Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Steven59 said:
    I'm thinking the only "crying" gonna be done is from the buyers - :D

btw, i think the last quote you did to me has disappeared?

Yeah - I wouldn't be surprised! :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@LanceNewmanOCC
    {. i still need to get updated on what to look for. }

Well Christmas is coming so I'd say keep a look out for one of these.........

or 3

• Options
    edited December 9, 2022 9:33PM

@Steven59 enlarged is avatar :) looks like bars to me

edit: and slightly beat up fits the scene

• Options
    edited December 9, 2022 9:53PM

@Steven59 said:

@LanceNewmanOCC

or 3 :)

• Options

I have limited access currently so writing home is all I can do :D

NEW THREAD TITLE: 1 Year Later

Once upon a time, I read here that you could artificially yet naturally tone coins by putting them in a colored envelope and then place them in a window to catch sunlight (I don't have any windows currently:).

So, I put this random white Silver Eagle in a 2000 blue mint pack about a year ago and I'm not sure if its ready to flip yet as the sunny side up is yellow, not blue and not done? Oddly yet cooly the rev shield (hard to see in the pic) apparently was sitting on the red white and blue of the pack and in hand shows. And then of course the down side in this case the obv. is white with the yellow bleeding over the edges.

• Options

Dang!

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭

This 1951-D was just listed for sale as an uncirculated quarter. MS64 DDO.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought an entire roll of 1969-D Lincolns. The roll had numerous Weak FG, this one showed that a slight bit of FG doesn't make it a No FG. Still hunting rolls.

• Options

@bramn8r said:
    I bought an entire roll of 1969-D Lincolns. The roll had numerous Weak FG, this one showed that a slight bit of FG doesn't make it a No FG. Still hunting rolls.

I have found a few no FG's but none that nice. Mine are heavily circ'd.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu .... Silver dime in a roll... nice find. Usually find these in the Coinstar reject slot. But silver anywhere is a good find. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went through a box of nickels that I got from the credit union this week and found two keepers. The first was a 19 43 s War nickel in the second is a Jefferson nickel that looks like it's been struck through, still trying to figure out what the situation is with the coin.

This is the Jefferson nickel that is it possible struck through coin.

Was kind of fun finding the two still the Jerry's out on the Jefferson nickel that has a problem. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out shortly. Happy Hunting guys

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok ONLY because i found a few things in the previous box, i did another 500 in 25c.

2 Ws
    2 or 3 maya dd2 (i see there is now a 4th ddr)
    92d m.a.d. kinda rough circ, probably toss back since the spread is enough to be nice but not enough to make ya wiggle
    delaware washington double clash reverse (seems to be a bunch out there but really spread around the country)
    MAYBE a new homestead ddr (have to look at the list again AND get some better magnification because of the location
    some nice Ride big mouth chips

havne't found any of the Ride ddrs yet but there looks like there are several and probably a few more will pop up
    a (imo) nicely golden toned san antonio P mint obv/rev with great under luster
    a perculiar and questionable toned nina
    some ok grease obv/rev statehoods as usual.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Improperly Annealed? What do you all think?

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins
    Nice 1944 silver find Bud!!

• Options

@Coin_nut1977 said:
    Improperly Annealed? What do you all think?

considering the level of wear (not much but enough), it is tough to say.

i'd lean towards not but if you feel strongly, make a thread just for it.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    Follow CRH,

ya, that is a good one. when i looked at the images before, i just didn't see it, amazingly enough.

authenticate it and you have a very nice modern error on your hands. :+1:

• Options

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2022 9:25PM

@Joe_360 said:
    Follow CRH,
    Is this anything of value?

WoW!! From where I sit, i'd say you have a major struck thru something there!! 👍🏻 👍🏻 Can we see the reverse?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    edited December 11, 2022 8:41AM

@OAKSTAR, @LanceNewmanOCC, @joeykoins, @ricko
    Reverse, should I send in?

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

I would have to do a little more research first. I don't believe I've seen a struck thru one of those quarters that dramatic before. I'm leaning towards submitting it.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Reverse

@OAKSTAR said:

@Joe_360 said:

I would have to do a little more research first. I don't believe I've seen a struck thru one of those quarters that dramatic before. I'm leaning towards submitting it.

Tranks, I google and found nothing. The broke looks clean. Let me know if you would like more photos. Joe

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    Tranks, I google and found nothing. The broke looks clean. Let me know if you would like more photos. Joe

someone asked to see the reverse, when you get a chance. thanks

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    Reverse

@OAKSTAR said:

@Joe_360 said:

I think the pictures are fine. I would start a new thread with just that coin. You will get more eye balls on it.

@ErrorsOnCoins
    @ricko

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Joe_360 said:

someone asked to see the reverse, when you get a chance. thanks

Lance- I think he already did.

• Options
    edited December 11, 2022 9:20AM

Hey guys, what kind of error is this? Looks like somebody went after it with wire cutters (still in the mint pack).

And here is an Almost Coin (we'll call these AC's :)
    Almost PL and almost FS so, almost a 30,000 Nickel worth 5C.

edit, I could use a good set of wire cutters in here :D

• Options
    edited December 11, 2022 9:24AM

Screaming from the rooftop jail cell every 150 seconds but not really.

You have posted 0 times within 150 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 150 seconds before attempting to post again.

Edit: Does that look like spam to you?

• Options
    edited December 11, 2022 9:38AM

@Coinscratch said:
    Screaming from the rooftop jail cell every 150 seconds but not really.

You have posted 0 times within 150 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 150 seconds before attempting to post again.

Edit: Does that look like spam to you?

lol

i haven't gotten that one in a while.

i then proceeded to type "don't you know whom i am?!?!?" but alas, the algo did in fact NOT. :#

if you have to make a new ID, may i recommend, NOT, using Coinitch. :D

edited to add: OBVIOUSLY you won't open it but just so it is said, keep that thing IN the mint cello!

my really only guess is that it somehow got between the crimping and then somehow made it's way back out of the way, or perhaps it getting between the crimping, stopped the line and someone just came along and just nudged it back out of the way and said, sorry for whomever gets that. LITTLE do they know, we LOVE that kinda stuff round these parts. ;)

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@Steven59 said:

@LanceNewmanOCC

or 3

from what little i've learned about women in my less than 50 years on this planet, knowing i am a ROI guy, one at a time is MOOOOOORREEEEE than enough for me.

ALTHOUGH, not to ruin the dream but looking on the surface can lead to devastating bad decisions. out of some desperation for some enjoyable (to me) tv series to watch, i have now reverted to watching friends again and i JUST watched the episode "the one with the dirty girl" but DON"T get your hopes up. i THINK it was Rebecca Romin, at that time was just absolutely smokin' but when Ross went back to her place, ya, well, she had some issues and led to some VERY funny scenes. (now i think about it, i just watched her in x-men: the last stand as well although she was a slightly different color than tan)

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@Joe_360 said:
    Reverse

@OAKSTAR said:

@Joe_360 said:

I think the pictures are fine. I would start a new thread with just that coin. You will get more eye balls on it.

@ErrorsOnCoins
    @ricko

Thanks, started a thread, Joe

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    MAYBE a new homestead ddr

poked it with a stick, the stick won.

onto the next!

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the most worn W I've found but was exposed to something along the way

Not bad for a Loomis roll of freshies eh!? Those marks on his cheeck and her nose and hands are actually all barely visible to the naked eye

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Message in a bottle while I’m on vacation :D
    I’ve got three of these but I only need one. Will keep trying for the infamous plus.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    Follow CRH,
    Is this anything of value?

Value yes! Send it in-- NO
    These sell best raw. I don't think that you will make up the grading fees for this one. The way newly minted errors are selling right now my guess is $80-$120 maybe even more.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rec78 said:
    Out of roll #97 of 100
    This is the best grade of "W" I have found so far.
    "W" # 27

Ok, photos aren't that great, but this coin is a very clean BU.

Odd 1909-VDB.Found in a wheat cent bag that I purchased from a local dealer. I know that everyone will say it is PMD. Could it more like just MD (mint damage) or something else? What you think?

Finding tho '09's in the wild is spectacular!
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Roll damage possibly.

• Options
    edited December 22, 2022 12:08PM

tilted partial collar error

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    More practice with all this TIME on my hands ;)

Loving that 1971 "woody."
    <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

I found an 87 set with exceptional PLs but the reverses are anything but.

A trial run for @stevens59 skunk piss recipe vs isopropyl alcohol. I’m not getting the warm fuzzies about the alcohol but have high hopes for the skunk pizzazz (we’ll talk about a name change later) :D

The Kennedy is drowning in alcohol and the Washington has just enough skunk pizz to cover the reverse.

• Options
    ErikbErikb Posts: 79 ✭✭

Found this today

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Erikb said:
    Found this today

A Die Deterioration Doubling coin - aka DDD (Not "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives)
    Read up............

https://www.error-ref.com/die-deterioration-doubling/

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited December 14, 2022 7:36PM

That is interesting looking but it looks like machine doubling. Are those all the same coin?

• Options
    ErikbErikb Posts: 79 ✭✭

Yes sir all the same coin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file