edited June 11, 2022 12:59PM

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jughead1893 said:

Love the prancing horse emblem. So that must be a Mustang? B)

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

1881-S US Morgan Dollar PCGS MS63 got this yesterday

1997-Present

• Options

@silverpop said:
    1881-S US Morgan Dollar PCGS MS63 got this yesterday

Nice one! 😄

• Options

@SoCalBigMark said:
    This morning.

Looks like a nice walk. 👍

My brother is in El Cajon. I guess that’s somewhat near there. At least in relation to my area (western North Carolina) :D

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

@jughead1893 said:

Love the prancing horse emblem. So that must be a Mustang? B)

@1Northcoin I believe you are mistaken. That is the Dancing Pinto Pony but still in the correct family........

• Options
    edited June 13, 2022 8:43PM

my wife gave me this from her last trip there it's a 2017 philippine 20 piso

1997-Present

• Options

Admittedly it is a bit early for College Football, but here is a favorite I took from a past year for those who are looking forward to the season ahead:

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lehmi Valley Idaho and the Salmon River at record highs from rain.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    edited June 14, 2022 9:13AM

ND South Korea 1000 Won

1997-Present

• Options

@skier07 said:
    Lehmi Valley Idaho and the Salmon River at record highs from rain.

Such an inviting scene. Can just imagine the deer stepping out from the brush.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our local mom and pop candy store has everything. Those and the all chocolate. So many old school things. We are very lucky.
    iPhone 7 full moon 🌕

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Our local mom and pop candy store has everything. Those and the all chocolate. So many old school things. We are very lucky.
    iPhone 7 full moon 🌕

Sounds great. I've noticed TruValue Hardware stores seem to carry some of the nostalgic candy brands as well, though at a premium price like those prices seen on the photos I posted from the eclectic store I was visiting today.

Curious if your local mom and pop candy store offers more reasonable pricing?

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2022 1:50AM

Boomer (Trenton Thunders mascot) birthday with some of it's mascot friends

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

HISTORY OF SKY BAR
    The Sky Bar was invented in 1938 at the New England Confectionery Company (“NECCO”). The molded chocolate bar revolutionized confectionery technology as the first chocolate bar to have multiple different flavored centers. Chocolate bars of a similar molded form had started popping up around the early 1900s, but none had the same internal complexity of the Sky Bar. Recognizing the innovation they had on their hands, the folks at NECCO chose the name “Sky Bar” because flight was the excitement of the day. They chose to launch this new candy bar with a sky writing marketing campaign and they built up anticipation by advertising the upcoming sky writing events. In the 1950’s and 1960’s, the era of the family road trip and the vending machine, Sky Bars were seemingly everywhere. Thanks to extensive TV advertising, the Sky Bar was the candy bar of choice for many families, primarily up and down the East Coast.

NECCO is no more but Skybars are still manufactured in Sudbury MA :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow! Those candy buttons bring back a lot of memories. There was a convenience store across from my elementary school. I could easily eat a whole strip of buttons on the walk home from school.

• Options

Here they are making candy buttons @Downtown1974 :)
    https://youtu.be/_ULo9Y7ID9Y

• Options
    edited June 16, 2022 6:56AM

Big Papi Ortez arriving at Fenway Park

• Options

Transferring from Paradise Found's prize thread which asked for the posting of inspirational phrases, here is the pictures portion of my response for inclusion here on this photo thread:

Here is the inspirational quote I had printed on my calling card when in Japan. It continues to be applicable.

• Options

1997-Present

• Options

Great image @rokky :)

The 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment was the first volunteer black regiment raised in the North. The ranks were filled with former slaves and free blacks. The 54th was initially formed at Readville, Massachusetts in late February 1863 and then were mustered into service from March 30, 1863 through May 13, 1863. On May 28, 1863, their commander Colonel Robert Gould Shaw led the 54th in a triumphant parade through Boston to the docks, and then the regiment departed on the steamer De Molay for Hilton Head, South Carolina on May 28, arriving there June 3.
    thanks for posting it
    boston

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited June 17, 2022 4:56AM

37 years ago I was protecting these guys in the 'city of sin' - Lynn Mass :)

https://youtu.be/2ihXNd3E3PE

• Options
    rokkyrokky Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2022 5:57AM

@1630Boston said:

Great image @rokky :)

The 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment was the first volunteer black regiment raised in the North. The ranks were filled with former slaves and free blacks. The 54th was initially formed at Readville, Massachusetts in late February 1863 and then were mustered into service from March 30, 1863 through May 13, 1863. On May 28, 1863, their commander Colonel Robert Gould Shaw led the 54th in a triumphant parade through Boston to the docks, and then the regiment departed on the steamer De Molay for Hilton Head, South Carolina on May 28, arriving there June 3.
    thanks for posting it
    boston

Likewise Boston. That is a beautiful painting. Now I’m ready to watch Glory for the umpteenth time, lol!

• Options
    jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2022 5:57AM

• Options

Happy Friday!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file