Home U.S. Coin Forum

**** 2023 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS OFFICIAL THREAD****

Comments

• ArkieArkie Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    Morgan & Peace subscriptions have shipped. My backorder from yesterday is now processing.

Just looked and my back ordered Morgans now shows processing as well. Guess they needed to do an overnight inventory check after shipping out the batches yesterday. (Fingers crossed)

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UpGrayedd said:
    Both my Morgan and Peace have shipped with expected delivery on Saturday to my PO Box. I haven't ordered anything from the Mint since 2021, and I can't remember. Does anyone know if the Mint requires signature confirmation, because my local post office doesn't have counter service on the weekend.

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Here are the current options for real-time, website purchases:

Do not currently see the signature option in the subscription program:

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2023 7:22AM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@JWP said:
    I have 2 peace dollars and 1 Morgan dolar out for delivery today. My other 2 subscriptions (2 peace & 3 morgans) are still processing.

Sounds like JWP might have 🤠

Nope, just the subscription option. My mint orders come from the Memphs fulfillment center hub.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@UpGrayedd said:
    Both my Morgan and Peace have shipped with expected delivery on Saturday to my PO Box. I haven't ordered anything from the Mint since 2021, and I can't remember. Does anyone know if the Mint requires signature confirmation, because my local post office doesn't have counter service on the weekend.

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html

Here are the current options for real-time, website purchases:

Do not currently see the signature option in the subscription program:

Your going to have to pick it up at the counter. Home delivery is a wee bit different. Sometimes the carrier decides to drop it off at your house.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

They still have the peace dollars available right now just snagged a few

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peace gone.

@Bullsitter said:
    Peace gone.

Not gone. Just “remind me “. 😂🙀🧐

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

So they didn't update my credit card over the weekend and I called immediately yesterday morning to get that updated. Orders showed no problem.

So yesterday they disappeared... But I still have the charges pending. I called today and they said it's a known issue when the order gets updated like that. They said it will reappear shortly. 😬🤞

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Peace gone.

Oh no, sorry about that.

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Your going to have to pick it up at the counter. Home delivery is a wee bit different. Sometimes the carrier decides to drop it off at your house.

OK. I do not have a P.O. Box. So, I defer to your 'experience/expertise' regarding P.O. Box procedures. :)

In my defense, @UpGrayedd specifically asked if the Mint required a signature confirmation. As such, I assumed that this factor was relevant to his particular situation.

• mattnissmattniss Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭

Got upgraded from "back ordered" to "processing" for me today! B)

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Peace gone.

Peace probably not completely gone. The Peace dollars may be back, but peace in the world is totally gone!

• @SPalladino said:
    I guess this is now off topic for this thread: the 2024 subscriptions for the Morgan and Peace uncs are down to 2 and 1550, respectively. The mintage is listed at 275000 again. I imagine that the mint could change their mind on the mintage limit, which, in turn, would change the available subscriptions. But if everything stays unchanged, then it is likely that both will be fully subscribed before 2024. My guess is that the mint will raise the mintage limit for the uncs.

Do you guys think they will lower the limit again for the '24 M&P coins to 3, to allow collectors to get in first? How would that work? Is it worth increasing my subscriptions over 3?

• NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Morgan Dollars shipped today and the Peace is still in processing.

• dpshtdpsht Posts: 14 ✭✭

Both Morgan and Peace Have Shipped for me
    Morgan is being shipped from Texas
    Peace Is Being Shipped From Memphis

• psuman08psuman08 Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

@NorCalJack said:
    My Morgan Dollars shipped today and the Peace is still in processing.

Same here. Morgan is coming from TX.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's going to be the first to actually have these coins in hand and post an image?

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

I may have made a big mistake! My Morgan and Peace dollars are being shipped from China (by boat) from the Wuhan Institute of Virology and Emergency Backup China Mint. Now I'm sacred to even open the box when it comes. If instead of a capsule, it gets shipped in a test tube, I'm screwed.

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Peace dollars shipped yesterday and the Morgans have not. CC was dinged for both.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Peace gone.

They still have the 2021 Liberty high relief gold as "remind me."

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2023 2:46PM

jeffas1974 wins the race!!!!

How does it look in hand?

@RichR said:

Perhaps several pictures please. Thanks 🙏

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jsmiith said:

@HATTRICK said:

Anyone else have an order on backorder ? From today or subscription.

>
    Is it possible the backorder everyone who ordered today? Especially since you were in so early? Maybe -hopefully- clearing the trouble makers out?

Not on mine right now.
    I thought my subscriptions might have gotten messed up, since the first time I did them they disappeared....2nd time showed as TBD up through the night before (2 nights ago), so I ordered 1 of each yesterday morning. Email @ 9:03am PST saying order received. 12:08pm email saying order confirmed.

My 2 subscriptions (peace + morgan) shipped last night (one will arrive Tues and the other Weds).

I just looked at my order from yesterday says nothing about backorder and, under shipping status just says "processing".

So, we shall see. If they did mess up yesterday, I am covered by the subscriptions. If they all still come through, I'm fine with that too...only 1 extra of each from yesterday and I'm sure I can re-home them if needed.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jsmiith said:

@SPalladino said:
    I guess this is now off topic for this thread: the 2024 subscriptions for the Morgan and Peace uncs are down to 2 and 1550, respectively. The mintage is listed at 275000 again. I imagine that the mint could change their mind on the mintage limit, which, in turn, would change the available subscriptions. But if everything stays unchanged, then it is likely that both will be fully subscribed before 2024. My guess is that the mint will raise the mintage limit for the uncs.

Do you guys think they will lower the limit again for the '24 M&P coins to 3, to allow collectors to get in first? How would that work? Is it worth increasing my subscriptions over 3?

Pure conjecture, but I think things worked out quite well for the mint on these uncs. So, I wonder why would they mess with a good thing?
    ....oh yeah....its the mint.
    I imagine they will look at return rates on folks that subscribed to close to or at the HHL. If the returns are high, then that might be a reason for them to reduce the HHL.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@SPalladino said:

I think you should start the official thread for 2024 along with your updates. That should keep you busy for another year. :#

:D
    I'm not sure why I started tracking the subscriptions in the first place (maybe because folks thought that the subscriptions were not filling up and were indicative of this not being a popular issue). It has been entertaining for me, but I see no reason to do the same in 2024, other than to see what happens with subscription reductions for the uncs going into 2024, if any.
    I will complete the tracking for the 2023 proofs. BTW, it appears that the ABPP may have taken order of only about 20,050 of each, instead of the ~40K (10% of mintage) accessible to the ABPP.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@RichR said:

Sorry guys, this wasn’t me getting the coin in hand but instead I wanted to show you all what these were going for in the secondary market as actual sales instead of pre-sales. I get one of the coins tomorrow but I can’t remember which one.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffas1974 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@RichR said:

Sorry guys, this wasn’t me getting the coin in hand but instead I wanted to show you all what these were going for in the secondary market as actual sales instead of pre-sales. I get one of the coins tomorrow but I can’t remember which one.

Why not just look on ebay? [$100 with no place to go but down.]

• jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@jeffas1974 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@RichR said:

Why not just look on ebay? [$100 with no place to go but down.]

Ah, true. I hadn’t checked back ebay since the release yesterday and thought maybe with the somewhat quick sellout that the market might have repriced. I wonder how long there will continue to be a dislocation between the two auction sites?

edited July 15, 2023 4:32AM

Get em while their hot. Both available 👍🏼
    7:30 am est 🤠

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Get em while their hot. Both available 👍🏼
    7:30 am est 🤠

Morgans gone.

Peace available.

Put in bogus order for 99 and it allowed it.

Morgan’s available on eBay. OHP $97😳🙀🤨

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Peace is gone

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS First Strike cutoff is Monday, August 14th.

Of note, both my Peace(Priority) and Morgan(First Class) shipped on Thursday, will have in hand today, Saturday

Does the Mint have priority status with USPS?

I have another Priority USP package coming from Great Collections shipped on that same Thursday, and it won't arrive until Tuesday.

@Goldbully said:
    PCGS First Strike cutoff is Monday, August 14th.

Of note, both my Peace(Priority) and Morgan(First Class) shipped on Thursday, will have in hand today, Saturday

Does the Mint have priority status with USPS?

I have another Priority USP package coming from Great Collections shipped on that same Thursday, and it won't arrive until Tuesday.

That’s a great question. They certainly do a large volume. Maybe 🤔

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are the reverse proofs still available for subscriptions when their mintage is "only" 250,000, compared to 275,000 and 400,000 for the uncirculated which are basically sold out, and proofs which the mintage is too high?

They should look really good, and they may not be minted in 2024 like the others seem to be.

@Goldminers said:
    Why are the reverse proofs still available for subscriptions when their mintage is "only" 250,000, compared to 275,000 and 400,000 for the uncirculated which are basically sold out, and proofs which the mintage is too high?

They should look really good, and they may not be minted in 2024 like the others seem to be.

125,000 of the 2022 type 1&2 ase’s reverse proof set. They haven’t been a big success value wise. Resale and such. Dunno. It’s interesting. From my point of view I’m curious if the Morgan and Peace Dollar will have a desirable effect on collectors. The 2022 Fuji issues are not bad. We’ll see. Thanks 🙏

@Goldminers said:

At the time of this post, the only unavailable M&P subscription was the two-coin RP set.

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/morgan-and-peace-dollar-2023-two-coin-reverse-proof-set-subscription-NL.html

My GUESS - when you saw it available, there were only a handful available . @SPalladino can probably provide more insight regarding recent availability.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I was looking early in the morning so was probably only a few like you point out.
    The 2024 Morgan is still remind me status whenever I look.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a naysayer or doomsayer, and I pre-ordered one of each, but I can see demand and interest falling off a cliff for most of these issues - waaaaaaay too many issued. Well, glad for everybody's enthusiasm!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
    edited July 15, 2023 9:10AM

@7Jaguars said:
    Not a naysayer or doomsayer, and I pre-ordered one of each, but I can see demand and interest falling off a cliff for most of these issues - waaaaaaay too many issued. Well, glad for everybody's enthusiasm!

At under $100 on eBay already I’d say your about right 👍🏼

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2023 9:25AM

Yes the 21 Peace was around that. Now they are $225 in 69.

And those collectors that have the 21 will want the 23 and the 24 etc.

The classic Peace set is relatively easy to accomplish. Add these moderns and it's very attainable. More reason for continued demand.

The 21 Morgans are steady on ebay for $150+. 800K mintage all mints. Again, the collector will want the 23, 24 etc.

The die is cast......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file