Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****The Official 2023 Morgan & Peace Dollar Two Coin Reverse Proof Set Thread****

Comments

• Options
    steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

then you have the poor sap whos only option is to buy a picked thru coin just so you can get a perfect 70 jeez buy what you will keep and stop trying to profit off your fellow man

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2023 1:15PM

@steve76020 said:
    then you have the poor sap whos only option is to buy a picked thru coin just so you can get a perfect 70 jeez buy what you will keep and stop trying to profit off your fellow man

What the dang heck are you talking about. How you Gunna make a legit buck. Folks got bills to pay. Glad money is not a problem or necessary for you but most of us have to have it. Would you like me to lose money because of my interaction with hoomans?
    These have been available every day from the mint. You saying the mint picks through the coins?

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

treat people fairly and they more than likely will do the same

• Options

then im not talking to you

• Options

@steve76020 said:
    treat people fairly and they more than likely will do the same

That sounds like that word you can’t spell ( hipo something ) applies nicely to you 😂

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Hippopotamus?

• Options

why do you feel you need to attack someone who doesnt agree with you..

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:
    you guys haveway too much time on your hands.. her mouth looks as if she has a canker sore on lower lip. you guys make fun of the people who subscribe to these from the first post the guy says they will root out all the details yet i see basically each and everyone of you have subscribed to from 3 to 5 sets. does the word hipocrite mean anything to you guys.

What is with you?

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2023 1:49PM

@steve76020 said:

No one attacked you Steve, I very politely disagreed with you in a different thread and then you had to throw a jab about @lermish and I being boyfriends :D , so now I'm just being petty.

• Options

@steve76020 said:

You mean "why do they feel the need to attack someone who attacked them?"

• Options
    edited August 5, 2023 1:53PM

go ahead im here for you but that was a jab at the other dude acting like the cartoon dog trying to get spike to attack. very girlish of him

• Options

telling me i cant spell atacking my intelligence and politely dont go together dan

• Options

next you all will be reporting me to moderators typical arm chair warriors

• Options

@steve76020 said:
    telling me i cant spell atacking my intelligence and politely dont go together dan

You have a valid point. But you did chum the waters.

• Options

very

• Options

@steve76020 said:
    go ahead im here for you but that was a jab at the other dude acting like the cartoon dog trying to get spike to attack. very girlish of him

Girlish? At least you’re consistent. You have insulted most here but that’s apparently not enough. Got to get em with a little manly man jab.

I’m with Dan, let’s be done with this or I’ll turn the cats loose on you.

• Options

NO.
    ( don’t PM me with a threat)

• Options

Regarding subscription quantity for the RP-does anyone here think the mint might not send you your quantity you have active in your subscription-for example cutting back your order from 5 to 3 or 3 to 2 etc. Since this set is going to be in demand didn't they do this with another item a year or so ago?

• Options

Or are you sure to get the amount you have had active for a while

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@steve76020 said:

No one attacked you Steve, I very politely disagreed with you in a different thread and then you had to throw a jab about @lermish and I being boyfriends :D , so now I'm just being petty.

"Not that there is anything wrong with that"...being boyfriends

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

i dont recall threating you in any way i simply said im having a conversation with dan and you chimed in if you are terrified by my comment asking you to stay out of my conversation then im sorry

• Options

@Iamthewalrus53 said:
    Regarding subscription quantity for the RP-does anyone here think the mint might not send you your quantity you have active in your subscription-for example cutting back your order from 5 to 3 or 3 to 2 etc. Since this set is going to be in demand didn't they do this with another item a year or so ago?

Distribution was different then.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@steve76020 said:

Girlish? At least you’re consistent. You have insulted most here but that’s apparently not enough. Got to get em with a little manly man jab.

I’m with Dan, let’s be done with this or I’ll turn the cats loose on you.

Release the kitties........
    https://youtu.be/s6ANjeJh21U

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who let the cats out? Who? Who?

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've checked the US mint site and do not see a price for these reverse proof 2 coin sets. Does anyone have an idea what the price for the 2 coin reverse proof set is going to be? Also, any idea what the mintage # will be? Thanks 😊

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

It’s on the website 250,000 mintage, $185 per set

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found it on my cellphone view only when I clicked on the subscription option.

Next Product in Subscription:

Morgan and Peace Dollar 2023 Two-Coin Reverse Proof Set

Ships November 14, 2023

Subscription Price Breakdown:
    Approx. $185.00 per subscription.

Item Number: NL
    Mintage Limit: 250,000
    Product Limit: None
    Household Order Limit: 5

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    It’s on the website 250,000 mintage, $185 per set

Thanks, I just did not see it.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

• Options

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:
    i dont recall threating you in any way i simply said im having a conversation with dan and you chimed in if you are terrified by my comment asking you to stay out of my conversation then im sorry

Lulz, you realize this is a public forum not your own personal message board don't you...

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they are sold out for the 30th time, there will be many chances to buy these sets before the release date

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Available again today. I think the resale ship might have sailed on these. I still plan on getting a set for my collection, but more than one, maybe not.

I thought the proof release would fire up interest in the set and maybe it has - 250,000 sets may cover everyone who wants one.

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2023 3:03PM

@Orlena said:
    Available again today. I think the resale ship might have sailed on these. I still plan on getting a set for my collection, but more than one, maybe not.

I thought the proof release would fire up interest in the set and maybe it has - 250,000 sets may cover everyone who wants one.

Honestly, I'd wait to see whether these are available from the Mint, in quantity, at 12:01 p.m. on November 15th before declaring the resale ship as having sailed, and would not get too excited just because they momentarily go out of Remind Me status 3 months before that date.

They have been unavailable for months, with the exception of brief bursts of availability that are always, consistently, snapped up. The limited quantity held back for sale on November 14th will sell out very quickly, and they will be winners. You heard it here first.

The 250K will not cover actual organic demand PLUS all the speculation that is sure to accompany the first ever reverse proof Morgan and Peace Dollars. Sales figures for all the 2021s, the fact that they have held their value 2 years later, PLUS sales of the 2023 uncs, PLUS sales of the 2023 proofs, pretty much guarantees this, so I'm not really going out on a limb here.

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

The 250K will not cover actual organic demand PLUS all the speculation that is sure to accompany the first ever reverse proof Morgan and Peace Dollars. Sales figures for all the 2021s, the fact that they have held their value 2 years later, PLUS sales of the 2023 uncs, PLUS sales of the 2023 proofs, pretty much guarantees this, so I'm not really going out on a limb here.

I’m going to agree with this. With the lower HHL, low(er) mintage and the subject matter I think there are more “organic” buyers for this issue.
    I cut back my subscriptions to one of each for the Unc and Pr coins but will wait until the end to reduce the RPs. My thoughts on this involved the exact term “organic “ when thinking about demand.

I believe these will do better in the aftermarket in relation to the previous releases this year. Time will tell.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

all this wait and see - if a bunch of people are holding 5 subs and waiting to the last minute to decide, then the true level of demand could be hidden.

BTW, subs available now

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    The obverse of the 2023 Peace Dollar seems to have some subtle design changes. For example, Liberty's mouth seems to be open wider. Might just be my old eyes.... Cheers, RickO

It's 2023, Liposuction...

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 sets

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Iamthewalrus53 said:

Please elaborate on this.

• Options

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Iamthewalrus53 said:

Please elaborate on this.

The coin I think he's referring to was a special ASE. The subscription was a generic ASE subscription. The limited release had a HHL so they cut back the subscriptions.

This issue has a specific subscription based on its HHL. There would be no need to cut back subscriptions to match.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

When do you think the big guys will be putting prices out there.

If it were me, I'd wait until November, but what do I know?

Example here......
    LCR Coin

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2023 8:32AM

@Goldbully
    I believe this is these numbers:

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    @Goldbully
    I believe this is these numbers:

Thank you, but I was referring to the graded versions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file