Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official PCGS White Label Rattler Census --- 71 listed as of 11/22/19

Comments

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing so many PCGS white label razttlers makes me glad I concentrated on keeping all my NGC black slabs!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    dimebagdimebag Posts: 108 ✭✭

1081544 sold for $ 1.435.00 last night on ebay

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2021 9:26PM

• Options

nice one !!! thanks for posting.

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK . . . . I stand corrected.

No wonder several dealers have kept asking me to sell mine for $400 . . .

Drunner

• Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 454 ✭✭✭

@illini420 said:
    The earliest copy of the PCGS Population Report that I have handy is the October 1993 issue... that Report does show a single MS69 example of the 1849 Gold Dollar... so it might be possible that one was an MS69 in a White Label Rattler at one point... that would have been nice to see. Of course it could have been cracked and upgraded sometime before 1993. Anyone have earlier pop reports??? :)

Hi All
    I have a pop report for July 1, 1987 and maybe this is the first pop report issued by PCGS anyway the MS69 example of the G$1849 coin number 7502 is in there.
    There are only two other coins graded MS69 at that time. G$5 1900-S and G$5 1902-S
    Only two MS68 listed, G$10 1902-S and G$20 1908-D w/motto.
    Just wish that PCGS had totals for the coins graded in it. There are also 27 Gold coins list in MS67.

Bob

• Options
    86Saab86Saab Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

WARNING
    There is what should be a white label rattler on eBay at auction right now. I say should be because the number suggests that it should be but the photo shows pale green so I contacted the seller and he states that it IS a pale green ribbed label. I just wanted to let everyone know before someone over pays. Here's the link..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203040727238?ul_noapp=true

Here are screen shots of his messages for the record

• Options
    Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

Thanks. Right now I am the underbidder and I will leave it that way.

• Options

thanks for the heads up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Possibly a reholdered example

• Options
    Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

1080145 is a $5 Indian. The list shows it as a $5 Liberty.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ike1964 said:
    1080145 is a $5 Indian. The list shows it as a $5 Liberty.

Thanks, fixed it!
    :+1:

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of strong results tonight at HA ....... for both generations.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

I am guessing you were the underbidder?

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

holy smokes! strong money indeed...

• Options

1081675 is on ebay # 184365799693

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    A couple of strong results tonight at HA ....... for both generations.

ty i missed the 81cc. i was coming here to post but you beat me to it which was good cuz i missed 1. also love how the full slab shot was visible in lieu of the sometimes just obverse image so we could see the label. it is how i spotted it to begin with. glad to see the pcgs early slabs staying strong!

is it just me or is there a LOT of early usa gold listed at ha.com right now? i saw lots of caps and classics.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

That same auction had about 4 other "108" holders that were NOT White . . . .did anyone see those ????? All CCs . . . like somebody dumped Grandpa's CC collection . . . . . .

Drunner

• Options
    NPONPO Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited July 20, 2020 2:59PM

@DRUNNER said:
    That same auction had about 4 other "108" holders that were NOT White . . . .did anyone see those ????? All CCs . . . like somebody dumped Grandpa's CC collection . . . . . .

Drunner

I did now. Very cool collection

• Options
    cbtazmancbtazman Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Hello Everyone - Helping a fellow dealer post a new gen 1.1 that may not even be on the census - but is available on E-Bay now for us all to have fun with;

https://ebay.com/itm/1882-S-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-Rattler-Holder-PCGS-MS-63/143661959878?hash=item2172eb8ac6:g:KaUAAOSwi29fFdnj

As Offered up by Bubba Sully's coins

Join The Hunt and Spread the word!
    Real American Treasure
    cbtazman@realamericantreasure.com
  • Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the seller has any idea what is happening. Listed at 99 cents, and now up to $810 with almost three days to go.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    edited July 31, 2020 10:25PM

I finally searched my bank vault carefully.

I do confirm that I have the following PCGS 1.0 white rattlers still in my posession.

ALREADY IN THE PCGS 1.0 CENSUS:

1080214*** - 1881-S Morgan Dollar MS64 CAC green- cert no. invalid (but I do have it and it is in the CAC census

ALREADY IN THE PCGS 1.1 CENSUS:

1081359 1939 10c PR65 CAC gold
    1081362 1940 10c PR65 CAC gold
    1081537 1882 $1 MS-63 not stickered

NOT IN THE PCGS 1.0 CENSUS (please add)

1080880 1938-D 5c Buffalo MS-65 CAC gold. Looks like it is a MS-68.

NOT IN THE PCGS 1.1 CENSUS (please add)

1082010 1882-CC $1 MS-63 CAC green

• Options

@86Saab said:
    @stealer Thanks for the kind words! It was definitely a lot of work but I'm an info junky and enjoyed putting it together. It was much less time consuming that the one I put together of NGC Gens 1, 2.0 & 2.1! While I've never owned a white label rattler I can appreciate the bittersweet feeling you must have. I guess it's as they say, it's better to have owned and sold than never to have owned at all... or something like that!

BTW is the Franklin you own one of those in the photo "album" I have linked at the bottom of my spreadsheet?

I OWN IT AND IT IS SAFE AND SOUND!

I FORGET HOW I ACQUIRED IT ?????>

• Options

Does anyone have a list of the Gen 1.0 or 1.1s? I am talking about an exhaustive list of the coins according to the pcgs Cert verification site; not the ones seen for sale or at auction recently.
    Thank you

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have done some research on this. I have only worked on the 1.0. I'll have to find my notes. iirc I did cert verification on the 1st 500 or so cert numbers. I'll post more on this soon.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

Would be tough to do since several show as not valid.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    cbtazmancbtazman Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Hello Fellow White Rattler enthusiasts - most of you probably already know this, but we do have a new E-Bay opportunity on the heels of the Heritage auction for the two white labels - shown and linked here for you convenience;

https://ebay.com/itm/1937-PCGS-MS65-5C-Buffalo-Nickel-RARE-1-1-White-Rattler-Vintage-old-holder/184397848805?hash=item2aeef7e0e5:g:cRoAAOSwQgZfMvO4

Join The Hunt and Spread the word!
    Real American Treasure
    cbtazman@realamericantreasure.com
  • Options

Auction result posted for future reference.

• Options

Another for the census, currently on GC.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 8:47PM

PS it looks way better than 40 in my opinion. I am hoping that it avoids the crack out gang trying to upgrade it.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like gold bean material.

thefinn
  • Options

@thefinn said:
    Looks like gold bean material.

Absolutely and I am 100% qualified to say this because I own a gold bean rattler $3. :lol:

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    USARaritiesUSARarities Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Really nice... I'm jealous. I would definitely send it off to NJ for a shot at CAC gold.

Chris, USA Rarities
  • Options

Geez that is beautiful!

• Options

Now all you need to do is find 1080732 to have the Gen 1.0!!

• Options

@USARarities said:
    Really nice... I'm jealous. I would definitely send it off to NJ for a shot at CAC gold.

Oh I don't own it. Miles out of my budget. Dlrc will be auctioning it in a few weeks. I'm at the ANA show, it's on display there.

• Options

Pretty high opening bid.......too much of a premium for me .....

• Options

The 1926 $20 St. Gaudens referenced at the bottom of the census (#1082093) is in fact a PCGS Gen 1.1, unribbed, white label holder. Attached is a picture of the coin next to a Flying Eagle Cent in regular green Gen 1.2 rattler, which is also an interesting holder with a white insert ring to stop the coin from rattling. Not sure if that was a one-off experimental holder. Both were purchased from a dealer friend at the recent Long Beach show.

Chris, USA Rarities
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2021 4:06AM

I would love to connect with the owner of the duplicate cert number coin included in the post from 86Saab back in December 29, 2019 9:41AM (page 3 of this thread). Please pm me if anyone has any details. Here is a pic from that old post:

Chris, USA Rarities
  • Options

@86Saab said:
    Unlisted 1.0 at auction

Wow - somebody found a buried treasure.

Can't wait to see what it brings
    B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

Opening bid is $8k...

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice nostalgic walk down slab memory lane.
    Love the 1.0 originals. Finding them is very challenging.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shape of the holder is rough, but the half is a monster.

thefinn
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    Opening bid is $8k...

I may be reading this wrong but it appears they raised the opening bid to $11K:

• Options

@pointfivezero said:

@DelawareDoons said:
    Opening bid is $8k...

I may be reading this wrong but it appears they raised the opening bid to $11K:

I could be wrong, but I dont remember a reserve on it, before the opening bid was raised.

• Options

The minimum opening bid was raised this morning from $8k to $11k. Not sure we will ever know what the reserve is/was, but in any case, either the consignor or the auctioneer raised the bar. I don't expect it to sell.

Chris, USA Rarities
  • Options

@USARarities said:
    The minimum opening bid was raised this morning from $8k to $11k. Not sure we will ever know what the reserve is/was, but in any case, either the consignor or the auctioneer raised the bar. I don't expect it to sell.

@USARarities has it right. Since the auction opened the min starting bid was 8000; I guess they have raised it to 11 🤷🏻‍♂️.
    I am definitely out of this one as well. I am a bit concerned about the integrity of the holder as it seems the insert is coming out; but it won’t be mine so that won’t be my problem.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody jumped in....definitely wasn't me:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file