Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Spawnfreek said:
    Sorry, somehow the pics are out of order. The wheat rear is the 58, obviously.

nice finds and pretty good image quality.

please crop the images down, like this in the future plz.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    SpawnfreekSpawnfreek Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Spawnfreek said:
    Sorry, somehow the pics are out of order. The wheat rear is the 58, obviously.

nice finds and pretty good image quality.

please crop the images down, like this in the future plz.

Thanks! Will do.

• Options

@Spawnfreek said:

nicely done. not only for our viewing pleasure and ease to scroll but also, makes it easier to see if there is something more going on with one's coins that some of us with a good amount of experience can share, with someone that takes nice images. :)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    SpawnfreekSpawnfreek Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Spawnfreek said:

nicely done. not only for our viewing pleasure and ease to scroll but also, makes it easier to see if there is something more going on with one's coins that some of us with a good amount of experience can share, with someone that takes nice images. :)

Thanks, teach, I will try to do better.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those all look really nice and almost good enough for an album but that’s all. Now granted the 59 and 76 might go 66 which is perfect for an album.

These remind me of my very first order where nothing was better than 65 even though I thought they were much better.

67 has to look so good almost perfect otherwise it’s a 66!

However there is a balance whereas if you have a mediocre strike with minimal but consistent Luster and no hit’s, it can reach 67. Versus a very heavy strike with thick luster that would otherwise grade 68 but would settle at 67 even with a few hits.

Some of those you’re showing are MS64RB.
    Here is an example of two MS67s
    The 74 has a heavier strike and some hits whereas the 75 has a softer strike but cleaner fields both graded 67.

• Options

You see the difference right? Even though they’re both taking a nap it’s easy to see that the 74 has a much Nicer hair do. I will call it the dapper Dan effect, My Hair :D

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "Doubled Pump Handle"
    2015p Homestead

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    2015p Homestead

Another nice find Joey! I have not found any of these yet. For some reason the Homestead quarters seem to be in escellent condition when I find them. All of a sudden I can't get many quarters now. Just a few weeks ago, I could get 10 boxes a week, If I wanted. My bank tanked out on me, they got a new head teller that only lets you get a roll at a time. Time to can this bank and go elsewhere.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rec78 said:

@joeykoins said:
    2015p Homestead

Another nice find Joey! I have not found any of these yet. For some reason the Homestead quarters seem to be in escellent condition when I find them. All of a sudden I can't get many quarters now. Just a few weeks ago, I could get 10 boxes a week, If I wanted. My bank tanked out on me, they got a new head teller that only lets you get a roll at a time. Time to can this bank and go elsewhere.

Your post reminded me and to remind others... If you guys have gone to banks that will not give you coins because you're not a account holder, go back and try again if it's been over 6 months. Chances are good the staff has turned over with new tellers. This has worked for me on more then one occasion.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Another one of my secrets. Keep your eyes open for any of these places, in and around the inner cities. Hit them and hit them hard!! Trust me gents, it's like winning the CRH'ers lottery. Good luck!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

This 1983 P came in a home wrap of beat-up moderns:

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

• Options

DANG! the 39-s. nice find. :)

• Options

@Fraz said:
    This 1983 P came in a home wrap of beat-up moderns:

Looks like the Spitting Roadkill Eagle?

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    You see the difference right? Even though they’re both taking a nap it’s easy to see that the 74 has a much Nicer hair do. I will call it the dapper Dan effect, My Hair :D

What year is that coin? Any chance you see a DDO. Maybe the ear? I dont know if its considered one or not.

• Options

@Coin_nut1977 Optical illusion I just put my eyes on it to confirm and that one is the weaker struck 75.

• Options

This is the time of year to CRH. People are dumping their coins for Christmas gifts,.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    This is the time of year to CRH. People are dumping their coins for Christmas gifts,.

Yea you're right, you ever do any night time hunting? :D
    Looking at that Lincoln above reminded me I need a hair cut and I have some X-mas shopping to do.
    Seems like there's a tobacco/vape store on every other corner, I bet they get some rolls on the fly...

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@OAKSTAR said:

I would if I could. You have any tips? I've hit some supper markets at night. The customer service desks have rolls of coins.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@Coinscratch said:

@OAKSTAR said:

I would if I could. You have any tips? I've hit some supper markets at night. The customer service desks have rolls of coins.

i knew after you joined i could smell numsimatic crazy all over you two. ;)

must be why i like ya!

• Options

Lance- I can smell silver!! 🤣 😉

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Oh.
    My.
    Goodness.

Both MS for sure.
    Look at that Samoa!!

Great finds, mman!
    B)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is from the church ladies in Moncure, they’re tapped out of pennies, their wraps were interesting for me:

• Options
    edited December 1, 2022 1:17PM

My first Quarter bank box in quite sometime.

From a far suburb too!

Let's GO...

A Quick ender check.
    These 4 look very peculiar???
    SILVER???

Other than the 4, nothing special.
    Thanks
    :)

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@Coinscratch said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Wear dark clothing preferably a hoodie and always keep at least one hand in your pocket. Walk slowly and only speak when spoken too.

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Three of them look silver to me. Not sure of the dark one. OPEN THEM!

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

@Coinscratch said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@Coinscratch said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Wear dark clothing preferably a hoodie and always keep at least one hand in your pocket. Walk slowly and only speak when spoken too.

It's not a problem. My CZ goes where I go. Just don't want to be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, if you know what I mean.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2022 1:53AM

@milbroco said:
    Three of them look silver to me. Not sure of the dark one. OPEN THEM!

All 4 rolls were a Skunk.
    Still searching the rest.
    Thx. ;)
    Box Completed!

After further review;

"Hey buddy, did you miss me?"
    :/

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have a handful of 2000 P Sacagawea Mint Rolls, and I've opened 3 I believe during the last few years.
    I really wanted some OBW rolls of these too...you know...'cause I'm gonna find a mule! :blush:

I finally found one original bank roll and I just received it, purchased for just a few bucks over face!
    Pretty sure I won't be disappointed if there's a mule in there lol!!!
    But unfortunately this happened during it's journey to me...
    Seller was awesome and refunded the shipping.
    So it's getting opened this weekend

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

The "Wounded Eagle" lurking inside?
    :*
    Good Luck

• Options

"If at first you don't succeed .."

Part ll,

• Options
    edited December 2, 2022 4:27PM

Persistence,

Pays Off!

# 163W

2020W Rockefeller V75

After the 7th Roll.
    The most highly sought after one, too.
    These picture's are just bad. It is actually in great condition!
    Better Pics, later...
    Thanks

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Persistence,

Pays Off!

# 163W

2020W Rockefeller V75

After the 7th Roll.
    The most highly sought after one, too.
    Better Pics, later...
    Thanks

These things are rapidly deteriorating in circulation. Been seeing some real beat-up ones on this end.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2022 4:25PM

@OAKSTAR said:
    These things are rapidly deteriorating in circulation. Been seeing some real beat-up ones on this end.

Yep, I agree. However, this one and a few other recent finds of mine. Been quite rather good, in condition.
    I believe, in time . These "W's", in any condition. Will carry decent premiums!
    A mint release that has that low mintage but the real advantage is. Their general release! First of its kind.
    ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Yep, I agree. However, this one and a few other recent finds of mine. Been quite rather good, in condition.
    A mint release that has that low mintage but the real advantage is. Their general release! First of its kind.
    ;)

No doubt, there are still nice ones floating around. Wouldn't be surprised if there are even new 2019 & 2020 bank rolled boxes out there.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@joeykoins said:

@OAKSTAR said:

;)

No doubt, there are still nice ones floating around. Wouldn't be surprised if there are even new 2019 & 2020 bank rolled boxes out there.

Now THAT, my friend, would be the cherry on the cake!

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@OAKSTAR said:

;)

Here is that better pic, I promised.

Then...
    After the 20th Roll.

# 164W

Even in Better condition! WOW.
    2020W Tallgrass Prairie V75

:o

• Options
    edited December 3, 2022 10:56PM

This box looks like it's been sitting around at least a couple years :smiley:
    Pretty sure I saw nothing from after 2021 on both sides...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited December 3, 2022 9:07PM

My half dollar find from this week's 2 box search ($1000.00)
    A 1983 no "FG" Kennedy half dollar.

Yep! That's all folks!
    These two boxes were my worst skunking ever.
    No silver :'(
    No foreign :s
    No BU coins
    No NIFC's - Not even a beat up throw back. :|
    Absolutely nothing but the 1983 no "FG" and this was in the 95th roll.
    These coins are from the federal reserve, not customer wrapped. I'd swear that someone else searched through them if I didn't know better!
    I am going back to quarters for a while, perhaps a long while!

• Options

About to do the box of quarters above.

Here are a few things from my warm up rolls :smiley:

A nice gold toned Jefferson

Worn die + grease?

Die Deterioration Doubling?

Coins are Neato!

• Options

This 1829 half dime I found in a wheat cent bag that I purchased from a coin dealer.

• Options

@rec78 said:

do you, from time to time, just zip down through the VV listing for 64-forward just to brush up and get reminded of things to look for?

being as diverse as i am, i absolutely have to do it. also go through CF, pop reports, price guide etc help as well. of course a person only need put as much time/effort in as they want for it to still be enjoyable and so myself, do it sporadically.

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@rec78 said:

do you, from time to time, just zip down through the VV listing for 64-forward just to brush up and get reminded of things to look for?

being as diverse as i am, i absolutely have to do it. also go through CF, pop reports, price guide etc help as well. of course a person only need put as much time/effort in as they want for it to still be enjoyable and so myself, do it sporadically.

No, but I really don't understand what you are asking here.
    Quarters are the most promising. Even if I find a variety that no one wants, it is still fun to find and ID it and add it to my collection. New quarter varieties are showing up all the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file