Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

August………pick ups.

124»

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

UFF, I would have been more inclined to agree 2 or 3 years ago. I am convinced PSA grading standards have tightened and PSA 9's and 10's are extremely hard to achieve now.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2022 9:55AM

PSA grading has tightened but for me personally I prefer this rack even over a 11 or 12 if there were such one. I just love a beautifull, well put together rack I guess. ;)

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2022 10:30AM

@UFFDAH said:
    PSA grading has tightened but for me personally I prefer this rack even over a 11 or 12 if there were such one. I just love a beautifull, well put together rack I guess. ;)

Trust me I know all about your pack fresh Jim Brown rookie. To me it was a lock for an 8.5 or higher.

I hear that, a nice rack can't be beat! Having those 3 identical looking Rookie Stars cards is really cool!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2022 10:33AM

Manny Andrews - I am grateful to be the new custodian of this Masterpiece!! I promise not to rip it looking for another YAZ!!!

So you can still open it to find a Kaat rookie? I say rip it! Seriously great pick-up. Congratulations. Just the header card alone is beautiful.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Somethings in collecting just blow my mind and this is one of them!! I love PSA graded cards but would much rather own this rack over a PSA 9 or PSA 10 Yaz Rookie.

Pics really don't do this piece justice. It is a Work of Art worthy of Cooperstown.

Manny Andrews - I am grateful to be the new custodian of this Masterpiece!! I promise not to rip it looking for another YAZ!!!

hey UFFDAH,
    Awesome Rack...Yeah that's pretty cool... :)

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 - yeah notice on the header card that the punch hole isn't even popped!!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Somethings in collecting just blow my mind and this is one of them!! I love PSA graded cards but would much rather own this rack over a PSA 9 or PSA 10 Yaz Rookie.

Pics really don't do this piece justice. It is a Work of Art worthy of Cooperstown.

Holy crap, I can’t believe you got Manny to part with that one!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 your pickups never disappoint, but I’m really in love with those 2 Banks (66 Venz and the GM). Really stupendous cards!

I collect Venz and I have a 64 Banks, but mine is only a PSA 1 lol.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    @brad31 your pickups never disappoint, but I’m really in love with those 2 Banks (66 Venz and the GM). Really stupendous cards!

I collect Venz and I have a 64 Banks, but mine is only a PSA 1 lol.

Thanks - your Venezuelans are impressive - have been watching you add them over the years.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@UFFDAH said:

hey UFFDAH,
    Awesome Rack...Yeah that's pretty cool... :)

That is where the term masterpiece came from. Beautiful

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@UFFDAH said:

Holy crap, I can’t believe you got Manny to part with that one!

He made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

• Options

@Mikeygiggs_336699 said:

Skywalker!! MJ patterned his game watching this guy. Injuries and personal issues deprived him of the remarkable pro career he should have had as one of the greatest college players to ever live.

hey Mikeygiggs,
    Nice one... :)

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:

@Mikeygiggs_336699 said:

Skywalker!! MJ patterned his game watching this guy. Injuries and personal issues deprived him of the remarkable pro career he should have had as one of the greatest college players to ever live.

hey Mikeygiggs,
    Nice one... :)

Thank You! @GroceryRackPack

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mikeygiggs_336699 said:

Nice one! I just picked up a SGC 7.5 to go along with the raw one that I hoped to get signed one day. Being an NC State fan it's a must have.

• Options

@DM23HOF said:
    I love the harsher grades these days. This 71 Ryan is amazing in hand. Centering is great. One gem corner. Just a touch on one edge and the top right is all. Amazing value.

The 1960 Mick is an instant favorite that came my way from a longtime fellow collector buddy, whom I actually think I first met on these very boards.

Sensational on both. Well done.

• Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

@DM23HOF said:
    I love the harsher grades these days. This 71 Ryan is amazing in hand. Centering is great. One gem corner. Just a touch on one edge and the top right is all. Amazing value.

Gorgeous 71 Ryan, Matt

PSA has been SOO tough on 71s for the past few years, so I agree there's great bargains to be had in buying PSA 7s that are nicer than most of the PSA 8s that were graded 10 years ago.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@graygator said:
    It’s not every day that a well-centered copy of a tough rookie shows up at a reasonable buy-it-now in a (relatively) affordable (for the card) grade. But when that day arrives you must not delay. I’ve been waiting for the stars to align on a Rose rookie to show up when I had the money to pursue one for more than 5 years. Happy to add this one today. Now the wait and hope for no postal SNAFUs.

Centering is pretty sweet on that one. Congrats.

• Options

@hankcaddy said:

Added another 70 today

hey hankcaddy,
    love that bat rack there...pretty cool... :)

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DM23HOF said:
    The 1960 Mick is an instant favorite that came my way from a longtime fellow collector buddy, whom I actually think I first met on these very boards.

Beautiful card Matty and you are correct you met Matt on these board.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON