie, 1st year of issue...

• Options

Yesterday: zincoln on grill, and dime in the slot.

• Options

Yesterday: a single zincoln on the ground, but as I walked by, I glanced in a small, nearby trash can, and lo and behold, 8 more stuck together cents! I quickly grabbed them and took off. The nearby cashier probably thought that I was crazy, but I was very pleased.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

1934 wheat cent. First find in a while.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file