Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

August………pick ups.

Let’s see them.

Comments

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    A little quick out of the gate...but I will not receive this card until August. I'm happy to add this Tom Terrific card to my collection showing Seaver in his pitching motion during live action during a game

Love this one. I have an 8 I pulled and graded but that is sweet. Maybe my favorite TS card.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

My ETA is between Aug 6th & Aug 9th or so... :)

• azvikeazvike Posts: 352 ✭✭✭

The best player of the 3 is the one who is NOT in...(Doby was a stud though and absolutely belongs)...just would love to see the Rock to get his due...

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    A nice 73 card.

One of the better Killebrew cards. Not the most valuable, but great action photo................and he doesn't look fat at all.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@stwainfan said:
    A nice 73 card.

One of the better Killebrew cards. Not the most valuable, but great action photo................and he doesn't look fat at all.

thanks. yes I agree. The 73 cards are growing on me.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@stwainfan said:
    A nice 73 card.

thanks. yes I agree. The 73 cards are growing on me.

I love the 73 set, and that's my favorite Killebrew card of all he has. Just an awesome photo, and that's a great card.

@slimies said:
    just picked up this lot of cards

hey slimies,
    Looks exciting.... :)

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:
    For my '54 Bowman Cubs team set.

Love the centering

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@slimies said:
    just picked up this lot of cards

hey slimies,
    Looks exciting.... :)

thanks . once am feeling better i'll go through it better and do some more pics

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭

2009 Bowman 48 Carmelo Anthony Auto Black /48 .. Nice pickup ... Love that set

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Inflation and gas prices are killing my budget. So I started shopping at the TJ Maxx store for cards.

My new inflation friendly pursuit is Trevor Lawrence Leaf factory slabbed auto RCs. I really don't want to buy PSA 10's in this economy. These are a nice budget-friendly compromise.

Mike

@halosfan said:
    Here’s a few that came back today
    These 2 get me closer to this set

hey halosfan,
    love the bat cards, those are pretty cool... :)

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@halosfan said:
    Here’s a few that came back today
    These 2 get me closer to this set

I have to stop at 1969 because he already has too much stuff but that is a really nice looking Mantle!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Billyk97Billyk97 Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

@76collector said:
    My guy Nolan... Haven't seen blurry around for a while to argue that Rendon is the better rookie 3b from the class of 13, so we will just accept that it is Nolan, :D

Nolan Arenado is so underrated and arguably the best third baseman of this generation. I picked up that card for cheap last year such an undervalued guy in the hobby.

edited August 6, 2022 12:18PM

@slum22 said:

@Goldenage said:
    This 68 opc just arrived

Hey, good luck with your mission. This one is mine.

Very nice. Love the way the 68 #2 looks signed. Here’s my Topps that was cracked from a 6 holder many years ago. Hard to even find Topps dead centered

Just realized it’s in a blue flip holder, so this was one of the first of my signed Orr’s. These are great signed

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@76collector said:
    My guy Nolan... Haven't seen blurry around for a while to argue that Rendon is the better rookie 3b from the class of 13, so we will just accept that it is Nolan, :D

Does Manny Machado count as a member of that class? Pretty close between those two.

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    This 68 opc just arrived

but it needs this

This 68 opc is on its way

but it too needs this

This 68 opc is at eBay authentication

and when it finally arrives it needs this

and then needs this also

😊

Forgive me if I missed this elsewhere, are you putting together a run of Orr autographed cards?

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach

@Kid4hof03 said:

@Goldenage said:
    This 68 opc just arrived

but it needs this

This 68 opc is on its way

but it too needs this

This 68 opc is at eBay authentication

and when it finally arrives it needs this

and then needs this also

😊

Forgive me if I missed this elsewhere, are you putting together a run of Orr autographed cards?

I only do Orr Boston. No Chicago. Mostly opc cards, but not all of them.

• 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@76collector said:

Does Manny Machado count as a member of that class? Pretty close between those two.

He does, and I agree he is closer to Nolan than Rendon, but nobody likes Machado ! :D:D:D

Great class of 3B men that year.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Billyk97 said:

@76collector said:

Nolan Arenado is so underrated and arguably the best third baseman of this generation. I picked up that card for cheap last year such an undervalued guy in the hobby.

I'm not a young pup. Born in 76 and watch a LOT of baseball. Watched a lot of Brett, Schmidt, Chipper, Rolen. Never saw Brooks play but I'd argue that Nolan is the BEST to EVER do it at 3B with his glove. I think he still has to put years of offensive production together to be mentioned with Brett/Schmidt/Chipper offensively, but he is even better with the leather than they were when you watch him in person. I'm a Cleveland transplant to Colorado and my comparison defensively is that he is the Omar Vizquel of 3b, just amazing with the glove. And I agree he is still undervalued compared to a lot of the shiny new 23-25 year olds everyone is spending their paychecks on.

FYI - to all you old heads who will never admit someone today is as good as a past legend, I invite you to go to youtube and watch highlight videos of Nolan at 3B before you comment if you haven't watched him play in person.

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

While we're discussing 3B, I wanted to introduce the group to Austin Riley, who has quietly become the best offensive 3B in either league this season. He is a dark horse NL MVP.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

@mcadams said:
    While we're discussing 3B, I wanted to introduce the group to Austin Riley, who has quietly become the best offensive 3B in either league this season. He is a dark horse NL MVP.

I don’t get the Braves locally but watch them when I can on MLB; I miss them being on TBS.

I know the kid can rake but how’s his glove?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2022 11:40AM

@76collector said:

@Billyk97 said:

@76collector said:

I'm not a young pup. Born in 76 and watch a LOT of baseball. Watched a lot of Brett, Schmidt, Chipper, Rolen. Never saw Brooks play but I'd argue that Nolan is the BEST to EVER do it at 3B with his glove. I think he still has to put years of offensive production together to be mentioned with Brett/Schmidt/Chipper offensively, but he is even better with the leather than they were when you watch him in person. I'm a Cleveland transplant to Colorado and my comparison defensively is that he is the Omar Vizquel of 3b, just amazing with the glove. And I agree he is still undervalued compared to a lot of the shiny new 23-25 year olds everyone is spending their paychecks on.

FYI - to all you old heads who will never admit someone today is as good as a past legend, I invite you to go to youtube and watch highlight videos of Nolan at 3B before you comment if you haven't watched him play in person.

Jeff

Glove wise it's still Brook's! Second place would probably be Buddy Bell. On both choices I am slightly bias, I grew up an Orioles fan and my NL team was the Reds. I dropped the O's as my team after Washington got the Nationals and after Peter Angelos ran them into the ground financially.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

@76collector said:

@Billyk97 said:

@76collector said:

Jeff

Jeff,

Huge Nolan fan here. Guy will be in the discussion for best ever once he retires. Better bat than Brooks but not as good of a glove. Not a knock on Nolan - he can pick it, for sure - but Brooks was insane.

Probably the only guy I’d put ahead of Arenado, honestly.

Best,

Tim