Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Apparently it is possible. Tomorrow I will check costs, minimums, etc. along with other local armor car services.
    Wouldn’t that be nice! Boxes of coinage delivered to your door :)

Let us know what you find out! I might order 100 boxes of pennies.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rec78 I know your a baller :) Brand new pennies? For grade, variety, or sell?
    What state are you in?

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Apparently it is possible. Tomorrow I will check costs, minimums, etc. along with other local armor car services.

I'd be a bit envious of that...although I do still maintain my business license for my business from before Covid so something to consider!

Took my time with one of those two WCD rolls so far...what do you think about the potential grade of this one?
    It's so clean with just that little scrape on the back of the shoulder of Washington's jacket, which is wear I'm seeing when I took a look at some MS68's! I see a couple tiny bits of debris in my photo but it's all on the outside of the flip :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@kurisu Man, it looks really good. And with the thick luster you are allowed one or two small hits. Safely a 67 maybe more.

I'm waiting on a quote from Loomis, you have to sign a 2 year agreement, you order and pay through your bank and then they deliver to you. They're also in a coin shortage and were being vague so I asked for a hypothetical: 1 delivery per month 3 boxes of quarters and 3 of cents and she said 65.00 per month give or take. Because of weight the more you order the more it cost but getting new rolls it might be worth it. Especially considering time and gas to various banks.
    Anyway, a quick search indicates 4 or 5 more companies in my area, a smaller outfit maybe, maybe not.

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    @kurisu Man, it looks really good. And with the thick luster you are allowed one or two small hits. Safely a 67 maybe more.

I'm waiting on a quote from Loomis, you have to sign a 2 year agreement, you order and pay through your bank and then they deliver to you. They're also in a coin shortage and were being vague so I asked for a hypothetical: 1 delivery per month 3 boxes of quarters and 3 of cents and she said 65.00 per month give or take. Because of weight the more you order the more it cost but getting new rolls it might be worth it. Especially considering time and gas to various banks.
    Anyway, a quick search indicates 4 or 5 more companies in my area, a smaller outfit maybe, maybe not.

My Chase banks are still happy to order any boxes I want.
    But they mentioned it could take more than a couple weeks since they are receiving about a third as many Loomis deliveries as usual overall.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited January 25, 2022 8:30AM

@Kurisu Then that is the more prudent choice, after all there is no guarantee Loomis will deliver brand new rolls every time. Plus, I like to change it up every few months I'm currently searching Jeffs and I'm not looking for new ones. It may be a good option for @rec78 since he blows through numerous boxes of quarters and halves per week.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2022 8:11PM

Pulled Something

I haven't in a long, long time.

1964d

Besides the Silver content, nothing special but a few die cracks.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

#81 Never Looked So Good!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    @rec78 I know your a baller :) Brand new pennies? For grade, variety, or sell?
    What state are you in?

I am in NE PA,
    Brand new Philadelphia minted cents 2021 have lots of errors. Who knows what 2022's will have. Yes, I would like 100 new boxes of 2021-P mint cents.
    I have not got quarters for many months now, and my half dollar source has slowed down and they now only order me boxes when they need coins for their own use. Only 2 orders per month now. I can still get dollar coins from Wells-Fargo as many as I want, but the minimum order for dollars is $2000.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

#81 Never Looked So Good!

I'm leaning towards a 67 on that one if the lighting isn't hiding anything! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@rec78 Then you need to get hooked up with Loomis. On any given day you prolly go through more change than a 7-11.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

@Coinscratch said:

I'd be a bit envious of that...although I do still maintain my business license for my business from before Covid so something to consider!

Took my time with one of those two WCD rolls so far...what do you think about the potential grade of this one?
    It's so clean with just that little scrape on the back of the shoulder of Washington's jacket, which is wear I'm seeing when I took a look at some MS68's! I see a couple tiny bits of debris in my photo but it's all on the outside of the flip :smiley:

Hi, question, do you actually send in modern quarters/coins for grading? If so, is that profitable? Thansk Joe

• Options

Unequivocally yes.

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

@Kurisu said:

@Coinscratch said:

Hi, question, do you actually send in modern quarters/coins for grading? If so, is that profitable? Thansk Joe

Yes. There are a few of us here who do for sure.
    The honest answer is that the better you get at judging the grades before sending them off will increase potential profitability dramatically. Modern coins in exceptional MS conditions can be absurdly valuable.
    Learn how to judge your coins and look at them like graders do. It can certainly involve a few "fails" with grading along the way...we all get surprised when we didn't notice something that the graders did.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

I thought I hit pay dirt at the first bank which the clear rolls are pretty nice 2012 D but it was the accidental pick up at the second bank (second pic) that had the loot. There, I asked for nickels and he said he had $80 worth, I said yes but when they came through the drive thru drawer I realized they were pennies. Anyway, I won't hype it this time and just let the grades do the talking, in about 2 to 3 months that is :D

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 9:49AM

@Joe_360 said:

Yes. Esp the 2019 and 2020 W's!
    Just recently sent in a 2019W Memorial. Unfortunately came back a very surprising
    AU 58. In Saying that, even a W in that low grade,
    can be valued (esp. in the future) well over the grading fee I paid, $20. My estimate value, minimal $40?
    Right now, I have about 75 W's, 2019/2020's, in my collection. Eventually, will go through them. Pulling out the ms 60 - ms 67's to send in. I know I'm not a fortune teller but my opinion, this low mintaged and popular series of Quarters, will go up in value. This is only my opinion.
    Love the "W" short program. Wish they would attempt again.
    Thanks
    My most recent submission returns

The "Three"

These 3 were the ones I sold together at last year's ANA Coin Show.

Sold for $950!

All 2020W Tallgrass Prairie's

MS 65

MS 66

MS 67

:)

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can picture an armored car pulling up in front of my door to make a delivery.
    All are bad images. :D
    Must be the neighborhood. >:)
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@joeykoins Did you sell them to a dealer and I'm guessing at wholesale?

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    I can picture an armored car pulling up in front of my door to make a delivery.
    All are bad images. :D
    Must be the neighborhood. >:)
    Wayne

Mr. Wayne, were here with your truckload of Kennedys. Where would you like em? :D

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 9:39AM

@Coinscratch said:

I guess? Someone that had a table at the ANA Show.
    Paid in total for fees and all,
    $70
    Flipped them for $950.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@Coinscratch said:

Nice, and that should tell you where the value of these will be headed. Reminds me of the 1995 W Eagle.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 9:45AM

@Coinscratch said:

@joeykoins said:

@Coinscratch said:

Nice, and that should tell you where the value of these will be headed. Reminds me of the 1995 W Eagle.

This is what I'm saying about these W's. Even though one of my W's came back a low,low AU 58. Still, valued at least $40 in my book. On ebay, raw versions are selling at good prices.

My recent CRH W find

Awesome Condition!

• Options

Well, made it to the Bank today and they finally had some rolls to exchange with my rerolls. 30 rolls of quarters and 12 rolls of cents.

Don't tell me, got nothing to do...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DmeR9a6ig

• Options

@joeykoins

Well I guess that I need to start my grading skills as I have 70W's 7 full sets from 2019 & 2020 that I personally removed from brand new rolls. I have sold over 450 raw W's but kept 7 full set for myself...

I have never sent in any coins for grading, so I am a rookie and would need help. Thanks Joe

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 5:29PM

Two BIG Surprises! Plus, Maybe? Two Strike Through's?

My First 2022d Finds

I'll have to closely examine for any errors/varieties.
    :)
    Yep, might of found something on the obverse of the second Quarter pictured? Two Strike Through's on the obverse?

:*

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 6:34PM

@joeykoins said:

Two BIG Surprises! Plus, Maybe? Two Strike Through's?

My First 2022d Finds

Getting rolls almost daily hoping for some fresh ones to show up in Denver!!!
    ...I think a ding or two from the edge of another quarter

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

...I think a ding or two from the edge of another quarter

Agree, reed marks

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Ring Of Death

#82 W

Still Beautiful! <3

• Options
    edited January 27, 2022 8:04AM

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins

Well I guess that I need to start my grading skills as I have 70W's 7 full sets from 2019 & 2020 that I personally removed from brand new rolls. I have sold over 450 raw W's but kept 7 full set for myself...

I have never sent in any coins for grading, so I am a rookie and would need help. Thanks Joe

The easiest way (for me) is submitting through the website. Easy steps to follow from start to finish. I would highly suggest watching some of their grading videos first and then watch them again. Then go to the Price Guide, pick your poison 2019 quarters or whatever and there in CoinFacts and under the first coin pictured click on the blue link “ View More Images” scroll down to the bottom to the last coin (lowest grade) pictured and make sure your coin doesn’t look like that one. Then watch the videos again.

Strike, preservation, and luster are the key factors and the percentages are given in one of the videos.
    If you have all three you have a winner.
    If you have a strong strike, good luster, and very minimal hits your good.
    Conversely you could have great luster, and no hits but a weak strike kills it.
    Something about the heavily struck coin bodes well and is first and foremost.

A medium strike with luster that melts your face off is always a good one two.
    I almost forgot about eye appeal which aside from color the aforementioned factors create eye appeal. If you can put all 4 together then you can start imagining the 68+ Typically pictured atop CoinFacts.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2022 7:03AM

@Coinscratch,
    Thanks. How much can I expect the cost for submitting a coin for grading? Seems that I have to invest on joining our hoist (or others) membership to send in coins? Or are there other methods?

Most of of my W's were remove from new rolls by me, so most should grade in MS condition. Thanks again, Joe

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    @Coinscratch,
    Thanks. How much can I expect the cost for submitting a coin for grading? Seems that I have to invest on joining our hoist (or others) membership to send in coins? Or are there other methods?

Most of of my W's were remove from new rolls by me, so most should grade in MS condition. Thanks again, Joe

I believe the low tier membership is 150.00 per year and as far as I can tell it's the same as the highest level with the exception being free vouchers. I've heard talk here of people submitting with dealers or at shows as well.
    I pay 38.00 per coin with the True View but I think it can go as low as 20.00 right @joeykoins so, you can choose the economy and then just add TV's to the ones you want for like $10.00.

You prolly have some nice ones in there I shudder to think of the MS67's you let go for 25.00 on the bay :#

• Options

Com'on 2022d's/W's/Silver

Circulated

• Options

Roll 5

Rough, nevertheless a W!

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Com'on 2022d's/W's/Silver

Ok, In only the first 5 rolls out of 50.
    Already surfaced was two of the 2022d's and one W. What's next? The Silver?
    :D
    I hope.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2022 4:16PM

Another 2022d Found,

carrying the same die crack along the cheek, but without the die chip.

One found earlier. W/ Chip on die crack

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Another 2022d Found,

carrying the same die crack along the cheek, but without the die chip.

>

Will be interesting to see if that is a stress point/area on the new dies. Any idea of the mintages of these new tokens quarters?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited January 28, 2022 2:26AM

You could be right?
    No idea of mintages, yet.
    Thanks

New 2022d Quarter

found while CRHunting.
    Update Count:

As of the Roll #50.
    Completed box.
    Only 8 short of a full roll!

• Options

I imagine high-grade 2021 quarters will be valuable at some point. Since it’s a kind of TBT.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2022 5:47PM

Another Cool Find

Low Mintaged

2015s Blue Ridge Parkway

Mintage- 779,606

Less than half the mintage of any W 2019 or 2020 quarter!

• Options

@joeykoins ,
    I want to get rolls where you get them!! Some great finds (S & W) so quickly. I've gone through ($k) of rolls (CA) and been coming up empty... Getting rolls here is a challenge also, maybe 15 to 20 rolls a week,,, Thanks for the updates, Joe

• Options

WoW!

Exquisite One

I might send this one in.
    PCGS MS 69

$7000

Even a MS 68 lists for $300+

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins ,
    I want to get rolls where you get them!! Some great finds (S & W) so quickly. I've gone through ($k) of rolls (CA) and been coming up empty... Getting rolls here is a challenge also, maybe 15 to 20 rolls a week,,, Thanks for the updates, Joe

Lol.
    Thanks. Yeah, I can't believe what's in this box too!
    It seems like every other roll contains something amazing.
    :o

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins ,

The answer is... @joeykoins isn't normal.
    He's a roll X-Man. It literally wouldn't surprise me if he could fly.
    :blush:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited January 27, 2022 7:09PM

@joeykoins said:

WoW!

Exquisite One

I might send this one in.
    PCGS MS 69

$7000

Even a MS 68 lists for $300+

Now on this one though I'm seeing plenty of little hits and scratches...
    I think you need to rotate that one a few times under light.
    ...At 69 the rims/edges become pretty important too...I'm just sayin'.
    I'm guessing solidly lower than 69... I love you though :smiley:
    But holy congrats on that it's nice! I hope I'm wrong!!! :blush:

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu said:

...I'm just sayin'.

I'm guessing solidly lower than 69... I love you though :smiley:

Lol.
    No, it's fine brother. Love you too!
    It's ALL gooooood.
    ;)

• Options

My 17th 2022d found

Eclipse Toning?

Weighs normal.
    Thanks

• Options

Back on the "W" Road!

2019 W Lowell

Out of all my 84 W's, this might only be my 2nd or 3rd 2019 Lowell?
    Not many at all in my W collection.

• Options

What a CRAZY night!
    Look at this. :#

Can you guys see it?

• Options
    edited January 28, 2022 6:55AM

@JoeyKoins, was wondering if you collect/grade 1976 bicentennial quarters? For some strange reason, I do...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file