Home U.S. Coin Forum

**** 2023 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS OFFICIAL THREAD****

Comments

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Both available for a min, Morgan gone quickly. Peace had 76 avaliable for backorder.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

And gone

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

• Managed to get a Morgan this am

My Morgan subscription is marked to be delivered today, however the Peace is still marked as processing. Anyone else still have subscriptions in processing?

• NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:
    My Morgan subscription is marked to be delivered today, however the Peace is still marked as processing. Anyone else still have subscriptions in processing?

Yes I have Morgan's delivering today and Peace is still processing

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order that was processing changed to shipping method USPS
    When the shipping method changes to one thing only that means printing of shipping label is about to occur. Shipment is usually within 24-48 hours

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI
    I was able to increase the reverse proof subscription just now (8:42 am pacific time)

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the Mint will put a Director's strike certificate in the Proof or Reverse Proof versions?

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2023 9:11AM

Are any of these shipping via UPS???

A strike could really mess that up!

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2023 10:15AM

@RichR said:

My insider at the post office mentioned fedex may strike. She’s lovely as are all my “girls” at our funky little small town post office 🏤
    Just so happens that all 8 employees are ladies. I love flirting with them and they mostly understand that I’m harmless 😂😂🙏
    We talk about coins. I’ve gotten them a little interested. Try to share my purchases with them. Showed them about W quarters.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Mine are ups and due today and tomorrow 😬

[Mine are ups and due today and tomorrow]

Ugh...track them closely!!!

Hummm...is anyone else's order history showing the actual Morgan and Peace dollar orders...PLUS a "blank" order for $0.00 that lists all the items included in the real orders?

More mint accounting/systems fun!

@RichR said:
    Hummm...is anyone else's order history showing the actual Morgan and Peace dollar orders...PLUS a "blank" order for $0.00 that lists all the items included in the real orders?

I can do you one better... None of my orders are listed under my account but I got text messages of the shipping.

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

My Peace dollar arrived, but looks like my Morgan is delayed until tomorrow.

• robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Morgan’s are Out for Delivery while my Peace dollars are in Sacramento……..170 miles away. They should be here tomorrow.

edited July 17, 2023 11:04AM

@RichR said:

Yes, mine are the same, I had the subscription order at $0.00. When they hit CC and shipped they made a separate new order number and the $0.00 is still there.

• jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    It is most likely that all Peace were shipped from Memphis and all Morgan’s from Texas. That leaves the question of where are orders that include both coins are shipped from :o

Don’t know if that is necessarily correct. Both my Peace and Morgan came today and it looks like they both originated from Fulfillment Center Memphis, Tn.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2023 12:22PM

jfriedm56
    Note I said most likely. Next to nothing is etched in stone at the mint.
    Always subject to uncountable exclusions. It's the mint. Remember that box of chocolates thing. :D

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine arrived today

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

[Don’t know if that is necessarily correct. Both my Peace and Morgan came today and it looks like they both originated from Fulfillment Center Memphis, Tn.]

I second that...I just received ALL 4 orders from Memphis....2 Morgans and 2 Peace.

Was it possibly an East of the Mississippi/West of the Mississippi split???

• steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

i saw a morgan on ebay for 96 bucks

i saw a morgan on ebay for 96 bucks saturday. funny tho they were released on 13th i got my morgan on 14 th peace dollar on the 15th thats a quick delivery for the free subscription shipping

edited July 17, 2023 12:59PM

both mine started in memphis but in order to get them to us i have one the morgan that came the next day after release that on tracking said starting location was coppell, texas but it has a memphis fullfillment center return address

question to get the first day of release label on a submission do they need to be sent to pcgs or ngc in the original shipping box and ogp as well

@steve76020 said:
    question to get the first day of release label on a submission do they need to be sent to pcgs or ngc in the original shipping box and ogp as well

Pretty sure it has to be unopened box from the mint. In other words, they have to be the one to open the box.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:

@spyglassdesign said:

@steve76020 said:

Pretty sure it has to be unopened box from the mint. In other words, they have to be the one to open the box.

I thought FDOI labels were not available to the general public.

@jmlanzaf said:

@steve76020 said:

@spyglassdesign said:

@steve76020 said:

I thought FDOI labels were not available to the general public.

I think you are right. I was thinking first strike and the like.

well you have quickly answered my question. I do appreciate it immensly

This is a little strange. According to tracking the Morgan package started in Coppel, TX, while the Peace package started in Memphis. On the Morgan package, delivered just minutes ago, the return address was the Memphis Fulfillment center, not Coppel, TX.

The Peace comes tomorrow.

edited July 17, 2023 2:00PM

so the first day of issue is simply a label created for sellers to get a higher premium for their merchandise, its really sad to thing pcgs and ngc have sold out for the benefit of the people who look to profit off of people and their notion that the label actually means something. i would imagine since both coins sold out the first day they are ALL FDOI .

@steve76020 said:
    so the first day of issue is simply a label created for sellers to get a higher premium for their merchandise, its really sad to thing pcgs and ngc have sold out for the benefit of the people who look to profit off of people and their notion that the label actually means something. i would imagine since both coins sold out the first day they are ALL FDOI .

Yes... give us enough coins to grade at once, and we will give you a special label. Money talks!

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2023 2:01PM

No signed cert for me, but I noticed new security tape on the delivery box. Both of mine shipped from Memphis.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

After all the excitement of getting my signed COA, PCGS will not encapsulate and pair with the coin, because I should have sent the entire MInt sealed box in for submission. How would I know there is a signed COA inside?

I guess rules are rules, but this is a big let down.

Tells us everything PCGS told you about submitting these for the "200" label

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

@Goldbully
    Is there any noticeable difference in finish, strike, or characteristics between the directors strike and the other peace dollars?

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    After all the excitement of getting my signed COA, PCGS will not encapsulate and pair with the coin, because I should have sent the entire MInt sealed box in for submission. How would I know there is a signed COA inside?

You should have started your conversation off with our hosts by saying:
    "How much extra do I have to pay for you to XYZ..."

You know that saying... No, not the box of chocolate thing...the other one.

Money Talks...

o:)

BST references available on request

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Goldbully said:

Tells us everything PCGS told you about submitting these for the "200" label

They have a firm rule that the mint sealed box is the only way they will encapsulate the COA and pair with the coin.

This is basically what they said to me........read the link.

https://www.pcgs.com/coa

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without having to worry about labels, the special COA represents an important provenance for the coin.

The only thing I could think of was that someone could swap coins to have an MS70 Director's Strike which might be more valuable than an MS69, for example. Other than that scenario there is no reason at all to swap out coins.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    @Goldbully
    Is there any noticeable difference in finish, strike, or characteristics between the directors strike and the other peace dollars?

Nothing I could find. I looked and compared to three other Peace $1's.

@Goldbully said:

Still, even without being slabbed by a TPG, there should still be a premium. It’s a pretty rare bird…… only 0.08% of the Peace dollars will have one.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@TopcatCoin said:
    My Peace dollar arrived, but looks like my Morgan is delayed until tomorrow.

Mine too. Peace coin arrived on Saturday. The Morgan was supposed to arrive today, but as usual delayed in USPS. Most likely, it will come tomorrow.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

Question for the knowledgeable numismatists out there: Would these uncirculated Morgan and Peace dollars be considered burnished? As I understand it, all of the Mint’s uncirculated silver coins are made this way.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried for a Morgan, but my computer was not up to speed this morning.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2023 3:18PM

@JeffM said:
    Question for the knowledgeable numismatists out there: Would these uncirculated Morgan and Peace dollars be considered burnished? As I understand it, all of the Mint’s uncirculated silver coins are made this way.

Since these are only .859 oz vs the one oz burnished ASE, mint is not using ASE planchets for these and it is very unlikely they are burnished. Only US modern burnished coins I am aware of are the gold and silver eagles.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file