Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aye! How did you know Styx is from my hometown? Lol
    B)B)B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins I'm from the Southside myself... City

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Aye! How did you know Styx is from my hometown?

Chicago?
    OH - no wonder your speedometer in your car goes up to 160 mph

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

You guys are funny!
    :D
    Found another 2022d with the same die crack w/ die chip on the left side of George's mouth. Identical one I found last week!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins said:
    You guys are funny ..........

Why does he have a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner stuck to his face??? HELLOW! US MINT!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@joeykoins said:
    You guys are funny ..........

Why does he have a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner stuck to his face??? HELLOW! US MINT!!!!!!!!!!

Those are dread locks and he does look stoned.

• Options

Right behind you.............

• Options
    edited February 5, 2022 5:20PM

Yes! Back on Track?

#92W

From my previous bank box. In the 35th roll.
    Thanks

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Yes! Back on Track?

#92W

Ask and ye shall receive - Get it? "Back on track" - "#92" ? :)
    I used to drink Black Label when I was a kid :D

• Options

Strike Through?

I do believe it's incused.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins ... You are on track to hit #100.... My prediction looks good.... Can't tell if that is a strike through, could be...Cheers, RickO

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Strike Through?

I do believe it's incused.

Looks like a strikethrough.

• Options
    edited February 7, 2022 9:54AM

Time to hunt a different coin/s.
    Yep, back to the pennies!

Great Start!

Mostly, non- Shields too.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't received any feedback on this crh 2005-P Jeff/Buffalo find of obv and rev clash that I posted twice. No attribution so far. Let me know what you think. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Haven't received any feedback on this crh 2005-P Jeff/Buffalo find of obv and rev clash that I posted twice. No attribution so far. Let me know what you think. Peace Roy

Hey Man! What are you doing over here :D Just kidding nice to see a familiar stranger over here.
    @joeykoins Can you help a brother out? He's got some cool finds.

• Options

@Namvet69 said:

Hey buddy. Yeah, those are minor die gouges. Too bad it wasn't through the bison. The 2005d Variety. The speared bison. You have the 2005p, Philadelphia. There is one variety for that year, I believe. The DDO in the word "Liberty". There is another variety (minor) for the 2005d. It's called the "Detached Leg".
    Keep on hunting. ;)

• Options

@joeykoins So take another look at the bison fur tufts clash off Toms nose bridge. It's like 4-5 tufts in a row. There's 2 pics and I can even see it without magnification. Should I get this attributed? Thanks. Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options

I do see what your talking about. However,
    First the coin is in pretty bad shape. I don't know if the $65-$75 would be worth spending. My amount is after all fees, including T.V.
    It's all up to you, my friend.
    Good Luck ;)

• Options
    edited February 7, 2022 1:17PM

@Namvet69 said:

(From Mad Die Clashes)........

It is a minor clash - I doubt it would be slab worthy?.

• Options

Yup, that's how I figured out what the elements of the clash were. If it's minor, I'm okay with that. I enjoy crh so much and everyones contributions make it an adventure. Peace Roy

• Options

Thanks guys as that one was slightly above my pay grade.

• Options

@joeykoins
    Joey (Gents) what did I find here? The rims are gold and the design of the reverse is gold. The obverse looks like some kind of coating... They came from the same roll, but no others like it. I've never seen anything like this before... One 2003 and one 2005Any thoughts?

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins
    Joey (Gents) what did I find here? The rims are gold and the design of the reverse is gold. The obverse looks like some kind of coating... They came from the same roll, but no others like it. I've never seen anything like this before... One 2003 and one 2005Any thoughts?

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/value-of-gold-plated-coins.html

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins

You got yourself an authentic television shopping channel limited edition we messed up a bunch of coins forever set. :blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited February 10, 2022 3:00PM

360 Chances Tonight!

Yes, hoping to snag in on some more "W's"?

#93?

9 Rolls!

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@Kurisu said:

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins

You got yourself an authentic television shopping channel limited edition we messed up a bunch of coins forever set. :blush:

This incomplete set was one of my very first pick ups. It’s pretty cool how they change colors at different angles.

Ohmygosh that's great! Lol...I would've gone nuts for that when I was a YN!
    About every couple months it seems someone on reddit posts about finding one of those in a roll.

Sooo...you gonna complete it via roll hunting??! :wink:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu No, if anything I’ll be putting them rolls. But I probably won’t because they look just too cool. :)

• Options

I would not normally be interested in doing a set of SHQ's.... However, if I were to acquire half a set like that, with such a nice display case, I would very likely work to complete it. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Quarter Weekend!

Let's GO...

• Options
    edited February 11, 2022 4:34PM

Before searching rolls , I always check first for any enders. Nothing significant but this ender.
    Pretty cool, I think!

Just opened.

False Alarm, nothing!
    Environmental damage.

The search goes on...

#94?

• Options

I keep finding these kind of things...great examples of bad examples lol.
    Fun to diagnose anyway...

Picked up 20 rolls total from 2 Chases today...wish me...things! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited February 11, 2022 9:23PM

Wow, Joe!

Awesome Enders, dude. Good luck.
    I did find

#94W

after my 12th roll.

2020 W Weir Farm V75

Rough but a W!

• Options

@Kliao... That WLH is an excellent find.... I found one when searching halves some years ago....it was a 1941.... Jumped right out of a roll of Kennedy halves.... Best find I have had when CRH half dollars. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Kliao said:
    My dad sent me these pictures in the middle of the day…..

Silver! And it’s a Walker! Only silver on the bunch!

Very cool find! Can't remember the last time I ever found a Walker?
    Is it the DDR like I cherry picked?
    Congrats. ;)<3

• Options
    edited February 12, 2022 11:55AM

Continuance Quarter Weekend

Another bank box pick up, early Saturday Morning.

Let's GO...

But first...

must check for any W / Silver enders! Lol.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@Kliao said:
    My dad sent me these pictures in the middle of the day…..

Silver! And it’s a Walker! Only silver on the bunch!

Very cool find! Can't remember the last time I ever found a Walker?
    Is it the DDR like I cherry picked?
    Congrats. ;)<3

Just checked, not like the DDR you found. Not complaining though :p

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    Busting up some mint and proof sets, I’m gonna be planting some seeds at the bank today. Hopefully a future YN finds them. :)

I’m now wondering if that 2001 on the bottom row is PL. I didn’t make it to the bank today and may pull it fir closer look B)

• Options

When I come across a Hawaiian like this it's a straight up exercise in boggling the freaking mind.
    How a coin survives in this kind of beautiful condition, even if it's managed to stay only in rolls and bins, well it's just astounding to me.

It was in a Loomis roll, plenty of old junky ones in there too...also got 2 Maya's in it lol. So I know for sure this Hawaiian has been moved around and likely re-wrapped a few times and maybe even handled, just incredible.

This is one of those two Maya's, the other was still nice but not as nice...but still, you know the kinds of specimens I'm looking for! But the Maya's showing up in the mixed rolls tells me I'm likely to get a full roll of Maya's soon, fingers crossed!!! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited February 13, 2022 11:34AM

@Kurisu said:
    When I come across a Hawaiian like this it's a straight up exercise in boggling the freaking mind.
    How a coin survives in this kind of beautiful condition, even if it's managed to stay only in rolls and bins, well it's just astounding to me.

Lol. I totally agree!
    When CRHunting, I always come across little gems like yours. You're right, it is pretty amazing how some of these coins survive the so called,"crowded and packed bus" of all these coins thrown together. Whether in rolls or bins or mint bags? Lol.
    Most of my catches are from the Statehood series. People most probably throw their old collections in for cash!
    I even held back some beautiful quarters in these years. 1965's,66's,67's,71's,79's.
    Also, some half dollars,as well.

Silver and "W" Quarters aren't the only treasures in these rolls!
    ;)
    Keep on hunting!

• Options

My Last Quarter Box

Results:

An absolute terrible box!
    Oh well.
    :/

• Options
    edited February 14, 2022 10:59AM

New Box, New Day!

Let's Roll...

Let's see the love on Valentine's Day.

"I 'wuv' the W Quarters!

<3<3<3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file