Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**** 2023 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS OFFICIAL THREAD****

Comments

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket

What a flashback but off track for the thread.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Everything (proof and uncirculated) available this morning.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

Uncirculated gone already.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 260,706 (29)
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK - 40 COIN 330 -
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 305,711 +13,522
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) - 40 COIN 385 + 99
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 258,886 + 2
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK - 40 COIN 338 -
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 285,055 +10,899
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) - 40 COIN 386 +91

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cagcrisp said:
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 260,706 (29)
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK - 40 COIN 330 -
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 305,711 +13,522
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) - 40 COIN 385 + 99
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 258,886 + 2
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK - 40 COIN 338 -
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 285,055 +10,899
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) - 40 COIN 386 +91

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

@SPalladino

Nothing like a spreadsheet to present stats in a neat easy to read and understand format.👍

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alefzero said:
    Got my BU grades in. Only one 69. Dropping off the proofs at Long Beach. I know; the first strike was probably a waste of money, but the compulsion was there.

Awesome results! I get the compulsion to do FS. ON these you're right, I don't think it's worth the money but OTOH I think it's kind of a crime not to.

• Options

PCGS and NGC percent grading 70 update.

The overall rate of 70s for both uncs and proofs look pretty good, but still predominated by the big boy submissions (moreso the proofs than the uncs), with minimum 70 requests. (compare percent of total population graded columns for FDOI+AR versus base label+First Release)
    Collector submissions (First Strike and base label) have a lower rate of 70s than the overall rate (because of the minimum grade 70 dominated FDOI/AR labels). As these collector submissions gain a higher percentage of the total population graded, the overall rate of 70 will drop a bit.
    Peace uncs and Peace proofs tend to have a lower rate of 70 than do the Morgan uncs and proofs.

Although the total number of base label submissions are low, check out the rate of 70s for the base label populations :o

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow PCGS is particularly tough on the proofs base labels so far...

• Options

@ProofCollection said:

@alefzero said:
    Got my BU grades in. Only one 69. Dropping off the proofs at Long Beach. I know; the first strike was probably a waste of money, but the compulsion was there.

Awesome results! I get the compulsion to do FS. ON these you're right, I don't think it's worth the money but OTOH I think it's kind of a crime not to.

Looking at the numbers*, First Strike is garnering a higher rate of 70 than is the base label. IOW, it is perhaps the better option for a collector, despite the cost.

(* the numbers may or may not also indicate: a) better quality coins being submitted via FS than base label, b) low totals at this point, not reflective of the rate of 70s as more coins are graded.)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@spyglassdesign said:
    Wow PCGS is particularly tough on the proofs base labels so far...

agree, but with such a low number graded, the percentage of 70s for the proofs is likely not reflective of the longer term rate.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

Both uncirculated avaliable this morning, the peace in quantity.

• Options

@jshaulis said:
    Both uncirculated avaliable this morning, the peace in quantity.

Morgan gone quickly, Peace available at limited numbers.

• Options

My grandkids "Sydney & Hunter's Seeds of Hope" have a garden in their backyard and grow, sell and donate a variety of vegetables for the local food cupboard for the needy. I have a number of Shiny Silver Coins put away for them as a reward for their caring & generosity. o:) I also enjoy some of their fresh tomatoes.

• Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

I noticed the array or nice proof coins but I just grow San Marzanos and Heirlooms.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least your tomatoes aren't "lemons"!

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    These 2023's are very nice looking, and I did get a couple plus a pre-sale graded 70, but the sandblasted cameos just seem too "modern". I also would like to know how they are actually made. What does the silver planchet look like before striking? Is it sandblasted or polished?

Regardless, I keep looking at this photo, and sure wish the Mint would actually do a "historic" version like the real ones they did 125 years ago. This one just is absolutely stunning, and I sure wish I could afford it. Nothing today seems to even come close.

Put the proof in your pocket with other change and your keys. It will just look like the others!

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

I decided to pick a few out of the garden this morning.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2023 8:39PM

Has anyone seen a TrueView of any of the new Proof or MS Peace and Morgan dollars.

CoinFacts doesn’t show any and so far I haven’t found any Cert numbers that have one.
    You would think with the thousands that have been graded there would be some posted somewhere.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:
    Has anyone seen a TrueView of any of the new Proof or MS Peace and Morgan dollars.

CoinFacts doesn’t show any and so far I haven’t found any Cert numbers that have one.
    You would think with the thousands that have been graded there would be some posted somewhere.

It always takes time for TVs to post.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2023 5:17AM

@robec said:

No, but in the between time here are my Unc 100th Anniversary 2021 Morgan and Peace $1 TrueViews.

Both 70's First Strike

PCGS Price Guide: $285

PCGS Price Guide: $435

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@robec said:

I understand it takes time. Even considering that, with a combined Peace and Morgan MS total of close to 30,000 graded since being released, I thought at least one or two would show up in either CoinFacts or posted in one of the threads.

• Options
    edited August 26, 2023 9:36AM

@robec said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@robec said:

I understand it takes time. Even considering that, with a combined Peace and Morgan MS total of close to 30,000 graded since being released, I thought at least one or two would show up in either CoinFacts or posted in one of the threads.

The only reason I had my 2021 Morgan and Peace TrueViewed was the 100th Anniversary attribution, FWIW.

I doubt we will be seeing a whole lot of TrueViews when there are so many being sold for 2023, although the proofs are a first year issue in well over a century.

.....Just my 2¢

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

2023-S $1 Morgan Dollar First Strike, DCAM (Proof)
    Currently Featuring PCGS Certs: 47199610, 47199611, and 47199612.

2023-S $1 Peace Dollar First Strike, DCAM (Proof)
    Currently Featuring PCGS Certs: 47199613, and 47199614.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2023 3:22PM

I found something pretty cool in a 2023 Morgan/peace dollar box . Should I wait to see if PCGS will certify it before posting it here? I don't think there are any more like it, but it's not impossible.

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    I found something pretty cool in a 2023 Morgan/peace dollar box . Should I wait to see if PCGS will certify it before posting it here? I don't think there are any more like it, but it's not impossible.

PCGS has to have knowledge of what it is to determine their decision to certify it. Might as well post it here to give them a heads up.

• Options

@jessewvu said:

You're secret is safe here.......................talk to me.

• Options

I was going to call and send a picture Monday..

• Options
    SilverPlatinumSilverPlatinum Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

:D PCGS does not certify organic matters.....That has to be published so everyone knows the Quality Control of the mint....

• Options

@MetroD said:

@robec said:

2023-S $1 Morgan Dollar First Strike, DCAM (Proof)
    Currently Featuring PCGS Certs: 47199610, 47199611, and 47199612.

2023-S $1 Peace Dollar First Strike, DCAM (Proof)
    Currently Featuring PCGS Certs: 47199613, and 47199614.

Thank you!!

• Options
    edited August 26, 2023 6:32PM

@jessewvu said:

Calling and talking to a CSR on a Monday is virtually impossible....just sayin'

• Options
    edited August 26, 2023 7:05PM

@jessewvu said:

Did it have a 302 in pen on the label
    Like this

💵💵💵💵💵

I am getting it certified as a
    USPS B70 LATE DELIVERY

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@jessewvu said:

Did it have a 302 in pen on the label
    Like this

💵💵💵💵💵

I am getting it certified as a
    USPS B70 LATE DELIVERY

It had a 302 scratched into the coin!

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@jessewvu said:

Calling and talking to a CSR on a Monday is virtually impossible....just sayin'

I have my own people, on the inside. :D

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

Sent my unopened box of unc peace dollars in. We will see if they call and say there’s a golden ticket inside …..or not.

• Options

Good luck with that 🤞

Most of them were “ randomly inserted” in their big customers orders

• Options

@HATTRICK said:
    Good luck with that 🤞

I’m far from a big customer.

Just sayin’
    😎

• Options
    RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@HATTRICK said:
    Good luck with that 🤞

Just sayin’
    😎

Same Here!!

• Options
    edited August 28, 2023 4:30PM

@Goldbully said:

@HATTRICK said:
    Good luck with that 🤞

Just sayin’
    😎

Engage brain before opening mouth or typing. "MOST" Just sayin' B)

That is how we and many people made a fortune on the Princess Diana Beanie Baby. Ty's promotion said. "For the first month there will only be 12 Princess Diana Bears per location.” People focused on only 12 per store ignoring "first month”
    It created a perceived rarity that enabled us to sell $ 2.50 bears for $250.00 plus.
    Yes only twelve per store the first month then millions after that.

God Bless TY Warner for paying off my mortgage, buying new cars for the family, paying for my daughters college and wedding and many limo trips for wild weekends in Atlantic City.

• Options

@Rockdogz said:

@Goldbully said:

@HATTRICK said:
    Good luck with that 🤞

Just sayin’
    😎

Same Here!!

Ditto above Just sayin' B)

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

w/e 08/27/2023 sales...

2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 260,709 +3
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK – 40 COIN 330 –
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 307,102 +1,391
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) – 40 COIN 360 (25)
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 258,888 +2
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK – 40 COIN 338 –
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 285,405 +350
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) – 40 COIN 377 (9)

• Options

@cagcrisp said:
    w/e 08/27/2023 sales...

2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 260,709 +3
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK – 40 COIN 330 –
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 307,102 +1,391
    2023 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) – 40 COIN 360 (25)
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK 258,888 +2
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR UNC NO MINT MARK – 40 COIN 338 –
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) 285,405 +350
    2023 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR PROOF (S) – 40 COIN 377 (9)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

Speaking of Pinehurst, they have already sold 375, 2023-S Proof $1 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar 2pc Set PCGS PR70DCAM FS Flag Label via eBay.

Pinehurst eBay Link

• Options
    edited August 29, 2023 6:43PM

@Goldbully said:
    Speaking of Pinehurst, they have already sold 375, 2023-S Proof $1 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar 2pc Set PCGS PR70DCAM FS Flag Label

They have a wide assortment of labels for the uncirculated and proof coins and a few golden tickets certified on their website as well as EBay

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2023 9:40AM

Well, my order of my unopened box of uncirculated Peace Dollars arrived at PCGS and is in the system. I didn’t receive a call about a golden ticket so I guess I’m going to get the grade I get.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file