Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****The Official 2023 Morgan & Peace Dollar Two Coin Reverse Proof Set Thread****

Comments

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@Joe_360 said:
    @Goldbully
    I believe this is these numbers:

Thank you, but I was referring to the graded versions.

Much closer to release, after they have the Advance Releases in their hands and see how they are grading. Right now, it would be pointless, both because no one would have an incentive to commit so far ahead of delivery and because they would have to be priced ridiculously high to protect dealers from possible disaster.

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Me personally, I am so happy to be able to enjoy the hobby. Some coins don’t turn out as I expected but it sure is nice to have an opportunity buy beautiful coins.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@124Spider said:
    I apologize for not complaining about the Mint, or attacking another forum member, or generally not whining, but I just wanted to say that I got my two Morgan proofs and two Peace proofs, and I love them. I won't be getting them graded (they look flawless to me), nor will I be selling them in the foreseeable future.

:smiley:

Since you apologized, it's OK.

But don't let it happen again. :D

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still holding on to my 5 set subscription, what are you guys doing?

16 listings on eBay for raw sets from the Mint.

Price range.....$299 - $499 BIN

One of the listings is an auction.....current bid $207.50 with 2 days to go.

eBay link

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan to let it roll on my subscription for two sets.

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

Keeping my order for 5 , if no obvious flaws likely send in to PCGS for grading.

• Options
    edited September 6, 2023 5:59PM

@drfish said:
    Keeping my order for 5 , if no obvious flaws likely send in to PCGS for grading.

Nice to see you posting.

Just checked our forum stats.....you joined in November 2006 and I joined in October 2006.

Who knew?

ps. That's almost 17 years ago!!!!

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

ALL TROLLS TAKE NOTICE:

Don’t be fooled by imitation OFFICIAL THREADS. The real OFFICIAL 2023 Morgan and Peace thread already exists.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    mlittlemlittle Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

What makes a thread "Official"?

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@mlittle said:

Hattrick does it with his mind! :D

• Options

@mlittle said:

Ask Goldbully, he has been doing it for years. It becomes official when posters want one thread to follow for a history of info about a certain topic. It is better than hunting thru numerous threads. *****Official Thread **** designates it as the preferred thread for discussion and sharing of info on a particular subject.

Apparently Goldbully forgot the parameters of the many Official Threads he started.
    Just sayin 😈😀😀😀

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    ALL TROLLS TAKE NOTICE:

Don’t be fooled by imitation OFFICIAL THREADS. The real OFFICIAL 2023 Morgan and Peace thread already exists.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

True, but this one is for the reverse proof set. The other one is for the "loo-ser" proof & unc. set >:)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2023 7:09PM

@OPA said:

@HATTRICK said:
    ALL TROLLS TAKE NOTICE:

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

True, but this one is for the reverse proof set. The other one is for the "loo-ser" proof & unc. set >:)

OPA
    Unfortunately you are 100 % wrong. 2023 Morgan and Peace coins are just that. All 2023 coins.

Also the reverse proof set will sell out to collectors and may have a short lived minimal flip and if the quality is poor who knows.

That being said I have no issue with Goldbully's thread. This is an open forum and anyone can start whatever thread they wish that is within the rules of the forum.

As for Trolls posting stupid and ignorant insults, everyone knows who they are.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2023 7:16PM

@Goldbully said:

@HATTRICK said:

@mlittle said:

Ask Goldbully, he has been doing it for years. It becomes official when posters want one thread to follow for a history of info about a certain topic. It is better than hunting thru numerous threads. *****Official Thread **** designates it as the preferred thread for discussion and sharing of info on a particular subject.

Apparently Goldbully forgot the parameters of the many Official Threads he started.
    Just sayin 😈😀😀😀

I haven't forgotten anything. Most people enjoyed and learned in the "Official" threads I have started over the years. I am not the creator of this genre of threads, it was my predecessors that started them and most forum members loved them.....ask @MilesWaits about the 2009 Ultra High Relief gold coin thread. A lot of these threads start organically and then the "Official" title is added later. Today we have many 'Official' threads and many do great, some don't. We are here to learn and have fun, so let's drop the troll crap and move on. When the reverse proofs start to percolate before November, go ahead and just post in the BIG thread.....fine with me. I just want to enjoy the drama and the stats as they develop.

Goldbully,

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Just pulling your chain. As far as the Trolls, they know who they are and show themselves with their stupid and ignorant insults. You are certainly not one of them as everyone on the Forum knows and respects your postings. I remember MilesWaits thread and you might remember my Gold Kennedy Minted to Demand. Where does it go from here? and who can forget the epic thread for the 5 oz silver pucks. Many of my recent memories are of your Official Threads which have provided a convenient location for much valuable information.

That being said sometimes I just enjoy throwing a little "gas on the fire" I have no issue with your thread as this is an open forum and anyone can post whatever is within the rules of the forum. I will post in your thread about the reverse proofs and have no issue with that. All is good. :)

• Options

To me and many other collectors the uncirculated and proof versions were far from losers. I received three perfect coins of each for my collection and grand kids. I think they are beautiful coins. As for the flippers the mint and the big boys are pretty much making sure your days are over. Slabbed 70s are plentiful at reasonable prices for those who want them. This is the trend of the future.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    To me and many other collectors the uncirculated and proof versions were far from losers. I received three perfect coins of each for my collection and grand kids. I think they are beautiful coins. As for the flippers the mint and the big boys are pretty much making sure your days are over. Slabbed 70s are plentiful at reasonable prices for those who want them. This is the trend of the future.

Ah... aren't the "big boys" actually "big flippers"?

• Options

Actually, just judging from the sales on eBay, the "Big Boys" are the biggest flippers.

• Options

See Goldbully,
    Like cockroaches coming out of the woodwork, a little bait brings the trolls out. “It’s so easy a caveman can do it” 😀😀😀😀

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Ah... aren't the "big boys" actually "big flippers"?

Hmmmm....

• Options
    edited September 8, 2023 4:40PM

@johnny010 said:

Very nice !!! I love shiny silver coins <3 I purchased one of each in PCGS 70 for myself and one of each from the mint for my two grand kids.

• Options

@HATTRICK said:
    See Goldbully,
    Like cockroaches coming out of the woodwork, a little bait brings the trolls out. “It’s so easy a caveman can do it” 😀😀😀😀

Doesn't that make you the troll baiting everyone else?

• Options

This is my last post on the subject. One small bait for me, thousands of appearances by the trolls. no need to say any more as everyone on the forum has their own view of who they are.

• Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2023 8:32AM

Early in the year subscribed for two sets. If I edit the order downwards to 1 set will my subscription be moved to the end of the list?

• Options

@Liquidated said:
    Early in the year subscribed for two sets. If I edit the order downwards to 1 set will my subscription be moved to the end of the list?

No

• Options

@OPA said:

@Liquidated said:

No

@OPA so sure of himself here...........................

• Options

@Liquidated said:

There is no begin or end of the list. If your order is accepted, it is guaranteed to be filled. As far as subscriptions go, there is no FIFO order fulfillment. It is random once they begin, and it is all within a few days, assuming there is no problem with the credit card when they go to charge it.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@Liquidated said:

There is no begin or end of the list. If your order is accepted, it is guaranteed to be filled. As far as subscriptions go, there is no FIFO order fulfillment. It is random once they begin, and it is all within a few days, assuming there is no problem with the credit card when they go to charge it.

What if there were production issues and they didn't manufacture the full mintage? There likely is a beginning and end of the list.

• Options
    edited September 9, 2023 7:20PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Liquidated said:

What if there were production issues and they didn't manufacture the full mintage? There likely is a beginning and end of the list.

What if? In 230 years, has that EVER happened with unfilled, accepted orders that did not exceed the announced, authorized mintage? The Mint is a major manufacturer. They'd find a way to manufacture the full mintage.

There is no beginning or end of anything. For every issue, people report receiving things before and after people who ordered earlier and later. It's got to be the same with subscriptions, i.e, they are not tracking when subscription orders are placed or modified. Because it just doesn't matter. Everyone whose payment goes through is going to have their order filled. Within days from the first to the last.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Liquidated said:

What if? In 230 years, has that EVER happened with unfilled, accepted orders that did not exceed the announced, authorized mintage? The Mint is a major manufacturer. They'd find a way to manufacture the full mintage.

There is no beginning or end of anything. For every issue, people report receiving things before and after people who ordered earlier and later. It's got to be the same with subscriptions, i.e, they are not tracking when subscription orders are placed or modified. Because it just doesn't matter. Everyone whose payment goes through is going to have their order filled. Within days from the first to the last.

They have canceled orders and failed to fill subscriptions. Happened only a couple years ago.

• Options
    edited September 9, 2023 8:47PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Liquidated said:

They have canceled orders and failed to fill subscriptions. Happened only a couple years ago.

Because people exceeded order limits, or because the Mint reduced order limits in order to more equitably distribute? Or because they had production issues and did not make the number they said they would?

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint canceled several thousand 2014 BHOF Gold coin confirmed orders…

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

Why? Because they had production issues and did not mint to the limit? Or because people violated household order limits through multiple accounts and got busted, or what? I just don't remember that, but I do know that I received all that I ordered with no issues.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@cagcrisp said:

Why? Because they had production issues and did not mint to the limit? Or because people violated household order limits through multiple accounts and got busted, or what? I just don't remember that, but I do know that I received all that I ordered with no issues.

The Mint oversold their stated mintage limits. Order’s confirmed early were honored and order’s confirmed later were canceled…

• Options

HHL for the 2014 BHOF Gold coins were 50 so there really wasn’t a need for friends and family at that time…

• Options
    edited September 10, 2023 7:41AM

@cagcrisp said:
    HHL for the 2014 BHOF Gold coins were 50 so there really wasn’t a need for friends and family at that time…

So what was the reason given for the cancellations?

Edit -- sorry, I did not see the earlier response why I asked this question!

• Options
    edited September 9, 2023 11:27PM

@NJCoin said:

@cagcrisp said:

He already told you. Do you ever just admit to being wrong. It's happened. And order of ordering mattered.. jeez

• Options
    edited September 10, 2023 9:32AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@cagcrisp said:

He already told you. Do you ever just admit to being wrong. It's happened. And order of ordering mattered.. jeez

Yes. I admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong. Were those subscriptions that were canceled? No. Were those cancellations due to a production issue that caused the Mint to reject accepted orders while not minting up to their published limit? No.

So sure, it sounds like the Mint's order system glitched by accepting orders it had no right to accept, and it fixed it by canceling those orders, since it could not legally fill them. And yeah, once live ordering goes into effect on release, they can track who is ordering when.

This has nothing to do with tracking the timing of subscription orders, or whether you lose a place in line when you modify an existing subscription. Or not honoring orders because they don't want to mint up to the mintage limit, for whatever reason. So when are you going to admit that you are wrong?

Canceling orders because they are legally unable to fill them is a very different thing from canceling orders because production issues make it inconvenient to fill them. I simply cannot imagine them ever doing that with a valid, accepted order, and I do not believe they have ever done so. So, I am not wrong, and your idle speculation is just that -- provocative, idle speculation.

• Options
    edited September 10, 2023 8:30AM

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

That is your shortest post ever! You should try that more often!😂🤣

I thought better of continuing with our friend.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Good because VB 4 is launching soon and you need to be disciplined against his and the other members with their antagonistic posts!😉

Nicely done!😎

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Good because VB 4 is launching soon and you need to be disciplined against his and the other members with their antagonistic posts!😉

Nicely done!😎

Says the guy who was in jail...

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Nicely done!😎

Yup! Haven't been back since and I don't engage with the members who helped put me there. 😎

I was trying to be nice but if you want to keep poking the bear you do you brother🙄

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Nicely done!😎

Yup! Haven't been back since and I don't engage with the members who helped put me there. 😎

I was trying to be nice but if you want to keep poking the bear you do you brother🙄

I was only kidding

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Nicely done!😎

I was only kidding

....🤣😂

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else pre-flipped these on eBay? I did for one of the 2 that I have on order and since it's been over 90 days I'm not sure how to update the shipping info with the tracking number once the item is finally available. This is only my 2nd item to ever sell on eBay so I'm not at all versed in this and was checking to see if anyone was aware of how to enter in that info. I guess at worst I could message the buyer in the app with the tracking number but I assume it is better to have that documented within the sale itself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file