Get em. They’re up and available

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgan went quickly. Peace dollar available

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgan lasted less than a minute....

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, saw that too. Grabbed a Peace Dollar, but the Morgan was gone too quickly!

The Peace has blinked out again...

Peace dollar done. Plenty of time to get one

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

That first 200 certificate is interesting. I’m not a flipper but perhaps the best way to get a short-term profit is to flip your unopened mint sealed box.

@TopcatCoin said:
    That first 200 certificate is interesting. I’m not a flipper but perhaps the best way to get a short-term profit is to flip your unopened mint sealed box.

Seems like a long shot. Checked eBay and didn’t see any, yet🤠

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would any of the bulk dealers get a 1 of 200? Subscriptions vs. opening day sales?

Many happy BST transactions
  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@Goldbully said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    One of 200, that is a unique surprise. Which one was it, or was the card loose in the box?

Just the way you see it in the pic above. It was inserted into the box cover of that coin.

Oh I see, it was tucked into the cover. I’m curious to see how many others get this card. Coingratulations!

Technically 199 😉

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    Would any of the bulk dealers get a 1 of 200? Subscriptions vs. opening day sales?

Good question...I would hope not.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

I just love these coins! IMO, they are the most classically beautiful coins ever created by the Mint. I am giddy excited to get these coins and will excitedly continue to collect them.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Flag label but the Blue label ain't bad either.

Which do you prefer?

The Flag label.

flag label is more sought after with future buyers and brings more premium.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Flag.

Bought the Flag Set, get 'er over with.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    Opened my box of 12 Peace $1's and found this little note.

From which shipping center did your box originate? Memphis or Texas?

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

@SPalladino said:

@Bullsitter said:
    I like the Flag label but the Blue label ain't bad either.

Which do you prefer?

I prefer the look of the blue label. Not a fan of special labels. That said, I would actually prefer whichever I could get for the lowest acquisition cost.

Both were the same price.
    He has sold 101 Flag labels and 1 Blue Label.

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK so my subs shipped late due to cc issues, which also apparently caused the orders to no longer show under my account. I got shipping notifications by text (no emails), for 2 orders a couple days ago. One was 1.9 lbs and the other 4 lbs so that was concerning... One from Texas and one from Louisville Kentucky. I hadn't heard anyone here reporting shipping from KY so that was confusing.

Turns out they are the subscription orders after all, after calling the mint since I had no other way to verify anything as the lookup option by number and email failed and they weren't showing on my account page. Additionally one of the links came through as usps even tho it's a ups number.

Box of chocolates!

Current sales pages stocklevels for the 2023 Morgan and Peace dollars.

Weird accounting.
    For the proofs, it appears that they are listing day of release holdbacks and subscriptions combined into what is available to be sold on August 9. That leaves 20,050 that are not currently available as stocklevel. This may be the number procured by the ABPP (which is half the 40,000 that the ABPP technically cap out at).
    For the RP set, it seems to be the other way around. Sales page stocklevel 57,834. Maybe ABPP + day of release holdbacks? (DoR holdbacks and ABPP maximum allotment figures to be about 50,000)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

So when do the 200 "special" COAs for the Morgans become known?

Because you just know they're also out there!

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

@Goldbully said:

Memphis.

edited July 16, 2023 12:06PM

@Goldbully said:

@SPalladino said:

@Goldbully said:

Memphis.

Thank you. I wonder if these "Congratulations, X of 200" cards were only shipped out of Memphis.
    My 1x Morgan was shipped from Texas. My 4x Peace was shipped from Memphis.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • MtW124MtW124 Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up very early once the subscription was offered and 3 were the maximum. I missed out on the 2021 D because I didn’t checkout fast enough. I put those in my box and went to order the others. By the time I went to checkout they were out of my box and it said unavailable. So that being said, I truly like the subscription. I don’t really like the idea that they made the maximum 25. I’m guessing they just don’t want to take a chance of them sitting there stagnant for awhile as people will decide not buy them like the 2021 silver Liberty. I think they like quick sellouts. Just my opinion.

Anyone hear anything about peace dollars with signing certs? Maybe 🤔

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@Goldbully said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    One of 200, that is a unique surprise. Which one was it, or was the card loose in the box?

Just the way you see it in the pic above. It was inserted into the box cover of that coin.

Oh I see, it was tucked into the cover. I’m curious to see how many others get this card. Coingratulations!

No, only 199 others will get a card! o:)

BST references available on request

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2023 1:21PM

It is most likely that all Peace were shipped from Memphis and all Morgan’s from Texas. That leaves the question of where are orders that include both coins are shipped from :o

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2023 1:28PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

It's Possible...she's signed other items. Of course, it would have been nice to have known beforehand and if they advertised it...thus hyping it up even more.

Do you have any of those Congratulations sets still unopened??? Maybe you have a gem awaiting!
    (although, I think the signing below was just a unique signing opportunity at a show, after the fact...just trying to drive sales).

E-Bay ---> 2023 W PROOF SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE $1 CONGRATULATIONS SET, SIGNED Ventris Gibson

BST references available on request

Many of these coins will be delivered tomorrow . It will be interesting how many certificates are reported and if there are any in the Morgans.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

@Martin said:
    To me I don’t put value on a first strike label. For these two coins as pictured I prefer the plain blue label. If I we’re to buy one it wouldn’t matter to me what label it was, it’s about the coin to me in this case.

That’s just me
    Martin

some day it will be sold. Which do you think will bring a better premium?

@HATTRICK said:
    It is most likely that all Peace were shipped from Memphis and all Morgan’s from Texas. That leaves the question of where are orders that include both coins are shipped from :o

I believe they may ship separately. Well, at least with subscriptions at least they did so if any orders on day off had both I'd assume the same.

Either way my peace will be here tomorrow and I'll report if there are any such cards.

• MartinMartin Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Martin said:
    To me I don’t put value on a first strike label. For these two coins as pictured I prefer the plain blue label. If I we’re to buy one it wouldn’t matter to me what label it was, it’s about the coin to me in this case.

That’s just me
    Martin

some day it will be sold. Which do you think will bring a better premium?

I’m guessing the flag label.

There seems to be a market for the first strike and that’s ok I’m just not a believer of the first strike label. For obvious reasons.

Martin

@HoneyMarket said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

It's Possible...she's signed other items. Of course, it would have been nice to have known beforehand and if they advertised it...thus hyping it up even more.

Do you have any of those Congratulations sets still unopened??? Maybe you have a gem awaiting!
    (although, I think the signing below was just a unique signing opportunity at a show, after the fact...just trying to drive sales).

E-Bay ---> 2023 W PROOF SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE $1 CONGRATULATIONS SET, SIGNED Ventris Gibson

Oh my. I do have a congratulations set from this year. I’ll dig it out and look. Thanks 🙏

edited July 16, 2023 3:38PM

Magic Mike says only 40% of their Peace coins graded MS70
    I missed the beginning part about the Morgans

Nope. Got a really beautiful coin but no signature except for the printed one. Thanks
    Ofcourse they’re still available so that’s where the signed ones are 😂

@HATTRICK said:
    I missed the beginning part about the Morgans

Yikes...

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Nope. Got a really beautiful coin but no signature except for the printed one. Thanks
    Ofcourse they’re still available so that’s where the signed ones are 😂

It looks like Only a few thousand left because the total mintage says 40,000

@HATTRICK said:

The Morgans graded better. Sold all the Morgans and only 77 Peace left

edited July 16, 2023 4:18PM

Time to buy a peace dollar in 70?
    While their still $140 ish.

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭

HSN selling 2023 Morgans or Peace NGC MS 70 with FUN Release label for $299.00 each

Both available

edited July 17, 2023 4:34AM

Morgan went fast. Peace dollar available
    2 minutes peace dollars unavailable.
    Faster and faster every day. Don’t know if anyone could have gotten the Morgan’s. There was enough time for the peace dollar if you were waiting for it. Thanks 🙏

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file