Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hfjacinto said:
    Portuguese feast in NJ

Provincetown Portuguese Festival

Portuguese flags decorated the float that carried this band

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2022 6:58PM

If the Lakers aren’t in the NBA finals I’ll root for whoever is playing against the Celtics even if it’s Golden State.

• Options
    Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    If the Lakers aren’t in the NBA finals I’ll root for whoever is playing against the Celtics even if it’s Golden State.

I will always root for anyone playing the Lakers.

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

The Old Burying Point Cemetery is a popular location within Salem, Massachusetts. It is located next to number five on this list! The Old Burying Point is the oldest burial ground in Salem. It is also the location of the grave site of Justice John Hawthorne, a judge during the Salem Witch Trials. What makes him unique is that he was the only judge involved in the trials who did not repent after his actions. He was a direct ancestor of the infamous Nathaniel Hawthorne. It is a great location to pay your respects to those who reside there. Tourists often leave coins upon the tops of the graves as offerings to the deceased. Rumor has it that Old Burying Point is a ghost hot spot!

The Salem Witch Museum stages the saddening events of the Salem Witch Trials. Inside you can find wax displays of the historical events that took place in 1692. If you are more interested in hearing the details of the historical events fact for fact, one of the Salem Witch Museum's many educated tour guides are more than happy to take you through the horrific piece that adds to Salem's history.

Very interesting. My acting debut was playing Reverend Hale in the Arthur Miller play "The Crucible," which was based on the Salem Witch Trials.

• Options

SO MANY GREAT THINGS IN THE BAYSTATE
    .\
    Salem Massachusetts

The Samantha Statue is an iconic tourist stop. Some may recognize her likeness: actress Elizabeth Montgomery, who played Samantha Stephens on the 1960s television program "Bewitched". This statue was not erected with ease. There was a wave of controversy among Salem's longtime citizens. They believed that placing a representation of witchcraft in downtown Salem was disrespectful to the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. Despite that, TV Land still fought for the statue, and it can now be found in Lappin Park.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog that Les Paul is gorgeous. Do you know what year it is?
    As a keyboard player, I have always envied how personal the guitar is to the musician. Unlike a keyboard, guitars last forever and only get better with time.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Graveyard of the Mustangs:

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

@1northcoin said:
    On this Friday eve, a view from moments ago:

Photo taken from the entrance of "The Coastal Trail."

Deceptive, but that engine is actually at the end of the train playing caboose.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    As a keyboard player, I have always envied how personal the guitar is to the musician. Unlike a keyboard, guitars last forever and only get better with time.

That is a 2014 silver burst. It’s sounds so clean it’s ridiculous.
    Thanks 😊

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lincolns

by ASG

by BLP

by VDB

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:

Ironically after seeing these Les Paul guitar posts I was listening to a recorded live stream that entailed walking from Tokyo's Akihabara to Shinjuku. The walk passed by a guitar shop that featured Les Paul guitars.

One of the walkers commented to the other that not only did he have a Les Paul guitar, but that it was signed by him. He went on to add that he was working at the Smithsonian American History Museum and Les Paul had been invited to participate in a heroes event. Les was most accommodating in signing the guitar for him at the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZOFNnIFL5w

• Options

With regard to the above feature, the Les Paul guitar chat begins at 27:30.

If you want to join in for a walk across Tokyo with some interesting commentary these guys do a good job.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2022 1:06PM

1976 Angola 500 Kwanzas

coins for sale at link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGharuQgUMTSUKav7

• Options

@1northcoin said:

The graduate from last week on the last day of high school.

The graduate on her first day of grade school.

And the graduate on her first day of kindergarten and last day of high school.

• Options
    edited June 7, 2022 10:00PM

A photo from this past weekend's Electricity Expo 2022 that was held outside the same Long Beach Convention Center where a coin convention recently concluded.

The pictured electric powered vehicle is a Volvo XC90 Recharge Extended Range.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2022 6:27AM

ND British Armed Forces 50 new pence Special Voucher 6th series

coins for sale at link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGharuQgUMTSUKav7

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Falcon nesting in a tree...... :)

We had one of those when I was growing up in the early 60s

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silverpop said:
    1930 Hungary 100 pengo banknote

Being of Hungarian heritage, I enjoyed your post. Whenever I'm at shows
    I buy Magyar paper money. Thanks for sharing.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

OK, I give up. Did someone drop that car body into the tree with a crane or did the tree itself actually grow around it and over time lift it to its existent height?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

@Steven59 said:

OK, I give up. Did someone drop that car body into the tree with a crane or did the tree itself actually grow around it and over time lift it to its existent height?

I had the same thought. What year is that Ford Falcon? If it's more that a few decades old, the tree may have grown from under the car and lifted it into the air.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

Boston Commons Brewer Fountain

Boston, Massachusetts, USA - September 12, 2016: Closeup of lower section Boston Commons Brewer Fountain, Boston, Massachusetts. Bronze fountain which water started flowing on June 3,1868. It is one of several copies of the one designed by French artist Michel Joseph Napoleon Lienard that was featured in the Paris World Fair in 1855. It stands 22 feet tall and weighs 15,000 lbs.

• Options

And the Boston common

You can see the gold dome of the State House and that church steeple towards the left is the Park Street Church that I attended as a youth.

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2022 7:44AM

I bet Ron Weasley was "driving" ;)

@Steven59 said:

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    Pierce House, Dorchester, Massachusetts c1683

Love that!

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji