123457»

Comments

• Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

That’s awesome @pointfivezero !!!

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JCdlrc said:
    @pointfivezero David Lawrence has a Gen 1.0 white rattler coming to auction in about a month (after our new redesigned website and auction page goes live). The coin is not on the census and we are once again NOT sending it to CAC first. Fresh from a safe deposit box and yes, we paid up for it. Keep your eyes peeled. I love finding these “previously unknown examples” that can be added to the census. I’ll post the pic of it in the case and reveal the cert number when it goes live. Here’s a peek at the coin itself:

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll definitely be watching. If there’s any pre-auction opportunity, let me know.

Tim

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2023 9:16PM

What do you guys think of this?

I contacted the seller and they did put in a revised comment of it being a gen 1.2 with a 1.0 cert number at the bottom of the listing.
    I would bet the purchaser was not aware :#

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    edited April 19, 2023 10:35AM

Yeah, I saw this early on and bid, not realizing it was a 1.2 reholder of a 1.0 until @86Saab set me straight.

Like you, I contacted the seller and he added a note to the listing in the first day or two of the auction stating it was a reholder but it may have been overlooked by many bidders.

Still a valuable and unique slab but may have been overbid.

Tim

Edited to add additional detail.

• Options
    86Saab86Saab Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

I contacted the seller as well. He should have pulled the listing and relisted it correctly. Cool holder but that price,,, ouch.

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2023 8:41PM

Here is a new one for the list!! Just sold tonight on Great Collections.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an amazing price realized. Maybe 2 people needed it for their 1938-D Buffalo PCGS generation set??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

@Lakesammman said:
    That's an amazing price realized. Maybe 2 people needed it for their 1938-D Buffalo PCGS generation set??

Well, I didn’t “need” it but I was an underbidder.

Is anyone still updating the census on the white rattlers? Has anyone heard from @illini420 lately?

Tim

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2023 10:14AM

It beggars belief. A 38-D in MS65. PCGS guide in 65 = $77, in 66 = $105, in 67 = $315. Nine thousand bucks. Where are all the folks with the sanctimonious "collect the coin, not the plastic" lectures? The self-appointed arbiters of the proper way to collect? We're waiting.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that fills a hole in a set that has been waiting to be filled for a long time. Hope the nuke bid got it. ;)

And with juice $9k
    B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup . . . . your 'whipping boy' of "Drunner is crazy . . . . buy the coin and ignore the plastic" fame is just checking in.

Drunner

• Options

What might have been lost in the glow of the white rattler selling price is the amount of money the 1.2 rattlers with the 108xxxx certs sold for:

Tim

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought this one for nose-bleed money several years ago - seems cheap now. Part of my core collection, but for the right price ..... :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

@Lakesammman said:
    Bought this one for nose-bleed money several years ago - seems cheap now.

My bad, thought you needed a 1.0.

So who's the proud new buyer?

• Options

@Lakesammman said:
    Bought this one for nose-bleed money several years ago - seems cheap now. Part of my core collection, but for the right price ..... :D

For some reason, I think my nose bleeds at a much lower altitude than yours.

:)

Tim

• Options

Not in the census, and for sale on ebay. Not my coin

• Options
    LewLew Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see what it sold for?
    I checked the closed auctions but could not find it.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2023 8:23AM

It's a BIN.

• Options
    Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

On the 1900-O Morgan, I see ribbing on the top of the label which makes this a Gen 1.2 holder.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ike1964 said:
    On the 1900-O Morgan, I see ribbing on the top of the label which makes this a Gen 1.2 holder.

Gen 1.1 goes up to about cert# 1082400, so this would be in that range. There are higher cert numbers in the census than this 1900-o on page 1 of the thread.

• Options

I got a picture of this coin from when it was listed in April before someone sent it to CAC. It's definitely a 1.1

• Options

@Ike1964 said:

The little bumps on the top edge of the label are perforations, not ribbing. The ribbing goes horizontal across the label and looks like small creases.
    The photo is poor, but there is no ribbing.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@Lakesammman said:

Is anyone still updating the census on the white rattlers? Has anyone heard from @illini420 lately?

Tim

Yeah, I'm still around from time to time... usually just lurking though. Will try to get this post updated soon. Crazy how these have gone so high, even beyond moon money!!! Ha!!! :+1:

• Options

@illini420 said:

@pointfivezero said:

@Lakesammman said:

Tim

Yeah, I'm still around from time to time... usually just lurking though. Will try to get this post updated soon. Crazy how these have gone so high, even beyond moon money!!! Ha!!! :+1:

Hey, good to see you on the forum! Look forward to your census update. Thanks from all of us at CU.

Tim

• Options

I guess the census is not being updated any more? Here's one I ran across on worthpoint not on the list...

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bid on this one a couple weeks ago, should be added to census

• Options

The OP was last active in November. Hope @illini420 is doing OK.

Tim

• Options

Does anyone have pictures of 197, 410, 540, 710, 805, 883 or 1045? They are listed in the census but I can't find pictures anywhere. Thanks!

• Options

Found 710 and 805 on another thread but still missing the others.

• Options

@idratherbgardening here is a link to my album of white label rattlers.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1oi6ChgYlSxdCAr3SjvCxsFy75RGQwhjwz1euXw68DL4/edit?usp=sharing

This is all I've found to date, if you have any that I don't have, I'd appreciate you post them here.

Also, since the census hasn't been updated in quite awhile, I will link here to my up to date census as well as other censuses that I have been keeping or monitoring.

https://oldslabholders.com/census

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

@86Saab said:
    @idratherbgardening here is a link to my album of white label rattlers.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1oi6ChgYlSxdCAr3SjvCxsFy75RGQwhjwz1euXw68DL4/edit?usp=sharing

This is all I've found to date, if you have any that I don't have, I'd appreciate you post them here.

Also, since the census hasn't been updated in quite awhile, I will link here to my up to date census as well as other censuses that I have been keeping or monitoring.

https://oldslabholders.com/census

Thanks for making an up to date list.

Just as an FYI, holder 1080313 has a gold cac now.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options

@morgandollar1878 You're welcome and I'll update with the gold cac now.

• Options
    edited March 16, 2024 10:34AM

Thanks @idratherbgardening
    I've added the HA one already. Do you know the sold price of the one listed on worthpoint?

• Options

@86Saab said:
    Thanks @idratherbgardening
    I've added the HA one already. Do you know the sold price of the one listed on worthpoint?

$2,850.00 or a best offer. Hard to know with worthpoint.

I have a few more other white rattler pics when I get a chance but not sure where I found them, 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Options

Two green labels with early serial numbers. Not sure if you are tracking these @86Saab...

• Options

@idratherbgardening Yes I am tracking 108 prefix certs including these early re-holders. I saw them both when they were listed. They both went for amounts that surprised me.

• Options

Bob Paul (Rare Coins) showed me this picture at a recent show...sold long ago and at Long Beach somewhat recently I believe...

I don't remember where I found the following (some white, some green but early numbers)...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file