Home U.S. Coin Forum

**** 2023 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS OFFICIAL THREAD****

Comments

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    Knowing how I screw things up, I am not clicking on anything in my subscriptions. I won't even open the page to look at them. I checked it a little while ago, and I got the "check your address and CC information" e-mail from the Mint. So, I'm good. The last thing I want to do is click on anything on the subscription page! I might mistakenly cancel all my subscriptions and dump them unexpectedly in someone else's subscription list (and it's not Christmas yet!)..

Buddy
    You sound kinda down in the dumps. Although I hear you about fumble fingers. Done that one bidding Hang in there and I’ll cross my fingers for you and well the cat will do the best he can 🤠🤞🏽

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I reduced my proof orders by 1 each...and I increased the RPs

@RichR said:
    I reduced my proof orders by 1 each...and I increased the RPs

Same here. 1 each uncirculated and proof and for me a stretch of my budget and 2 RP sets. Might as well. As my grandson sez “ do it grandpa, you won’t have to teach me new swear words when the orders open on release day. Besides you have a prescription for what ever you like!😂”.
    Well my prescription is now up to 2 RP sets.
    Kids say amazing things, eh? 🤠

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@JeffM said:
    Knowing how I screw things up, I am not clicking on anything in my subscriptions. I won't even open the page to look at them. I checked it a little while ago, and I got the "check your address and CC information" e-mail from the Mint. So, I'm good. The last thing I want to do is click on anything on the subscription page! I might mistakenly cancel all my subscriptions and dump them unexpectedly in someone else's subscription list (and it's not Christmas yet!)..

Buddy
    You sound kinda down in the dumps. Although I hear you about fumble fingers. Done that one bidding Hang in there and I’ll cross my fingers for you and well the cat will do the best he can 🤠🤞🏽

Gee, thanks! I crossed mine, too! And to be extra safe, I also crossed my.......uh, never mind!

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears that RP subscriptions are done for the day

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

I went in to cut back on my subscriptions - whoops too late - already showing TBD for release date and orders are processing. I hope there ends up being demand for these.

Yes indeed. They are processing.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wrong. The RP is now available 😎

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

bullionexchanges.com

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• 1201reset1201reset Posts: 185 ✭✭

CC show pending charges for each of the uncirculated issues.

• badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

"First Delivery", "Advanced Delivery" ? Looks as though we've reached the absurd zone.

• D808LFD808LF Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭

I 'released' 5 Peace Dollar BU yesterday. Not interested anymore.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• RarityRarity Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful holder (picture from Ebay)

• alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭

Alert. Alert

Just watched utube Silver Wolverine and he says when he called the US mint they said the last day to cancel the UNCs was last Friday and not today. Therefore those who canceled since Friday were not canceled and if you check the subscription page it has TBD which is for 2024 issue.

My friend called the mint and the customer service said the same thing.

I am totally confused
    Does anyone know what is happening

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alohagary said:
    Alert. Alert

Just watched utube Silver Wolverine and he says when he called the US mint they said the last day to cancel the UNCs was last Friday and not today. Therefore those who canceled since Friday were not canceled and if you check the subscription page it has TBD which is for 2024 issue.

I am totally confused

Well if that's the case a lot of us are going to be having much smaller wallets very quickly 😬

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint only processed my One Morgan dollar and not the Peace dollars.

What's up with that? I have 12 on order.

CC hit for one Morgan.

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

CC hit for both Morgan and Peace.

• alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭

Hope they clear everything up
    As the cancelation deadline should be today and not last Friday

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rarity said:

Beautiful holder (picture from Ebay)

Planning on doing some permutations this year myself. I did the same with a number of 2021 coins in the dual coin holder: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQg1EzLGY2jKW84m0QuFvQgwoudu4voItvgnJZkyHCVCOlFkUmGGpZ1p_2L6j1cyRI4hBnuJJ5RbGUE/pub

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

@TopcatCoin said:
    CC hit for both Morgan and Peace.

Same with me.

edited July 10, 2023 2:09PM

@Goldbully said:
    Mint only processed my One Morgan dollar and not the Peace dollars.

What's up with that? I have 12 on order.

CC hit for one Morgan.

Same (1 Morgan, 4 Peace, only the Morgan billed or far and showing on my 'orders' page). I called. They said it will take perhaps another 24-48 hours for all of the subscriptions to be processed into billed orders.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

The mint had originally been reported as saying that at least 10% of the mintage would be held for day of release sales. For the Morgan and Peace uncs, that would be 27,500 each. It looks like there will certainly be more than 30K of each available on Thursday, perhaps more than 40K of each, depending on how many they are holding back for the FUN show, mint on-site sales, and replacement/exchanges.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

One of each charged to my credit card. Thanks 🙏

@alohagary said:
    Alert. Alert

I am totally confused

So you think they are indicating the return for next year. Good catch. I’m thinking that is correct because my annual mint set sez tbd and that’s for next year. Thanks 🙏

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@alohagary said:
    ...if you check the subscription page it has TBD which is for 2024 issue.

So you think they are indicating the return for next year. Good catch. I’m thinking that is correct because my annual mint set sez tbd and that’s for next year. Thanks 🙏

Other evidence (see the sales page for each product) suggests, yes, the uncs may be back 2024 (see screenshot). However, the mint could cancel the "future" subscriptions at their discretion, should the product not be offered or change (eg, if RP set is not offered in 2024, it would be likely that the mint would cancel all standing RP subscriptions going forward into 2024).

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • fathomfathom Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah they're goin' for it. This is the best product since ASE.

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I could be wrong but I believe your TBD for the annual mint set is for this year which is yet to be released at an undetermined date

I do think the TBD indication for the uncirculated dollars indicates a plan - at least at this time - for there to be further annual releases.

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    The mint had originally been reported as saying that at least 10% of the mintage would be held for day of release sales. For the Morgan and Peace uncs, that would be 27,500 each. It looks like there will certainly be more than 30K of each available on Thursday, perhaps more than 40K of each, depending on how many they are holding back for the FUN show, mint on-site sales, and replacement/exchanges.

Unless the 10% includes everything other than online sales. Why hold back inventory that could have been pre-sold, and risk having demand fall off a cliff if they turn out not to be big Day 1 winners?

My guess is that there will not be 27.5K available online at noon on Thursday, and that those that are available will quickly sell out. My other guess is that anyone loading up to flip, because they have been conditioned to do so by other quick sell outs, will be sorely disappointed with MS70s now available for $135 each.

Over 200K have already been very efficiently distributed by the Mint, and they are being offered for resale, graded, at prices regular folks cannot match, let alone beat. There is not a sufficient residual demand to support amateur wannabee flippers this time around, but there will be few enough offered online at noon that they are sure to sell out fast. JMHO.

@smuglr said:
    I do think the TBD indication for the uncirculated dollars indicates a plan - at least at this time - for there to be further annual releases.

Sorry. I was referring to the clad proof set. Released here. I get a couple every year.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Other evidence (see the sales page for each product) suggests, yes, the uncs may be back 2024 (see screenshot). However, the mint could cancel the "future" subscriptions at their discretion, should the product not be offered or change (eg, if RP set is not offered in 2024, it would be likely that the mint would cancel all standing RP subscriptions going forward into 2024).

FWIW, I always thought that the inclusion of 2023 in the name of the 'reverse proof set' was interesting. There are no years in any of the other M&P subscription offerings (i.e., uncirculated, or proof).

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/morgan-and-peace-dollar-2023-two-coin-reverse-proof-set-subscription-NL.html

Of course, future offerings are subject to change.

edited July 10, 2023 5:05PM

@NJCoin said:

@SPalladino said:

Unless the 10% includes everything other than online sales. Why hold back inventory that could have been pre-sold, and risk having demand fall off a cliff if they turn out not to be big Day 1 winners?

The ABPP, to my knowledge, has access to 10% of the total mintage. That's it
    The mint has also been reported to have said that 10% of the total mintage will be reserved for the day of release sales. Two different things. My comment was regarding the latter, not the former.

My guess is that there will not be 27.5K available online at noon on Thursday, and that those that are available will quickly sell out. My other guess is that anyone loading up to flip, because they have been conditioned to do so by other quick sell outs, will be sorely disappointed with MS70s now available for $135 each.

>
    The mint data suggest otherwise WRT the amount that will be available. No disagreement WRT flipping.

Over 200K have already been very efficiently distributed by the Mint, and they are being offered for resale, graded, at prices regular folks cannot match, let alone beat. There is not a sufficient residual demand to support amateur wannabee flippers this time around, but there will be few enough offered online at noon that they are sure to sell out fast. JMHO.

>
    None have been distributed. Offers online to date are pre-sales of "promised" product.
    My comments attempting to provide/analyze mint data have purposely steered clear of flipping conjecture. I don't know why you reply regarding flipping, when I have made no conjecture on the matter. (although I do not disagree)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2023 5:40PM

@SPalladino said:

@NJCoin said:

@SPalladino said:

The ABPP, to my knowledge, has access to 10% of the total mintage. That's it
    The mint has also been reported to have said that 10% of the total mintage will be reserved for the day of release sales. Two different things. My comment was regarding the latter, not the former.

>
    The mint data suggest otherwise WRT the amount that will be available. No disagreement WRT flipping.

>
    None have been distributed. Offers online to date are pre-sales of "promised" product.
    My comments attempting to provide/analyze mint data have purposely steered clear of flipping conjecture. I don't know why you reply regarding flipping, when I have made no conjecture on the matter. (although I do not disagree)

Agreed. I wasn't referring to ABPPs. I was referring to FUN and Mint store allocations. I'll bet you anything they are included in the 10% hold back, and are not on top of it, as they will indeed be "day of release sales."

Also, by "distributed" I meant pre-sold via subscription or to ABPPs. They are already "distributed" insofar as they are already spoken for and in the virtual hands of people who have already lined them up for bulk rate grading and resale.

@alohagary said:
    Alert. Alert

I am totally confused

I cancelled on Sunday, no hit on my cc.

On the Registry side, currently there is the MORGAN AND PEACE DOLLARS 100TH ANNIVERSARY SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (2021); it'll be interesting to see if 2023 Morgan and Peace Dollar will be added to this registry or if 2023 will begin a new registry set.

Of course, GovMint/MCM is offering these coins slabbed, graded, and signed by John Mercanti (the man who has signed 6 billion NGC labels). WTF does Mercanti have to do with the 2023 Morgan and Peace dollars? (However, they did say that the Morgan is his favorite.) I just have to laugh. This guy signs EVERYTHING!

@RichR said:
    [This guy signs EVERYTHING!]

For a fee...I too will sign anything! Toilet paper...no problem...live alligator...you got it!

USED toilet paper?? :o I may have to take you up on that offer!

[USED toilet paper?? :o I may have to take you up on that offer!\

I'll also send you back your OGP!

edited July 11, 2023 11:04AM

Still sounds like a crappy offer 😂😂😂
    Although I shouldn’t poo poo another collectors taste 😂😂😂

@RichR said:
    BTW...you'll probably get a laugh out of this...

Out of the blue, my wife asks...do you need me to help you buy any coins from the Mint...anything coming up?

She usually mans the phone furiously redialing or hitting refresh on the second laptop.

So I explained..."Actually, that's so 2022...they have a new subscription process now...no fuss, no muss!"

So she asked, "You mean no more cursing and throwing shoes against the wall and scaring the dog at noon?"

"That's right...you got it!"

So here's the kicker...she looked dejected and said, "Oh well...I liked helping out..."

I have a solution. Tell her she can hold the toilet paper as you sign it.

[I have a solution. Tell her she can hold the toilet paper as you sign it.]

Actually, she'll run your credit card!

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2023 5:06AM

CC dinged for both

Here’s some fun facts and food for thought, this morning.
    The W proof 2023 is now unavailable, mintage a gazillion
    The congratulations set, mintage 40,000( I know the only difference is $2 and some fancy packaging, but they command a premium over regular proof W’s). Red button all bright and shiny. Available? YUPPERS Alrighty now what were we talking about, potential flip. Maybe 🤔

CC just hit for 12 Peace $1's.

Tomorrow noon should be interesting.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2023 8:23AM

Two things of note. I have an order posted for 2 Morgans when I reduced to 1 on Sunday which leads me to believe the cutoff was processed on Saturday or even Friday as someone else has said.

Also stock level for the Morgan now shows as 46,160. Could this be the amount available at 12:00 tomorrow ?

Pease stock level shows 181,633. As My Peace order does not show yet, I assume they are still processing them and stock level has not been updated.

Tomorrow will tell however, remember that box of chocolates thing. B)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

@HATTRICK said:

Also stock level for the Morgan now shows as 46,160. Could this be the amount available at 12:00 tomorrow ?

Peace stock level shows 181,633. As My Peace order does not show yet, I assume they are still processing them and stock level has not been updated.

Tomorrow will tell, however remember that box of chocolates thing.

I concur with your numbers. Looking forward to Thursday Noon time. 😉

We’re in for watching. Good luck everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file