Home U.S. Coin Forum

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found 87c in regular pocket change the other day. First time I've ever found anything after checking probably 20-25 times.

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    Hard to believe yet true, 3 days straight with silver finds. This time Nob-Hill store coming back from haircut, 2 quarters, a 41 and 52, both Philly, plus, not1, not 2, not 3, but 4 Wheat cents which one was a 1916. Let's hope May continues were April left off, nice ending!!

That’s interesting to be finding so much silver. Must be something going on to get people to cash in there silver coins in a coinstar rather that take them to a dealer to get at least spot prices.

Went to my local grocery and first looked in the return catch tray. Nothing there so I looked up top and here is what was there. It looks like someone didn’t want there change and just dropped it in the top counter tray. The 2005 Lincoln cent has a little toning to it.

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Conshyboy said:

All foreign coins today the Welsh coin with edge lettering is cool

That £ is worth over $2 I believe.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

I found a 64-d dime, car wash token, and 32c in pocket change today at Kroger.

• sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Went to the store and received a 1964 Nickel in
    mint condition. It is PL and I initially thought it
    was a Proof. But with a D mintmark it may have
    come out from a mint set - very nice clean coin,
    very sharp strike with nice mintmark registration,
    and with light blue to rainbow toning.
    Enjoy !
    Here it is - - -

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up just under $4.00 plus a couple of foreign coins at the local Walmart. No silver and nothing of interest. First time finding something in several weeks. With what I have accumulated over time, I need about $5.00 more and will be able to take wifey out to dinner, courtesy of coin star.

Found 2c and a chinese 1 jaio.

Got $0.88. Twice in a row!

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first find in a couple of months, 30 cents, but I will have to travel to spend it.
    A Cuba 25 centavos 2006 and a Canada 5 cents 1975.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2024 11:50AM

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Ok, so I started looking at these more often. I've found about a dollar in change, a silver dime, and a chinese coin, which was 4 separate finds in about 20 tries. So a 20% find rate of at least something (one find was 2c). Is 20% normal?

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    Ok, so I started looking at these more often. I've found about a dollar in change, a silver dime, and a chinese coin, which was 4 separate finds in about 20 tries. So a 20% find rate of at least something (one find was 2c). Is 20% normal?

That’s good. I probably average about 10%, except the past week and in December.(Think Christmas)

My Walmart this morning. I have been coming up empty the last few weeks until today.

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

After a long dry spell a British 5 Pence today. WooHoo!

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2024 7:03AM

Left side is from the Mexican store, right is Nob-Hill, no silver but a 1956 Wheat cent and change....

• TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:
    After an EXTREMELY long dry spell, the reject bin was flush today. $3.05, including two 1964 Kennedy halves!!!

PICS or it DIDNT HAPPEN!!!!

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TorinoCobra71 said:

@mbogoman said:
    After an EXTREMELY long dry spell, the reject bin was flush today. $3.05, including two 1964 Kennedy halves!!!

PICS or it DIDNT HAPPEN!!!!

As you wish...

Found 2c and a car wash token today. :|

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 cents, I didn’t bother to pick them up.

@Smudge said:
    2 cents, I didn’t bother to pick them up.

Leave no coin behind....

@jmb said:
    Never find anything ... last night wife had to run into Walmart to pick up photo order, checked the coin star, 42 cents, 4 dimes , 2 pennies, one of the dimes was a 64D. Photo order was not ready as order was never processed. Went back this morning, 27 cents, 1 quarter, 2 pennies. The quarter was a shiny 64D. :open_mouth:

Photo's please...

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zilch at Publix this morning. Hoping the dry spell ends soon. Good luck everyone.

• dhikewhitneydhikewhitney Posts: 420 ✭✭✭

68 cents with no obvious reason why it was in rejected

• CregCreg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2024 6:55AM

The teller next to the Coinstar intercepted these (halves and smalls) for me.

One 40% Kennedy, the Ikes are heavily circulated. No speared eagle SACs nor wide-rim Sues.

@Creg said:
    The teller next to the Coinstar intercepted these (halves and smalls) for me.

One 40% Kennedy, the Ikes are heavily circulated. No speared eagle SACs nor wide-rim Sues.

Those were in the coinstar!!??

• CregCreg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2024 12:15PM

She asks the customers to pull them for her. The Ikes go to the tills.

@CRHer700 said:

Those were in the coinstar!!??

@CaptHenway said:

and the Grand Champion dryer coin of all time that anybody would reject:

But Abe abides!

It's a three cent coin!

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway

and the Grand Champion dryer coin of all time that anybody would reject
    Must have used Arm and Hammer soap.
    "Roll Tide" !
    Just a FAB,ULOUS find.
    Cheer's
    That's "all" folks.

@CRHer700 said:
    Lightning strikes twice!
    Same Coinstar, same store, twice in a row! This time it was under the front edge of the machine. This 1963 is my third Coinstar silver of the year and my seventh overall.

Ride a hot steak I always say! Keep searching... Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file